Do your friends share your OS choice and overall opinions on tech things?

Attached: I_HERD_YOU_TALKED_SHIT.gif (324x253, 2.71M)

I don't have friends

Of course not.

They all avoid Windows 10 and Discord like that's the fucking problem.

But they gotta have those bluetooth headphones, and here, give me that sweat streaming service, and of course, let me definitely go outside without applying my gausian-blur makeup.

what kind of autist has opinions about technology

Yeah just use whatever is cool rn, don't be a nerd lmao

is it because you have strange choices?

No. They don't understand how to use such simple OS as Linux.

just use whatever works

>implying that Jow Forumstards have friends
Mine don't know shit about technology at all, making even simple conversation a fucking chore. Cause whatever just werks is just fine.

Attached: fortnite.png (108x102, 31K)

>>implying that Jow Forumstards have friends
the site became absolutely mainstream a couple years ago.

a lot of my friends are gaymers. some of my friends use linux and even post on Jow Forums

(You)
>Jow Forums
> "friends"
(you) may choose one and only one, friendo

For my bros who in2computer: Yes
For those who aren't in2computer: No

Debian's great. It's like driving an old 4x4 with an old dog in the passenger seat. It's robust, it can do most things, and it's got that comfortable broken-in feeling. It hasn't got all the bells and whistles, and sometimes it's lacking a doodad or two which can make compatibility with experimental or new-to-market stuff annoying, but for 99% of what you do, there's nothing more reliable. My computer-literate friends understand this, many of them lament that their work requires some other platform, whether it's MacOS, Win10, or RedHat by their profession. Those who aren't so into computers are baffled by it, and have a hard time understanding why I'd want to understand how an operating system works in the first place.

I choose 4channel and friends. Nobody from Jow Forums has any friends, I agree with you on that.

That meme is dead at least since smartphones became popular/2010/ or 2016 at latest

see and 90% of the threads in Besides, who says mainstream things aren't full of autistic people with no friends?

My closest friend does but it's mostly from my powerful radiation of autism
The rest, some use Linux and the rest use Windows

>3 people and a board dedicated to social outcasts state they don't have friends
>somehow means it's the case for the whole site with literally hundreds of thousands users
the secrit club meme had some meaning pre 2007

>comparing Jow Forums posters to 4channel posters
wew lad

my internet friends do, but my irl friends are cucked by facebook, google, microsoft etc and love it. It's hard to find fellow freetards in the wild, especially since we're all a bit autistic

>It's hard to find fellow freetards in the wild, especially since we're all a bit autistic
just visit conventions for linux or other bigger programs like blender.
or become a furfag since 90% of them are into more obscure technology stuff while loving to actually meet like-minded autists

>people unironically post shit like this on Jow Forums now
what has this place become

no thanks. I'll just occasionally tell my irl friends about FOSS in casual conversation and keep physical distance between me and the other autists

>on Jow Forums
Take a closer look

Some do. Some don't.

Sometimes? Its not like we really talk about technology very much.

Yes. I've influenced three friends to purchase ThinkPads and two of them use Linux. One uses Arch Linux and a very similar i3 rice to my own.

Attached: tfw thinkpilled.png (512x512, 142K)

Dunno, they're computer illiterate we dont talk about this. Most of them use osx.

I have 2 friends, they both use windows 7 and telegram because of my influence. That's about it.

Absolutely not. I think the very first or second Macbook Pro was probably the last laptop, for example, that I would be using. Things like its serviceability and upgrade potential is no longer the case with many modern laptops. Thinkpads too. I loved their x200 series in particular. Fuck touchpads.

Now that I think about it, a 2012 MBP is probably still good in this regard. Removable battery? Non-glued, non-soldered parts? What the fuck happened. Thunderbolt's cool though.

I still hate smart phones and I still build my own desktops. Thankfully there's a thriving gaming/enthusiast market still around so I'll put up with the retarded RBG gaming-branded shit if it means I can still pick and pull parts together.

>
Same, at least I got my mom on a Thinkpad while the entire family are all Macfags. Maybe I can convert my brother by giving him my machine that I'll be replacing soon. If I can get him playing Bannerlord I think he would dump Mac for a custom PC platform moving forward.