Does anyone have a use for these?

I keep getting these cards on ebay computer part lots and I have no idea what I'm going to do with them. I have a few laptops that take these and I think it would be cool to re-purpose or re-use them for something.

Attached: 33-124-110-09.jpg (640x480, 27K)

stik it up ur buthol
hah gat him

They are ancient Wi-Fi adapters that would slot into the expansion port of older Laptops. Nowadays, Laptops come with Wi-Fi adfapters already built into them, and if you were to need one, you're probably much better off with a USB one anyways.

So no.

Attached: imagesCANGCFD3.jpg (116x77, 2K)

I know what they are. I was just wondering if they had any practical use now a days. Appreciate the reply, though.

I'll probably just rip them apart and sell them for scrap.

Using them would degrade your local spectrum for you and your neighbors. Destroy them

where do you sell your scrap?

if they dont have WAP2 at least, they are worthless

but if they do have WAP2, use them if you have a suitable slot in a laptop

Well, I have a few boxes of old scrap I'm going to sell on ebay.

Hackers like the ones with atheros wifi chip or at least used to

Would that be getting wifi without having to use a router? That could be useful. Again, I have probably fifty of these.

Send one for me, i pay the shipping

I live in the ISS. Shipping would be around $250k

why would you have an computer with pcmcia slot in current year?

>ebay
Does that work? I've got a bunch of scrap PCB's from old TV's, computers, etc. laying around that I need to get rid of.

No it was a chipset that you could inject packets with

I bought an R61 laptop and did a cheap rebuild. I like old laptops like this and it was basically less than $100 for something nice and hardy.

Unless you plan on building a crappy slow Wi-Fi AP I'd look for an Ethernet adapter if it doesn't have it integrated already.

Yeah, check out gold scrap/recovery on Ebay. People sell shit on there for tons of money. Basically junk. You could also sell use boards for repair. Especially old/rare stuff.

Cool. I'll have to look into it.
Thanks.

It does. Although, the idea of finding one that can inject packets sounds interesting.

Panasonic still makes toughbooks today with PCMCIA slots.
Makes you think.

You're welcome. Good luck, friend!

They actually make PCMCIA cards that add USB slots and stuff like that. Really weird stuff. I wonder how well those work on old computers.

Can't the stock one do that already? IIRC cheap Ethernet adapters do a lot of the networking stuff on the software side for cheap electronics.

On computers before USB existed?
I imagine they'd still work, if you were able to get an OS with the driver support on there.
It would probably be slow. I think the bus is limited by an internal PCI bus.

there is no USB 1.0 card made for computers that has no USB

think about it: USB appeared on laptops in 1997
PCMCIA ISA appeared on laptops in 1992 and PCMCIA PCI appeared in 1996 or something

the 1996 variant is called cardbus and all USB cards are made for it, they wont work in ISA, thus they are useless for laptops which dont have USB ports since all laptops that support cardbus have at least one USB slot already built in

Are you trying to tell me I can't take my old ISA sound card and plug it into this brand new PCI slot?

I was just talking about the fact that they still make cards that work like USB addons. It's just odd. I'm currently using an R61 laptop with a PCMCIA slot.

I payed cheat for a hp netbook that i use for college just for writing

Apple II HDD in an iPadpro.

"What's a computer?"

Trips approve.

>Apple II HDD
>t. retard

Type I (not cardbus) wifi cards are nice for old laptop tinkerers. You can get WPA working sometimes.

Jesus dude will you shut the fuck up and go back to ledit? fucking christ are you going to clean his taint with your tongue before he goes too?

>other people being polite makes me so mad I could just post about it!

what a fag lol

I had a thinkpad a million years ago that had a pc-card modem. It was impressively shit.

Attached: s-l300.jpg (300x219, 11K)