Windows 10 pushes for update

mikrobitti.fi/uutiset/mb/ed67ff54-1375-4c87-87c1-237723804efd

Now that Microsoft deemed newest Windows 10 update to be functional enough and that it doesnt remove accidentally all the users files for users who update, the practice of making a nagging screen for users who did not update has resurfaced itself.

There is now a screen popping up for all users of Windows 10 who still run an older version the newest one named October 2018 update.

Windows Update Assistant jumps on your screen and recommends immediate update.
Currently it offers an option to decline the update but for how long?

Attached: critical process part deux.jpg (1600x900, 92K)

Windows users are cuckolds for putting up with shit like this. What's the reason for not using Linux? It doesn't support some obscure wireless card? It doesn't have /v/toddler toys? Linux never forcibly updated. It never deleted my files. It never blue screened.

:( Your P *QR code glitches*

do it. you'll feel better in the morning.

Attached: 1546319251373.jpg (785x807, 72K)

update it you fingol!

LTSB doesn't have this problem.

I do a new install instead of updating. Never get offered updates or anything since I strip my OS to the bone.

>hurr durr deletes files
Already been explained numerous times why this isn't an argument.

neither does it have security patches

>Already been explained numerous times why this isn't an argument.
Explain it again. I wanna hear you defend OS updates that delete user's documents, wincuck.

Attached: 027.png (1000x1000, 137K)

I don't know what you are talking about
LTSB is literally no feature updates or breaking changes to system, pretty much only security patches.

But it does, that's literally the whole point of LTSB/C.

Yes but it's a Windows system, so it will never get enough security patches to fix the fucking mess it is

Great argument

It wasn't a mandatory update. The only people that upgraded did so by choice, willingly. Microsoft never pushed it to the public as a mandatory update that triggered Windows Update. Also, if you don't backup your shit before any kind of update, you're retarded especially when Windows has a built-in backup program.

It's literally no different than someone willingly installing a beta or alpha version of a new Linux kernel version and it fucking their shit up.

I've been told countless times by linux users that I shouldn't bother switching if I want to game and keep working with all my adobe software in it. Make up your fucking minds.

Worse software in most cases, bad (for a desktop) dependencies system, worse UI.
If something is not working ootb on linux you are in for an adventure.

This is correct, if your hobby is not making shit work on a pc, then you should not bother.

Not an argument

>y-y-you didn't have to c-click the button!
AHAHAHAHAHA! Micropenis put that shit out as an official update and if started deleting files and bricking laptops. But you're right. It's exactly like beta testing because Microfaggot Blowschunks 10 users are used as unpaid beta testers. You do their quality control work for enterprise without seeing a goddamn penny of it, you massive cuck. Top lel

Stay on winshit, /v/toddler. Your hobby is gay and you deserve the suffering.

Are you too stupid to google your problems?

Attached: laughing_pepe.gif (360x346, 170K)

a macOS VM is still an option for that

Click what button? You had to actually download it yourself. It wasn't available on Windows Update at all. Only people part of their Insiders programs could download the update and they again WILLINGLY CHOSE TO DOWNLOAD & INSTALL IT.

Now try again without a bunch of useless ad hominems and non-factual bullshit.

>mfw I manually turned off a bunch of shit so it never auto updates
I haven't updated in like 2 years.

Attached: zZ86SqQ.jpg (891x717, 77K)

I'm interested in using my pc instead of "googling my problems". I use both win10 and linux and win10 is miles ahead of linux for desktop if you don't need linux-exclusive software. Windows just does everything better for end user.

>Manually download iso the day every update come out
>Start it and go to eat dinner
>30 mins later is done
Doing that every 6 months isn't hard.

>Windows just does everything better for end user.
Not if you want to mess with configs (i.e. turning off auto updates).

>turning off auto updates
Go to Services and set WU to Disabled. Takes all of 10 seconds.

That's not even an option in Windows 10. It only lets you choose the timeframe during which the OS will fuck you over and force down your throat the latest broken update.

I just format my boot drive every month, I swear windows 10 gets slow faster than 7 and 8.1

And even if you stop the service it restarts it automatically.

The fuck are you talking about? Go into Windows Services and set WU to disabled. Stopped is different from Disabled.

>he still has not installed gentoo

>gentoo
LFS or you're a brain dead faggot that should buy a Mac.

>using LFS
>just following some youtube tier tutorial instead of doing it 100% yourself

can I disable Windows and install another OS from those settings?

>buying computer parts
>not making everything yourself
Have to make sure it's all 100% open-source or else you can't be positive if you're part of the botnet or not.

>living in the same universe as the botnet

Have you not been paying attention? You have to make your own computer parts from scratch, code your own OS, etc. or else you're part of the botnet.

the fastest way to get the CIA knocking on your door

You can do that? I had to touch a bunch of registry and group policy stuff to completely disable it.

mycpu.eu

>not owning your own country
Keep up retard or enjoy the botnet

Works fine for me as I never update after the initial new RS install. The vast majority of WU don't do shit but add useless features, update localization for non-English languages, or fix compatibility with shit so old that nobody uses it. Oh, and of course the bazillion of WMP & Edge updates that nobody uses unless you're literally a retard.

>Not a single screenshot of the said message
Cringe and bluepilled

Microsoft starting off the new year superbly

Have to agree with that, if you want not to use your pc for launching programs and using them, but to tinker with OS configs it is better. Few other cases exists but they are very rare.

>still on Windows 7
Is it time to give up?

>but for how long?

Until the engineers Microsoft sees you doing something important, then they will push the restart in the middle of that so you have to start all over.

CIA is foreign intelligence, retard. If you build your own computer in the US, you get the FBI instead.

Have all desktop Linux distros managed the astonishing achievement of having desktop VSync working across multiple monitors out of the box yet or is that still too hard?

>or fix compatibility with shit so old that nobody uses it
Now I'm wondering if my soundcard's drivers might stop BSODing with these updates.

>soundcard
If you're PC is built within the Core Duo days or newer, there is no need for one. Onboard shit is just as good, if not better than sound cards. Only way to improve PC audio is to get your own external DAC.

You're probably the worst shitposter I've seen in a while. You're not being subtle enough to actually rustle the jim-jams. Find a new hobby, perhaps something you're good at. Maybe jerking off to pictures of rms eating shit off his feet?

>Only way to improve PC audio is to get your own external DAC.
The STXII is pretty good tho.

Literally incorrect, get your shit together. Realtek doesn't have standards to keep up to and mobile sound quality is almost never advertised

>What's the reason for not using Linux?
Adobe.

what an unbelievable pain
12x installs a year
why use it. is horrible 90s shit

Linux actually works better with my wifi card. The sloppily put together legacy Qualcomm drivers on Windows 10 cause it to randomly lose internet access and won't connect to any wifi point until a reboot. Never once happened for the years I used Linux with it.

I used to temporarily deactivate Windows Update so it didn't consume by mobile bandwidth, but now I'm unable to change Initialization or Status. They fucking changed settings because telemetry fucking narc on me.

In the 1990's (at least with Win9x) you didn't install frequently. You'd install it ONCE, twiddle with it for over a week just to get everything (esp. sound & networking) reasonably working, then pray to our lord and savior Jesus Christ of Nazareth that it wouldn't collapse like a house of cards the moment you think too loud about installing a video game.

Nah, most onboard realtek shit is fine these days. You only really need an amp and only for high impedance stuff. It's just I have a WS motherboard with one of the shittier realtek chips do a soundcard was a good idea.

If you can't provide actual double-blind test results, you have no argument. I've gone from a soundcard in the XP/Vista days to onboard since and there's zero difference with my 598s.

Completely unnecessary and you can swear all you want, it's all in your head unless you can provide proof.

Try LTSC

Adobe is just a meme. Its just doing everything worse. Graphics (multiple displays, etc) - worse, programs available (not just adobe, but even things like foobar2000) - worse, desktop environment(s) - worse. Its just worse in everything except freedom and privacy. There are exceptions but there are exceptions, not rules.

Wrong, retard.
Linux has worse applications, but it has better programs.
Even then, foobar is great and I use it with windows. You're an idiot and a faggot, I am sorry for the day your mother had to gave birth to a skull as thick as yours.

Attached: 68109175_p0.jpg (1200x1697, 184K)

I mostly did it for SNR. Again, I have a WS mobo so it has one of the shittier realtek chips. And if you want something better than the 598 you might need an amp.

not only this but computer sound was actually at its peak in 1999 and has gone downhill ever since

greatest creative offering:
Sound Blaster Audigy ZS, it is still many ways better than new creative

Last chip made by Yamaha, which is an actual HIFI sound connoisseur:
Yamaha XG, it contained MIDI that was million times better than anything done today
(sadly MIDI died a death in early 2000s)

Aureal Sound System (ASS) this sounded really great and had 3D sound that is lightyear ahead anything we have today

>Sound Blaster Audigy ZS, it is still many ways better than new creative
How so?
>Yamaha XG, it contained MIDI that was million times better than anything done today
And yet Roland was a million times better than Yamaha could hope to be.
>Aureal Sound System (ASS) this sounded really great and had 3D sound that is lightyear ahead anything we have today
You mean like modern day Dolby gimmicks?

>Roland was better than Yamaha

No it wasnt for MIDI music except in games
Yamaha released its XG-MIDI too late to be picked up by game music designers because whole MIDI thing had just died.

Sadly for Yamaha, also computer musiciansa and music industry abandoned MIDI at the same time.

Roland had always worse sound samples than Yamaha did. But it got to release its sound canvas line of devices just at the right time and was there first before Yamaha started to do the same

As to what comes to Audigy 2 ZS, it has nearly as nice sound as modern Creatives which is a neat feat for 15 year old car. Where it shines is driver support, it has perfectly stable drivers even on Windows (sadly Win XP is last supported OS) and it will work even with new linux kernel. So only in Windows it would be useless these days.

2019 YEAR OF LOONIX DESKTOP

>No it wasnt for MIDI music except in games
>Yamaha released its XG-MIDI too late to be picked up by game music designers because whole MIDI thing had just died.
>Sadly for Yamaha, also computer musiciansa and music industry abandoned MIDI at the same time.Roland had always worse sound samples than Yamaha did. But it got to release its sound canvas line of devices just at the right time and was there first before Yamaha started to do the same
Not really though. There's a reason a shitton of GameCube games used Roland samples, and that was after 2001. Yamaha's samples just sound way too "harsh", and everything I've heard from Yamaha modules sounds way too bassy. Just listen to stuff like Metroid Prime, Pokemon Colosseum or Golden sound. They all use Roland samples and sounds way better than anything Yamaha has made. Not only that, the samples that Yamaha softsynths use are bad even compared to the 1997 samples of the original FF7.

>Yamaha softsynth sound shit

Yes this is because everyone tried the freeware version which actually sounds bad

The commercial variety of Yamaha softsynth is great and doesnt utilise 2MB sampleset but instead 8MB and 16MB

No answer for the rest of the post? And HyperCanvas always sounded better than Yamaha's softsynth, no matter the version.

I have no knowledge about GameCube but I will look this up

Neat. Golden Sun is GBA tho, and there are some SC-88 recreations.

no nags here lol

Attached: 1803.png (478x221, 10K)

2018 Retina MacBook Pro doesn't have this problem.

>Mactoddler shilling for his trash
Lmao, you're even dumber than /v/irgins.

This and Blue screen crashes have never once been an issue for me. Never updating my phone, never updating windows. It is bloat and garbage 100% of the time.

You’re retarded it is absolutely an option, and no time even some crazy arcane fix it literally takes maybe 30 seconds.

Doesn't it restart every time you reboot though?

Nope, disabled at startup. It’s all in services.msc. Disabling that superfetch and BITS are all key to having a livable windows OS

I use 1709 and haven't approved any newer releases via WSUS yet. No nag screens here.

You're getting your shit wannacrypted just like the rest of boomers who think they are smart for doing this

This is bullshit. Plenty of people don't update shit and never have any issues. The vast majority of updates are useless or patch shit in very specific circumstances that nearly all users won't be affected.

LTSC doesn't have this problem.

Attached: powershell-2019-01-01_21-39-05.png (453x70, 5K)

>blocks your path
nothing personnel windows

Attached: updates.png (851x394, 30K)

Congratulations. You're only three months late.
>Currently it offers an option to decline the update but for how long?
Considering 1703 is still getting updates cumulative updates (I just updated one Friday), probably a while.

Attached: Untitled.png (966x637, 28K)

>Stay on winshit, /v/toddler. Your hobby is gay and you deserve the suffering.
What else can you do on a PC other than gaming?

I'll be sure to do it like that next time. Meanwhile all the register and gp tinkering I did seems to be working fine.

watch animes

Hack elections.

illustrator doesn't work. it's required for my entire company.
Every machine runs linux and we use RDP into 1 central server with 64GB of ram that runs adobe illustrator CC on 30 sessions at once so we only pay 1 license, fucking faggots

Anime is degenerate and cringe as fuck.
Do you, by any chance, happen to be Russian?

Adobe had an issue raised on their tracker requesting a linux port.
15x the amount of points of any other issue.

It's still up and now under consideration.

Attached: boner.jpg (480x678, 36K)

Iv had w10 since the day it was available as a free upgrade and iv NEVER lost files or had an update brick my PC. Wtf are you doing with your PC's that causes these things to happen?

Why hack elections when you can just pull boxes full of ballots out of cars all seemingly voting for one political party only?

>wat is windows server 2016

jesus you fuckheads argue about this literally nonstop.
WANT A DEBLOATED, LEAN, NO FORCED FAGGOTRY? INSTALL A WINDOWS SERVER OS ABOVE 2012 R2.
jesus hitler christ, server 2016 literally works out of the box for gaming, adobe, rock solid stability, plus all of the extra enterprise goodies that might come in handy. the only thing that is remotely a drawback is that very few, obscure, installers and softwares will fail OS version check on install. even that is trivial to fix.

seriously, there are no correct people (other than me) in this thread. my server 2016 install has been SOLID since the day i installed it (a week after launch day). these sausagerubbing threads could simply stop and you fuckheads would actually get to enjoy the distilled perfection of windows. am i saying it's better than linux? not necessarily. right tool for the job.

Attached: 1542903416920.png (261x322, 116K)

>all these linuxtards shilling Linux so hard

No wonder y'all still virgins.

Link so I can upboat?

Linux is like Wine.

You get ahold of it, but now what? You try it, and it tastes like shit. "Oh! No No No! You have to take it with things!" So you get cheese for your wine. And try it again. and you try the wine with chocolate. Still doesn't taste good, it's wine.

Then you come to Jow Forums. That's a wine tasting. It's a bunch of fucking asshats drinking moldy fruit juice with sugar in it, telling each other how good it tastes because none of them want to publicly socially admit that wine is moldy fruit juice with sugar in it. Not bad for you, but you have to fix it cause it's not gonna hold up on it's own.

I've tried Linux. In no way is it superior. It's not inferior either though. Linux is just kind of THERE as an option for an operating system. I use Windows because it comes compatable and I'm used to it.

And I, nor anyone I have ever met, has ever lost files from a windows sleazy forced update

Linuxtards are the Sonyautists of Jow Forums.