/iemg/ — In-Ear Memes General

Welcome to /iemg/ - The In-Ear Monitors General, where we rape our ears, going deaf by 24 and getting hit by a car.

IEM advice request template:
>Budget
>Location
>Wired/wireless
>IEMs/Earbuds
>Sound signature
>Past IEMs

Got anything cool for Christmas or New Year?

Featured: Sony MH755. MH755: cable is fucking short.

Attached: mh755.jpg (1600x900, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/1-2/32854537344.html
aliexpress.com/item/24pcs-12-pair-T400-4-9mm-headphones-memory-foam-tips-ANJIRUI-original-foam-tips-T500-ear/32887287874.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Budget
$30-$150
>Location
australia
>Wired/wireless
wireless
>IEMs/Earbuds
iems, but at what point does one become the other?
>Sound signature
lots of bass, and I can't hear past 14khz so don't care about high frequency performance
>Past IEMs
xiaomi pistons, KZ ZS5

Cheapest route will be just adding TRN BT10 to your ZS5.

I really like the AKG earbuds that came with my Galaxy S8, and really enjoy its build in microphone and control buttons on it. They sound fantastic.

I decided to buy several more of these exact kind of earbuds in case they ever crap out on me, I "need" these earbuds in my life. I'm too accustomed to their feel in my ears and the controls mean that much to me. I bought several of them on the cheap from a sponsored ebay listing claiming to be OEM with them. I swear to god, these better be IDENTICAL to the ones I use now or I'm going to raise such a stink about it and get my money back.

Attached: iu[2].jpg (1024x683, 44K)

>these better be IDENTICAL to the ones I use now
Chances are pretty slim.

Are there right angle MMCX adaptors for the ER4SR?

>DM6 out for delivery
>delivery guy is filling up mailboxes right now
Hopy shit guy hurry up so I can get my memes already

This should work:
aliexpress.com/item/1-2/32854537344.html

That's cool
I wanted some new IEMs for the holiday but no money, plus none of the memes look very interesting.

Just bought the OnePlus Bullets wireless. Did I fuck up?

No hype. These are the best IEM’s I’ve heard yet.

Attached: F5C13E10-94C6-4BEE-B592-8D06F41E7B3D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.02M)

Is it bright as fuck

Not even remotely. I’ve seen tye graphs too but there’s nothing overbearing with the treble. I haven’t listened to an awful lot as I just opened these up but the sound is very balanced.

Can you take pics of the nozzle? Want to see the tubings

I used mine for nearly 2 years now. The only one problem is the wire that is mashing up(?)

what are some good cheap chifi mmcx cables?

lol.

Make and Cost?

BGVP DM6. 150-200$ for overhyped bright plastic.

hey dude, I used to work for samsung and I have like 12 of these laying around

God I HATE these things
I have DMG's, se215's, er3's, t2's, and I tried to give those things a chance when I got them with my new phone but they are so horrifyingly tinny and uncomfortable that I threw them out

sure sure

I'd rate those above se215
And it could be a nice, fun alternative for say the re400 I have, especially for the price.

Grats on getting yours dude. BGVP DM6 weeb version user here, can confirm that they have a bit of a treble harshness at loud volumes but they still are the best, have TRN IM1 on the way and will be comparing them.

Attached: IMG_20181226_162722.jpg (2976x3968, 3.27M)

At least the se215 have a semblance of separation and excellent isolation
Those AKG's seriously do nothing well

Anyone know what size Comply tips the BGVP DMG uses? Tx500?

i love them too but... WHY THE FUCK COULDNT THEY HAVE JUST MADE IT AN L SHAPED CONNECTOR

it's seriously the most annoying part because otherwise they're great, but whenever i have them in my pocket it fucks the cable up and pokes me when i walk.

What pmp?

Do they just let you print whatever on?

m0

Shanling m0

Attached: IMG_20190103_051334.jpg (1891x1367, 1.04M)

Huh, did they use a wide bore tube for BAs? That might explain sibilance or treble spikes.
Try using tips with a narrow bore.

TRN 8 core off aliexpress

its UV acrylic dumb nigger. Chink does not always come with shit.

I did use a wide bore tip, I will try using a small bore one and report back then

Attached: DSC06593.jpg (6000x4000, 3.05M)

Yea you could basically print anything you want on them while also choosing the color of the shell.

>TRN IM1
No. You fucked up. Its made for live performance work.
=Fuck you treble a la Beyer and good isolation with a bit of a bump in the mids. Not made for casual listening.

I prefer to give it a listen and check for myself, it was cheap anyways at $25. Should be here within 4 days.

I have a pair in clear and I love them. Just the right amount of bass, great clarity and AMAZING imaging.

What are some of your past IEM's?

Attached: redblue.jpg (918x591, 56K)

>MDR-NWNC33

These are the best earbuds I have ever used. Comfortable, don't fall out, sound great, and come with active noise canceling.

Came with my cellphone and I have kept using them even though cellphone is long gone.

Have tried the new updated version that comes with newer phones/walkmans but I was not impressed.

Attached: MDR-NWNC33.jpg (740x555, 149K)

Thoughts on the DMG? I know the DM6 is hyped up a lot

I bought some qt2 on AliExpress. It's broken but the seller asks me for a video. Do I have to provide a video? It's under warranty but I received the item a long time ago
.what should I do?

The DMG is a very good IEM. The presentation is slightly relaxed compared to the DM6, but the bass quantity and texture is better on the DMG IMO.

They are also fairly small and fit in the ears quite comfortably.

Its really a toss up between the DMG and DM6. The DMG is better for relaxed and "fun" listening, while the DM6 is more accurate and "fast" in its presentation.

Glad you worded it this way, I feel exactly the same owning both. I was just curious what anyone else thought :)
I prefer the DMG for most of my selection until I get to the classical

Clavinejunkie has said that they are one of the best for their budget, beating out their bigger brothers the DM6s. There will be a review of them in the future.

Not surprised ClavineJunkie isn't impressed by the DM6s as they have a horrible treble peak.

yeah

Attached: jv8n4b6fn4021.jpg (2208x1242, 394K)

Definitely easier on the ears
I prefer the rolling bass on the dm6 even though the sub feels a bit lacking
The sparkley-ness is what kills them for me, they do well with fem vocals though

Attached: BGVP_DMG_-_IDF_FR.jpg (1632x690, 135K)

The issue with my qt2 is that after a while the left side stops working probably due to heat

Please respond!

Saw on the archive some user ask a question about my qt2s durrability last week, so I'm just gonna necro reply in case it benefits anyone.
I personally liked them, they lasted me close to a year I believe. As far as durability I would hang them around my neck regularly, and have accidentally banged them against things multiple times just being my daily drivers. The left side no longer works anymore, but for what it was worth it was ok.
However now I feel like trying somthing else for a change. I just went ahead and bought the KZ ZSNs, koss ksc75s and I got a Walnut v2s dap, so I'll be looking forward to getting them. I will give my opinion on them if someone has a question. I'm hoping the ZSNs last longer than the qt2s did.

My fucking fh1s other ear died because plastic sucks dick. Got a chance to buy f9 pro for 122 euros(new obv) or i could get the fh5 for 236. are these good prices?(for an europoor)
Also is it worth spending almost double considering that I'll use them with my phone(gym) and pc? I use my IEMs very often, that's why my fh1 died in less than 6 months, but i dont know if the fh5 are as comfy as they look, the standard Fiio design looks like it sucked for me when i tried to listen while in bed or some shit.

Also if anyone knows if the f9 pro or fh5 are one-piece metal or glued?
Thanks in advance

Yes, TX500 will work with the DMG's

>Budget
$60-$90
>Location
mexico
>Wired/Wireless
Wired
>IEM/Earbuds
IEM
>Sound Signature
I listen to Hip-hop and heavy metal, so a middle ground i guess?
>Past IEMs
Skullcandy JIB

>fh1s other ear died because plastic sucks dick
>in less than 6 months
the ba driver probably died because they're sensitive to shock not because of plastic and if the plastic did break too then you need to stop throwing your iems across the room every day

A lot lol. I have a boobtube channel. My previous favorite was the NICEHCK DT500 which sound better than my Shure SE535’s. These are on a different level. I didn’t know BA’s could put out bass like this. I ordered the DMG’s on massflop so we’ll see which I prefer in like two months or whatever.

Next big purchase will be the Moondrop Blessings. Until then more chink shit hunting down the 2019 FOTY.

I appreciate you. Thank you

I have both and prefer the DMG usually. Depends on what you like to listen to of course

any penonaudio coupon?

>wasting all that money on garbage most of the time
>le journey is the fun of it gaiz!
>i'm going to give valuable opinions with no good point of reference as to what quality is!

No i didn't throw them at all, pretty much the other way. But what i did more or less is put pressure on them with my head
Also after like 3 months i tried the red tip,used it for like a week and when i tried to pull it out, mind you gently, it came out with the fucking tweeter ripped off the internal cables.
Again maybe I'm using them too much in a day (like 8-10 hours at least) but I'm pretty sure I'm not the hard-core listener out there.

Why iemg archived too early?

Yessir. Just like everyone else in these threads.

Whaty p90 of iem?

Attached: Rental_P90.jpg (1200x900, 81K)

Was wondering if you're gonna test out the new AS06?

Le me starting this chinkshit phones.
Bought es4
Le basshead, didn't like it, but not hating it, okay.
Bought mh755 because muh measurements
Loving it because seamless sounds when switching to hd600.
Le chink endgame.

what's the HD800 of IEMs

Are you talking about perceived soundstages or sound signature?

clarity and soundstage

a12t

Clarity, choose iem with lest peaks/dips in highs.
Soundstage, use hrtf filters.

Yep, agree with this.
smooth high with tia drivers, and scooped out 3khz area, just like hd800.

consider ed16, dmg and dm6, andromeda.
For some case, those iem can be too warm.

Literally EX1000

Ex1000 sounds like raw diffuse field for me, just like beyerdynamics

the andromeda is the only thing out of what you listed that comes even remotely close to what they were asking for

Why?

it's the only one that is very well detailed, doesn't have a normal iem soundstage, and it's at least somewhat on the side of neutral instead of v shaped

The DMG fits all of those but the soundstage

So the knock on the T2s is that they are bass heavy?

I really want a pair with detachable cables that don't go over the ear.

I suspect that you're highly biased.
But nice opinion anyway.

fotm chifi isn't that impressive, i know this general is full of poorfags who need these delusions but it's true, i don't even own an andromeda either

>Budget
$1k
>Location
I’ll pay for shipping if it’s good.
>Wired/wireless
Wired
>IEMs/Earbuds
IEMs
>Sound signature
Not really relevant. I want clarity and isolation over everything else. I’ll likely end up EQ’ing them anyways.
>Past IEMs
ER4SR. I’m wondering if there’s anything at higher price ranges that are better. I guess if it helps my headphones are HD800S and L700.

Customs.

Custom IEMs look like a pain in the ass to deal with. Is there no definitive “summit-fi” IEM the way there is with headphones?

b stock u10 from 64 audio if it's still available or campfire andromeda

I’ve heard a lot of bad shit about Campfire. Is it a meme or are they actually ok?

>t2’s
>bass heavy
Who said this? You mean the V2’s?

Shure kse or 64 universal.

a lot of their stuff is meh, but the andromeda at least is a genuinely great iem

I was curious about the Shures but $3k on an IEM is more than both of my regular headphones combined. What about the 64 audio stuff, how good is that?
How’s the isolation on it? I hear it has a good soundstage at least.

I thought someone said the T2s were either bass heavy or bass light.

I don't mind bass heavy but lack of bass is a deal breaker.

I think 64audio and Andromeda generally more or less same sound signature: scooped presence area. Which directly translate to distance or soundstage.
While kse is diffuse field tuned, which is has strong presence region boost.

Go with 64/andro for 800s feeling of soundstages, go for kse if you want stax like fastness and diffuse sounds.

the andromeda's isolation is good although it's not triple flange ety good, but you're still not going to hear much outside noise when music is playing

As much as I love my Stax sound signature I don’t think I can ever bring myself to dropping $3k on an IEM. I’ll look into the Andromedas or the 64 audio. Any specific recommendations from 64 audio?
Yeah I’m not expecting Ety isolation, just needs to be decent enough that I can listen to music while outside without really being irritated by outside noise.

Yeah they’re bass light. I think they have perfect bass personally but most find it lacking. You might want to check out the Yinyoo V2. They’re like the T2 pro with a lot of bass emphasis (v-shaped, in other words). Audiobudget has some info on how to get a discount on them.

Look for their audiophile/engineer recommendation.

not the other user you were talking to but andromeda has significantly shorter stem compared to shure's so insertion depth is not deep, i demo'd a pair with stock foams on and fit was rather disappointing, didnt get to try final tips but spin fits did a better job than stock foams at securing the position, isolation was not as good as foams though, just my personal experience your ears might accommodate foams better

Cool. Thanks.

crossposting from /csg/ but i wanted to let you guys know i finally found some decent tips. These are 24 Big Black Tips for US $7.86... normally you get 8 clown colours for around the same price ;)

pictured left is new tip, middle is wooeasy t400, right is a shit tier KZ "large" thats actually small

aliexpress.com/item/24pcs-12-pair-T400-4-9mm-headphones-memory-foam-tips-ANJIRUI-original-foam-tips-T500-ear/32887287874.html

Attached: IMG_7155.jpg (3264x2448, 1.32M)

Best I could do. There are 3 little tubes in there.

Attached: B3E22B4C-A476-44A4-B641-A7E3DE1E8862.jpg (4032x3024, 2.09M)