Let's write a regex to filter those insufferable faggots Who Capitalize Every Word In Their Posts

Let's write a regex to filter those insufferable faggots Who Capitalize Every Word In Their Posts.

So far I've got
\b[A-Z]\w\+\b
to identify words beginning with a capital but it misses single-character words, and the main issue is getting it to match every word.

Attached: 1521419980884.jpg (662x658, 99K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/officialjaden/status/329768040235413504?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

\b[A-Z]\w*\b

Did you really have this hard of a time with this?

That's just gonna filter every post with even a single capitalized word.

Is this even possible?

^([A-Z]\w*\s*[.,:;!?]?\s*)+$
This allows you to put many spaces after a punctuation.

I honestly haven't seen anyone on Jow Forums do this, but good luck

Is \+ a typo? Pretty sure it just matches the literal +.

I'm a dumbass but I'd use nested repeating groups to capture words and punctuated sentences, like this:
(?:(?:\b[A-Z]\w*\s*)+[\.!?]\s*)+

How Can Mirrors Be Real If Our Eyes Aren't Real

Neat, your solution is basically the same as mine at

I like yours a bit more.

Both fail though with the addition of non \w characters like the apostrophe here

whom are you trying to filter?

jayden here (guy who made the Eyes Aren't Real post)

This fixes it but I'm shit at regex and might have side effects

^([A-Z](\w|\')*\s*[.,:;!?]?\s*)+$

I can think of other things that won't trigger it, like

How Can Mirrors Be Real - If Our Eyes Aren't Real

So you might have a bit more work to do

No one Gives a Fuck About your Name, Jayden

Sorry Retard, it just so happens that in my native Language you capitalize all Nouns, so it sometimes is a hard Habit to break although now I am doing this intentionally.

twitter.com/officialjaden/status/329768040235413504?lang=en

fucking faggot, perhaps if you knew shit outside of your pathetic arch operating system fetish you would get a girlfriend

Might be best to replace \w with something like [^\s.,:;!?].

These sons of a bitches aren't capitalizing every word, but can be caught if we set a tolerance using something like (thepattern){3,}[.?!][\code] which checks for at least three occurrences of a capitalized word within a sentence.

What's your native language?

Perhaps you should spend more time mastering the English language. After all, it is the only important language in the world, the only one where it is reasonable expected any professional will speak, and what will replace all other languages in at most 200 years.

German.

Well, it's not like it changes the Meaning or makes what I write incomprehensible. It is just a Habit I fall back in occasionally, especially when I write rather fast.

>and what will replace all other languages in at most 200 years.
Reason enough to butcher it a little.

>which checks for at least three occurrences of a capitalized word within a sentence.
But that is a bad idea.
"Jon thinks that England and Wales are a part of Britain." See, there is nothing grammatically wrong here.

>German.
>Well, it's not like it changes the Meaning or makes what I write incomprehensible. It is just a Habit I fall back in occasionally, ...
Same.

[A-Z]\w+'?\w?

Attached: blown_the_fuck_out.png (540x960, 63K)

How.Çan.Mirrors.Be.Real.Ïf.Our.Ëyes.Âren't.Real.