Honest question - Why would anyone buy an expensive flagship Android phone when something like that OnePlus 6T with the...

Honest question - Why would anyone buy an expensive flagship Android phone when something like that OnePlus 6T with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon processor and all around decent specs is available for around $500?

Same specs as the Galaxy Note 9, Pixel 3, every other $800+ Android phone last year.

Attached: aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS80L1EvODA3NTc4L29yaWdpbmFsLzZ0LWJiLmpwZw==.jpg (340x340, 16K)

Conspicuous consumption

>no expandable storage
>no headphone jack

Brand.

Galaxy S9 and Note 9 have those. Are they worth $400 extra?

>buying a phone at release.
$40 price difference now between the 6t and s9+.

Because everything else is measurably better, like the camera and screen quality

Maybe they want to try One UI on the new Samsungs or DEX or something
Maybe they take notes often or draw a lot and the stylus of the Note is better

Maybe they're already invested in the iOS ecosystem and have a ton of apps which aren't available on Android, or have a lot of friends that use iMessage and FaceTime

Maybe they just like the ease of support from buying a popular brand, where you can grab a random case from a corner store if you need it, or knowing that accessories will be made for their phones first and foremost

Maybe it's just a fucking phone and people have always been buying more expensive options when budget and mid-range options are available, like TV's, computers, cars

Maybe they're just bad with budget, or lack the technical knowledge to make a measured decision and just go with what they know is the best from advertising and word of mouth

So its fair to say its never worth it to spend full price for a flagship Android, right? Like, $800+ is ridiculous when the OnePlus exists and when other phones go on sale so quickly?

buying things gives happiness

Many people buy theirs on a phone plan where they get it for "free" or low monthly cost and decide they need the extra features of the more expensive plan they're locked into

Only to a point, but a lot of people are aware it doesn't but do anyways

based mature answer
OP grow up, it's not about the money

>DON'T SPEND FULL MSRP ON A 'FLAGSHIP' GOYIM, MY MUCH CHEAPER CHINKPHONE THAT CURRENTLY COSTS THE SAME IS MUCH BETTER, WITH LESS FEATURES

Because my work reimburses my phone expense a certain amount a month. And I can justify having a Note9 because of the work I do which frequently requires me to RDP from my phone and I want the best experience I can possibly have each time I do that. I'm sure there might be some other phone that might be slightly better for my use case. But I'm lazy and to research it and fuck around with said phones to get them to work with my carrier is not worth my time.

Because I support Koreans so I get more delicious kpop bitches

>he unironically thinks he's not the goyim

>better screen
>better camera
>sd card slot
>no notch

only downside is samsung software and fucking bixby, but what can i do?

>no headphone jack
>no microSD slot

Or I could spend half as much and get a midrange phone with both of those and...the only downside is a millisecond more lag?

>for around $500
to pay that much for a toy

I imagine you live in a warehouse full of industrial machinery.

You'll look poor though.

good goy

Attached: 1546269618462.png (274x320, 34K)