So while I was gone on holiday my roomate allegedly dropped my laptop (which is older but was well taken care of) and...

So while I was gone on holiday my roomate allegedly dropped my laptop (which is older but was well taken care of) and broke the screen. However the screen seems a little TOO broken to have just been dropped on accident. Mainly my question is, could having dropped my laptop (closed) from no more than 3ft actually damage the screen this much or was it broken dude to excessive force to the back of the screen, like if it was squeezed extremely hard?

Attached: 6098A87D-4C66-474B-A05A-3D3CDC6595C3.jpg (4032x3024, 985K)

Here’s a close up of the origin point

Attached: DA22AB60-AF05-4B0B-B529-3A98922575FD.jpg (4032x3024, 900K)

Who cares charge the nigga original retail price

Attached: 8F0EC7A9-36E0-4127-BE67-5DAD7A490063.png (137x155, 44K)

I care how it happened because if he broke my computer intentionally he’s absolutely going to.

> HP Laptop

Yeah, dude. Those things fucking suck.

>because if he broke my computer intentionally he’s absolutely going to.

Intentionally or not, make him pay for it, pussy.

Ex HP laptop tech here, looks like it's been stepped on or had pressure applied to the middle of the lid to me. Red circle indicates the area pressure was applied, blue lines are the resulting fractures radiating out from that point. Deffo not drop damage unless it had something dropped on it, but then you'd see a point impact with fractures radiating out, not that area within the red that is relatively unscathed.

I call bullshit. Have a close look at the surface of the display, if you see imprints of the keys then you can be certain this has happened.

Attached: 1546573230262.jpg (4032x3024, 1.89M)

Damn son did the nigga break into the other niggas room to just step on his shit?

>nothing on the sides
>middle is bent like some force hit a small area directly
I think he either stepped on it or dropped it on to a brick straight in the middle

This is a better pic of what you think where the pressure has been applied, it’s not really unscathed I think.
My roomate was angry with me and allegedly drunk when this happened too.
What percentage of certainty do you think this was done intentionally?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.59M)

Best way to get the nigga back is to rape him in his sleep OP

Attached: 8FF6B806-645F-4725-A89C-9B445007A7BF.jpg (424x439, 14K)

100%
Niggas get beat and killed for shit like this.

Why was he angry with you? Did you fuck his girlfriend or something for him to have fucked it up that hard??

Almost certain based on your first picture alone, the glass fracture patterns don't lie. Show me the outside of the lid, from as low an angle as possible, focused on the center of the lid like pic related.

Attached: 20190104_145523.jpg (2823x1588, 1.51M)

Thanks for the info man, I appreciate it.

Here’s one from the front

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.51M)

Why the fuck are you getting involved with shit like that?
OP you opened the door for that trying to get pussy

Attached: 2586A320-7F98-486E-9BBA-CB37ABFD23A3.jpg (1200x908, 104K)

Who cares if it's intentional or not? In what world does the person who breaks stuff not pay for the repair/new one? That's just common sense.

One from the side

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 1.54M)

Plastic lid, won't deform or dent, but if there is no impact damage to the corners thats evidence enough that it wasn't dropped. But yeah, that's my assessment, which, has everyone else has said, is moot, go shake a nigger down for a new panel.

He’s offered to pay to replace it, but if he broke my computer intentionally then we’re not gonna be friends anymore because that’s shitty of him.

You started it deleting the post doesn't hide it.

Yeah I didn’t see anywhere where it could have hit along the edges or on the surface. Additionally, this couldn’t have fallen more than 3ft because he claimed he was “one handing it” to put it from a chair onto the counter and dropped it.

If he pays for the new one fair and square I don't see why you have to cut him off permanently. That's just an expensive mistake he made and unless he's very rich he won't make those forever.

That isn’t the point my dude. Regardless of what he thought was happening I don’t deserve to get my shit broken for helping a friend.

No he should just leave
If I was the roommate and he's supposed to be my boy and he pulled that shit it's dead

No you're being a cunt
Nigga got burned and the first thing you do is simp for his ex immediately because you've been unable to hit and you're going for the rebound.
You got no money you got no pussy and you lost a friend.

Attached: D933CC59-7D9C-4BF7-8F80-1EC918111B0B.png (500x375, 285K)

Replace screen, 100-ish bucks for LCD
Not really, I managed to crack screen exactly like that with much glass in middle just by dropping it.

And yeah 3 subway sandwiches is enough to make screen shatter.

He and his ex-broke up 4 months ago and she was finally moving out and I lent a hand since I had a truck. I didn’t deserve this.

The message was clear for her to get the fuck out.
You got involved in another man's shit that was stupid. Seriously get your money and move out because he's going to disrespect rightfully so.

Wait so you really did fuck his girlfriend OP?

No he simped out and moved her shit for free
He tried to fuck and failed

Oh
OP your roommate definitely did it on purpose in that case

what ? someone breaks your stuff unintentionally then you will just swallow it and not do anything?

why would you purposefully decrease the world net happiness? obviously the roommate wanted to destroy the screen more than OP wants to have it not-destroyed, so whatever

If also appears that the computer when connected to a monitor still runs, but now runs super slow and can’t detect the devices.

>could having dropped my laptop (closed) from no more than 3ft actually damage the screen this much
Sure, looks like he dropped it on something else

Top kek. Stop trying to justify your thirst nigger. If she was still living in the apartment then when they "broke up" doesn't fucking matter. She's still been in his life and close to him, and you made a dick move.

Hell, even if they had been no contact for four months, you don't skeeve on your roommate or friends girl without their permission. You're lucky this is the only damage. You're roommate's a better man than you realize.

its time to get the gun and drive this nigga to an atm

That's a badass background!