>what food have you made
Cringe

>can't even cook food
Pathetic.

> retards want quick bux

electron is the GoAnimate of desktop app development
>lets webtards make stuff w/o learning anything new
>primary focus on making creator's life easier but produces a shitty product

It's horse shit, but then again so is every actual desktop UI library. No wonder something so abhorrently garbage is even allowed to be taken as anything beyond a meme, let alone a viable solution. Shit's in shambles

Attached: Dr5rShCVAAEN3u9.jpg (887x1019, 108K)

>using nodejs as a host for the chromium embedded browser
i wonder why...

javascript + chrome + nodejs + api

it's all about money, businesses adore electron

name another framework that provides a consistent ui across all platforms. you cannot, that's why we have shit like electron, DOM was already good and people can't be bothered to make something new.

Whatever Spotify use. Shame it's proprietary.

Based Asuka poster

can I embed a virtual machine / container inside a electron app?

>companies like apple don't allow browser APIs
>therefore you must make a desktop app to do most things otherwise capable in the browser on windows and linux

It's the same with progressive web apps, they simply don't support mobile APIs like android does so they can make money from using THEIR app store, rather than having a free/open platform.

>yfw google are the good guys in all this, and apple are actually the bad guys.

Electron is actually pretty good , you can have both desktop and web versions deployed with pretty similar code bases. Not to mention try making something that looks as good as what you can do with html and css with qt or gtk+ , you can probably do it but its gonna be one monster of a file.

>running an entire chromium instance for every app just to cause the feel it's not a webapp when it's indeed a webapp
how's this pretty good again? are you retarded?

> muh looks
Fuck quality amirite.

>shit ''food'' == food

Some users want a desktop version when they could just use a browser version(look at discord).
You can still make quality things with electron you will just sacrifice some ram in the process , if you wanted to cut electron out then just when you start your app open chrome and point it to a local host sever.

What if the point of the app is to look good?

Well, desktop UI development is such a pile of shit that there's room for Electron.
Yeah webdev is a shit but creating layouts/UIs with web tech is very easy.

It's Node.js + Chrome.
But that Chrome has no Chrome, so Chrome extensions can't work.
I tried to make my own browser based on Electron and gave up because only a handful extensions could be gotten to working state.

>javascript
>node
>chrome
It's garbage on top of garbage, running garbage.

You already have it with web assembly, I think.

No matter what, now that Microsoft controls it, they will fuck it up.

Using progressive web apps + Electron you can basically create a mobile,desktop and web program all at once. Ain't that great