Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Why is nobody buying the new iPhones?

Attached: IMG_20190102_222301.jpg (1080x1449, 292K)

Other urls found in this thread:

zdnet.com/article/apple-cancels-iphone-xr-production-boost-claims-report/
warosu.org/g/thread/S68523943#p68526105
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because everybody is poor duh

Don't you dare, anime poster

Because they're shit, and people are finally starting to realize that they're shit, and they don't need new shit every single year.

That, and they temporarily stopped kiking people on battery upgrades so people weren't forced to buy a new phone after 24 months when the old one's battery died

Attached: IMG_20190102_222752.jpg (1080x862, 254K)

What the fuck happened Applebros, Tim Cook told me everyone was going to ditch their computer for iPad Pro. Are you telling me people don't a locked down child's toy to get real work done?

price increases, adequate performance of old models - subject to battery issues, headphone jack removal.

My iPhone 5c never worked correctly (T-Mobile version), Apple store employee told me it was a manufacturing issue and would never work correctly. After a year it bricked, I took it in and they said it was a cheap crappy phone but offered me $100 off a new phone. Said no thanks, downgraded to a dumbphone, never looked back.
Also my MacBook Pro's battery ballooned and failed, bending the laptop frame. Sold it, no longer own Apple products. I really like the UI but the costs and limitations are just ridiculous, not to mentioned the rapid designed obsolescence.

APPLE IS FUCKING DEAD
2019 IS THE YEAR LINUX OVERTAKES APPLE IN DESKTOP MARKET SHARE

Attached: image.jpg (600x600, 118K)

Two things. First they fucked up the iphone's reputation as entry-level luxury so poorfags no longer flock to it in order to flex in front of other poorfags. Retarded moves such as releasing the XR last year were particularly damaging. Second they stopped to even pretend they innovate, while the androids kept trying to one up each other which left Apple far behind in terms of features and build quality.

Because they're an incremental upgrade at best. Unless you're playing a game that really pushes the edge of iOS performance, an iPhone 7/7+ is almost impossible to discern from an XR/XS for the average user.

I'm the worst kind of macfag, and I only upgraded to an XS Max (from 8+) so I can have Face ID and dual sim. Otherwise I can barely tell the difference between my new phone and my old 8+.

Just wait for their batteries to die then they will buy the new ones

There is a sizeable amount of people wjo chose iphone over android due to the security rhey provide

retarded subcategories and names. Who the fuck mixes up roman numerals and actual letters in the naming of a phone? iPhone XS? iPhone XR? When the 3GS and 4S came out, you could infer that the S meant "slim" or an refined iteration over the previous smartphone. And there was only one model a year.

Now they're releasing multiple models a year which are hard to differentiate between themselves, let alone compared to the previous generation.

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1528998236165.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

Based sataniaposter

baste

Because everyone's afraid of their pockets catching on fire

>YEAR OF THE UNAPPLEING

Apple said cheap battery replacement for old phones played a role in it

>first iphone - $599
>never decrease price
>competition shows up at less than half the price
>people still buy apple
>raise the price
>people still buy it
>raise the price
>people stop buying
>lets raise the price to almost double original price
>people don't buy it
>its chinas fault

Because every iPhone pas 6S has been a straight downgrade.

China put tarrifs on our goods, so they are crazy expensive in comparison to home chinkshit brands.
It's trumps fault

You mean people that can't stop installing stupid malware garbage on any computer they own and need Apple to "curate" what people are allowed to do, which seems to involve those decisions getting more money for Apple.

this 1000% im holding on to my jailbroken 6s on 9.1.2 for life. Just got a cheap genuine apple battery in last year. Same with my 2011 debian mac air.

Tim Cucks faggot ass cant innovate for shit.

Attached: giphy (2).gif (360x240, 356K)

Why is that muslim disrupting the class?

>iPhones
The fag is over. No one wants them because it isn't cool anymore, plus the prices are abominable.

all they have to do is make an SE 2 but they won't because "muh luxury brand"

Because this year's model is indistinguishable from last year's model, last year's model was basically just a different-looking version of the model from 2 years ago with worse battery life and no fingerprint scanner, and the model from 2 years ago is indistinguishable from the model from 3 years ago.

based and redpilled

There's literally no demand for an SE 2 apart from for manlets with tiny hands. No Android manufacturer is even bothering to produce phones that small any more.

Attached: ApfelQC.jpg (800x548, 178K)

When are they going to fire this fuck
He's insane

The phone hype is over. And they brazenly hiked prices for a product that was already shamelessly overpriced.

>Inb4 Jow Forums posts slow iPhones old webm, because the internet is always 100% right
The real reason is because the a12 cpu, while being fast it’s not a major difference compared to the A10 cpu in the iPhone 7 and 7Plus so a lot of iPhone 7 Plus users are sticking to their phones just like windows 7 users loved their os more than windows 10. The Nvme nand flash is the same exact speeds and the only jump is Face ID, oled, higher resolution screen and camera, and a little better of a gpu/cpu. Other than that it’s practically an iPhone 7 Plus with just a 20% boost in the computing range.
Jow Forums should really go buy an iPhone 7 Plus and try it out for themselves off eBay. I scored a 256GB one off eBay for 390$ with a damaged screen, fixed it myself and man, this shit is faster than my galaxy s9. I’m really considering selling my s9

Attached: 9A3AE3A5-A6C7-413B-A547-894A090CB9B8.gif (399x152, 135K)

Jow Forums shilled me on the one plus 6 and it’s really ass. I’ve had a few girls ask me what kind of phone is that, but I’m disgust. I paid 490$ for mine :( seriously fuck you Jow Forums I feel like a curry nigger and so far I’ve had a few hiccups because my adreno gpu binary driver is old af (like gpu drivers for low IQ fags) Vulkan isn’t big yet and metal API seems to be gaining more speed than Vulkan is on android

Attached: 0C57B068-1264-43C9-B860-86728D4ECC2D.jpg (1205x1329, 241K)

Aren’t you the idiots that always shill security? Yet 9.1.2 is ass and the throttle gate shit is over with iOS 12. Quit being poor and buy apps, I bet that’s the only reason why you still have a jail break. iOS 12 is great and they brought older iPhones on par with 7Plus in performance for software level optimizations. I had iOS 10 for the longest, but the vulnerabilities had me on edge
>pic not related, but sauce on this would be something

Attached: D100FAF4-119A-4D0C-86E2-A596CDE6EB26.gif (349x165, 1.94M)

> mclaren edition
it must be slow

Economy is in a weak state at the moment. The price for the new iphone is far too high. Production cost has risen as well due to China; Apple is learning a hard lesson now, good.

>What's a computer?

>Yet 9.1.2 is ass
its perfectly fine for my use case
> Quit being poor and buy apps, I bet that’s the only reason why you still have a jail break.
its browsing Jow Forums via Fortune in the Cydia Repo you colossal faggot

Attached: 1545262135305.jpg (468x339, 127K)

Bitcoin hit $3,200 last month...

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-02 Peter Brandt on Twitter.png (1562x847, 407K)

Try harder shills. Pathetic attempts
Fortune is a shitty app. Not worth staying on a shitty old iOS version for it

also maybe phone market has peaked like PCs circa 2005 or whenever that was

kek

>t. SEETHING ipajeet

>The price for the new iphone is far too high

>apple makes budget iphones and they still dont sell

zdnet.com/article/apple-cancels-iphone-xr-production-boost-claims-report/

apple is fucked and peaked a couple months ago, there is no out for them short of a miracle

That chip is sure fast at not being able to anything. Maybe when I become senile and do nothing but browsing web and taking photos of food I'll consider an iPhone.

Honest answer is that two generation old processors are more than enough compute power to run all the apps you want on your phone. There’s no practical benefit to a current gen phone. Market is saturated.

3.5mm jack missing.

Because they are too expensive for what they are, iPhones are genuinely good products, however when you have the issue of the competition being cheaper and capable of things you intentionally lock on your device, it means you aren’t likely to steal any new customers.

>but muh jewgle botnet
Normées don’t even know about the botnet, and even if they did they wouldn’t care about it.

Apple has the ability to stop childproofing the device and reduce the bloated price to become objectively the best smartphones, yet instead they do this.

if they made an iPhone that ran Android you better bet your ass I would buy one. chance of that happening though is literally 0

>Wanting Google monopoly
Wow.

They are grossly overpriced, and if you truly love Xi Dada you will buy a Huawei to show support for the party. Unless you don't want a good social credit.

>budget
800$ is hardly budget, and apple never claimed it was

Iphone 7 is the budget model nao

SE is the budget model and it has a headphone jack.

is that still in production

they can still make iOS phones alongside iAndroid phones and make money from both markets

HE DID IT AGAIN B-B-BASED

Because 1500 dollar phone yall.

Nvidia did the same thing
So did intel
Fuck all of them

No but ATT still sells em for free with contract

The competition is fierce. Why pay $1300 when you can get a phone just as good or better in some ways for $400-$700.

I got my OnePlus 6 for $550, DECKED OUT with 256gb of storage, 8gb of ram, great camera, great screen, great design, 1.5 - 2 day battery life, when I could have gotten a Iphone X for TWICE that.

Also, I prefer android by a big margin so I wouldn't buy Apple products likely even if they gave better hardware for the price.

>There is a sizeable amount of people wjo chose iphone over android due to the security rhey provide
Proprietary and security are a paradox. Also, iOS itself is malware/spyware. Doesn't seem very secure to me.
warosu.org/g/thread/S68523943#p68526105

Phones unironically do not need more than 8GB of ram. The focus should be on reducing power consumption at this point.

>its chinas fault
Well, they're manufacturing them after all.

>Apple has the ability to stop childproofing the device and reduce the bloated price to become objectively the best smartphones, yet instead they do this.
Well, they didn't for a decade and they've become a trillion dollar company. What makes you think they'll start now?

apple marketed to boomers, gen x and millennials
is it the case that the tail end of the millennials are more tech capable, and don't feel the brand loyalty of prior gens?

Attached: 3.+broad-age-group-belong-shopping-clothing-accessories-important-brand-price.png (720x453, 81K)

Attached: get your shit together imbeciles.png (720x432, 34K)

Aren't Iphones made in China?

Due to some weird regulation it's first exported then imported again.

Sorry I'm late
iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: tenor(3).gif (220x224, 55K)

And after all that Apple still takes 90% of all the profits made in the smartphone market. With ~30% of the marketshare.
Just imagine the carnage if Cook decided to "buy" the whole phone market with agressive pricing.

Just like BlackBerry right?

Many factors, really, but one that no one mentions is that poorly named variants of the same phone have something to do. It confuses normies and devaluates the product. Apple is fucking up again everything jobs unfucked, like clear, well defined product lines.