Is Java worth learning?

is Java worth learning?

Attached: download.jpg (1024x768, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Attached: 1537916112847.jpg (891x888, 56K)

No language is worth learning except Swift.

do the needful sir

learn C

It's the ultimate Pajeet language. If you're looking to start out, learn Python; it will be far more beneficial to your career.

Learn Java, C++ or C# if you really want to get into object-oriented programming. Plus many jobs still ask for Java/C++ experience.

Do you want to guarantee yourself a job?? Sure go for it.

Don't be meme'd by retards like pajeets are in all mainstream languages that have been outsourced at one point in their life. Write good code and use the latest Java standard and it's not an issue.

Java is also used A LOT in big data. Dat JVM garbage collection

Yes, Java is one of the primary languages sought after in the job market. Also it's versatile.

Get off this board its past your bedtime.

Jow Forums has never been able to make any argument against Java other than “muh pajeets”, so yes

It's the comfiest, but it's also the most verbose. It's also the most "jack of all trades, master of none" language. You won't be programming a missile in Java, but you might be programming POS software or some shit.

piece of shit software

Purely object-oriented languages are nonsensical and a horrifically bad way to express human thought, which is ultimately what programming languages are meant to do.
steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/03/execution-in-kingdom-of-nouns.html

Surely no POS software developer has ever heard that one before.

See

>blogspot
>2006
>another "I let other people think for me" argument
see You are also free to use none of the OO functionality that Java offers which is perfectly valid for the JVM bytecode.

Lots of vendor software offer Java hook ins thanks to JMS. Not that Jow Forums cares about this since most here are NEET or in highschool/college

java is well rounded, it does almost anything decently well

It really depends on what you're looking to do? Are you trying to get a job or write business software? Yes, Java is worth learning. Just look at its market share. If you're more interested in web development or programming at the hardware level you'd be better off spending that time learning something else.

Comparing programming languages is kinda like comparing driver bits. The best one is the one that works for the project you're working on.

>another "I let other people think for me" argument
I'm not going to repeat the thrust of a perfectly sound argument when someone has already done so thoughtfully and reasonably eloquently. Though I'm sure as a Java codemonkey, reinventing the wheel feels natural to you.

An argument made 12 years ago. Java hasn't exactly stood still as a language. Two years ago this same blogger said:
>...for an ordinary working clod like me, Kotlin is perfect.
>...C# is easily one of the best languages on earth, hands-down.

Doesn't exactly seem like he embraces your ivory tower rhetoric wholeheartedly. Maybe start making some of your own arguments?

Java is a meme

Sure, Java is the new Cobol. Its the language of choice for server side business programming. It has been for years and its going to stay that way for a while.

If you want a job, yes.

At least it's not cobol.

Short answer, yes.

I'm that guy that learned java just to land a job. Wasn't my first choice and now I am about to learn C# so I can do some hobby stuff but I landed a job and that's what matters.
Java isn't even that bad. Most of these people are memeing boomers. The only thing I dislike is that everything is a goddamn object

Getting experience with Java and to some extent exposure to the JVM isn't a bad thing. There's an enormous amount of effort and resources that's poured into making the JVM as fast as it is. If you don't like Java and want to program in a different paradigm you have options like Scala or Clojure for other JVM based languages.

Idiots on Jow Forums will just talk about muh Pajeets. Find me one language that doesn't have Pajeets. It's a useless criticism nowadays. Java is a fine language to learn and picking up any other OOP language should be pretty trivial to do. Remember at the end of the day these are just tools, not ideological battles. Choose the right tool for the job and move on.

>The only thing I dislike is that everything is a goddamn object
And the solution to every problem ever is "just make an object lol".

I remember reading somewhere in effective java that creating small helper objects isn't even that bad memory wise.

Dude strings are objects lmao. Duud what if, what if we made arrays objects too
Wooooaaaa

Learn Scala instead

>what if, what if we made arrays objects too
Yeah, it's moronic. I was trying to make an execution queue with lambdas and had to resort to make it a queue of objects.

Yes, it's good language. But here comes the FUD: Oracle changed licensing and development model of Java a while ago. It's a shitshow now.