Small form factor

Was there ever a successor to this case?

>Big 180mm fan above the motherboard.
>Can spin slowly move a lot of air
>Graphics card gets its own compartment essentially

Attached: sg08.jpg (678x452, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/M1mHo
youtu.be/h6hvsqUEtZ4?t=4m22s
us.shuttle.com/products/xpc-cube/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Nope. Does it need one though? It's still available.

I kind of wanted a version with no cd drive slot.
better PSU support

currently it needs a PSU thats
>140mm
>non modular
>atx
>short cables

It can take an sfx psu but not a sfx-l, despite it being 130mm (due to being modular, the plugs stick out)

There's the SG13 but that has poor placement for the PSU, puts it right above the motherboard. Although some people have modded it to have the PSU at the front. The case is primarily made for AIO water cooling

Superior Hades gang reporting in.

Attached: hades.png (1732x720, 686K)

REMINDER

Full size ATX niggas CAN NOT get this kind of cooling. ITX niggas got ATX shaking in their undies.

Attached: 1546543769859.png (1948x1002, 1.99M)

Attached: 1546544734771.png (2000x957, 1.83M)

What, exactly, is stopping me from strapping an NH-D15 on my graphics card and using a riser cable to connect it to my full size ATX motherboard ?

Shut the fuck up bitchnigga

Attached: LL-1.jpg (1280x960, 481K)

You wouldn't get the same airflow retard.

What makes you think that ?

Your case is enclosed and has its own air flow. The pictured configuration has air flowing out/in from the fans, yours would circulate inside the case as hot air.

The pictured configuration doesn't picture a case, who's to say I have a case ?

Sure? If you don't have a case then yeah it's the same.

There you go. Full size ATX can have this kind of cooling.

Oh.

You're one of those people...

I'm just here to prove you wrong sweaty :)

>proprietary solution could potentially be better than a modular solution
Color me shocked
It's really not hard to make a system that can outperform another if you decide to toss full modularity away

Is this the most bang for buck ITX case?

>k39
>30USD

Attached: 8MfqB5b.jpg (3456x4608, 1.53M)

Thats pretty damn good, but it's hard to beat those taobao case in terms of value.

wouldn't a tiny case like this essentially recycle hot air since the intakes are right next to the exhaust?

Looks nice too, but i'm afraid all those 1/2 length GPUs are loud as fuck, since they're blower type.

No, think about the set up. Otherwise every case would suffer from that problem.

>since they're blower type
RETARD ALERT!

I think the noise argument is a little irrelevant with a good cooler and modern components. I have a GPU that switches its fans off in idle mode and use a Noctua CPU cooler and honestly i can turn it on sometimes and forget that it's even powered on.

It does get a bit noisy during gaming but that's to be expected.

In gaming temps are fine, GPU tops out at about 65c, CPU around 57c

Honestly the biggest frustration in ITX cases is the goddamn USB 3.0 connector.

This thing is sexy as fuck, even the old skull trail makes my pee pee wet.

You got proven wrong.

im suprised you didnt mention that the flex psu would be loud

As always the price is the problem, it's amazing that they can put basicly a desktop i5 + 1060 in there, butyou still pay 900 bucks for a barebones i5 + 1060.

Why isn't a small form factor _better_ for cooling given an intake fan and exhaust fan of equal power?

>less open space for air
>air spends less time inside case
>draws inside, picks up heat and gtfo
>fresh air drawn in constantly

Please help a retard understand

The more packed inside the case your equipment is, the more resistance it offers to airflow - this is why they make special high-static-pressure fans for heatsinks. In other words, the same fan will move less air through a packed ITX case than a spacious ATX case, all else equal. To move the same amount of air through the smaller case, you need a more powerful (noisier) fan.

but wouldn't equal intake and output pressure mean the air has to move, no matter what?

What about the Thermaltake V1? It's slightly bigger, no CD drive but a big (220mm iirc) fan in the front with normal sized PSU.

>no CD drive
not even issue

>Big 180mm fan
>fan

haram

Attached: st-fc5od-black-alpha-large.jpg (2720x1077, 133K)

this one looks cool, way too expensive tho

Attached: ghost s1.jpg (630x354, 34K)

It means air has to move but says nothing about how much air or how fast. Imagine if the case were entirely filled with packing foam. There'd be a pressure differential, and air would move through the case... but not at all quickly. The smaller your case, the more of its internal volume is filled and the more twists and turns the air has to take to get through for a given amount of fan power.

A big ATX case is like a six-lane highway running through a city. Few twists and turns or stop-and-turn-arounds, everything keeps moving. A jam-packed ITX case is like three two-lane roads coming in and three two-lane roads coming out, with the traffic having a bunch of turns and stoplights and one-way streets. Even though you have the same capacity to put traffic in and take traffic out, the giant jam in the middle means that everything flows much more slowly.

obviously it gets more complicated because you have short-circuit vents and imbalanced intakes and exhausts and yadda yadda yadda, but you get the idea.

Is it possible to buy it anywhere that ships to EU? Even AliExpress?

any opinions on the SG13?

Attached: sg13b-34right-top.jpg (560x560, 63K)

That first sip

Was participating in the previous thread since I was researching a lot lately to get back into ITX so I was considering something like H200 or Nano S (basically bigger ITX cases).

But then I saw some of the tinier builds in the NCASE, not gonna lie it made me want to go with one of those fuckers instead.
But...I'd have to get a new PSU, downgrade from 140mm to 92mm heatsink but what'd hurt the most is forgetting about OCing my Intel housefire with those cooling capabilities.

Going this route is so not worth it (more expensive, less performance) but I still want to do it because autism.
Help.

Attached: puwr2Su.jpg (2560x1440, 266K)

Just get a 240mm aio. People are always putting 9900k in here and that's pretty much as hot as it gets.

the sg05/06/13 are goat in terms of price/performance. the dan case a1 i will admit is superior but for much more $$.

Same, but fuck Ncase M1 for not selling in Sweden desu

Ncase themselves has compiled a user build gallery (probably 5000+ images) on imgur though

imgur.com/a/M1mHo

I hate AIOs in cramped spaces and their pump noise.
I've decided I'll go with the Noctua, just not sure if U9S or D9L.
Also need to decide between SFX or SFX-L psu.

Yeah they have limited runs it seems because it's a niche product, I see they only do production batches and probably don't hold stock.

I put the raijintek metis to the test with a 180mm psu and 160mm cooler
Worked out ok
Also tried a dark rock pro 4 which is 2.3mm over height but also fits fine with some room to spare
However with most mini itx CPU positions you can't use a rear intake fan

Attached: IMG_3412.jpg (4032x3024, 2.03M)

Also tried with the shadow rock 2 I ended up sticking with but with two fans, it's tight and tilts the cooler a little but with a CPU socket slightly closer to the rear I/O it could be done, with my evga z270 stinger it touches the cooler and psu and it was a bitch to close up

Attached: IMG_3418.jpg (4032x3024, 1.64M)

Is orange the code for 3.1g2?

I'm also confused by this, except that they just aren't capable of pulling in as much air since they're less free-flowing.

Also before I forget, for anyone looking at a metis. You can fit a fuckhuge gpu in there if you don't use a long psu. I used a standard length non modular psu with a gainward GTX 680 phantom while dicking around and was able to get it to fit by removing the front I/o pcb briefly before re attaching it after installing the card.
With a modular psu it would've been even easier.
And that's a pretty big card it takes up every little bit of space left but it fit.

Is there a difference between the mesh front and pic related aside from visuals.

Attached: 71ePa8pUfWL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 174K)

the front cover of that one isn't aerated, so you'll have far less airflow through the front

if you're buiding a weak PC without much need for cooling then pic related is fine. otherwise, you'll need the mesh front one to get as much air in as possible

I want this, looks great and has plenty airflow to not be a fucking baking oven.

Attached: Lazer3D-LZ7-v1-SFF.jpg (975x552, 59K)

I have had this case for a couple of years with the following relevant specs.
>4670k
>rx580 8gb
>antec 520 AIO cooler
>1 x m2, 1 x 2.5" and 1 x 3.5" hdd.

I've never encountered thermal issues or working on the warmer side. The case requires a plan of attack when building but I like it.

are you using an SFX PSU? my main worry is cable management, I'm intending on using a 120mm AIO but I'm worried it's going to be pointless if my PSU and cables are taking up all the space

how do you manage airflow? intake from the front and exhaust using the PSU at the back?

I like this case, it just seems like it should cost less. You might as well get a Dancase or Ncase at that point.

yeah, you can get different panels and what not and it could be a lot less but still like how it looks even more than the ncase or similar others.

Will the Noctua NHL9 x65 fit into this or should i go with the samller NHL9 version

I am using a sfx psu. The 120mm aio acts as a intake. I don't think I would have enough clearance for the rad+fan with the atx psu.

The psu acts as a exhaust and I also have a small 80mm iirc that blows air in. It sits beside the side panel. The case is pretty messy inside with wires but doesn't seem to cause a problem. I would include a picture but have none on my phone.

it should fit depending on how long your PSU is afaik

how are you fitting the side fan in? one side has the GPU obviously, is there mounting for a fan on the other side?

I have an AIO in an SG13 with an ATX PSU.

I have a SFF PSU (corsair sf600). Rarely goes off.

Plat or Gold? Does the fan kick in based on load or ambient temp? I'm seeing a lot of mixed opinions on noise levels.

>grab a loli case
>put loli mobo
>put thicc cpu (like threadripper)
there your ideal compwaifu

I have this case, it is excellent but I wish they would produce a second version with higher quality materials. I had the plastic front version and eventually swapped everything into the mesh version after I broke the motherboard standoffs by putting them under too much stress. My 6700 runs a bit hot but it fits my 980 perfectly. The case is literally the smallest there is which will fit all standard components (with the exception of having to get a low profile CPU cooler.) It takes up about 1/3 of standard hand luggage size. It's great. I have 3 2.5" drives in it, and one 3.5" one. It costs £40. What's not to love. I recommend using an SFX PSU with a bracket if you want actually good airflow from the CPU. Also perhaps remove the motherboard bracket as exhaust.

I've heard about the standoffs breaking, what's actually causing it? screwing the motherboard down, or the weight put on the motherboard?

>Big 180mm fan above the motherboard.
Well yeah, except... that fan won't fit if the graphics card is taller than normal. Like my GTX770 is.

t. owner of never used 180mm fan

I do like the case tho, been my htpc for four years now

Attached: IMG_2905.jpg (1600x1200, 634K)

II ordered this with a couple of top hats two fucking weeks ago, and they still havent shipped it
I'm at the point where im just going to guess the custom cable lengths

>one doesnt have case
>so if i also dont have a case, then ATX case is the same
what kind of fucking mental gymnastics are you trying, retard?

i want to do this more and more
youtu.be/h6hvsqUEtZ4?t=4m22s

Attached: Streacom DA2.jpg (1392x680, 106K)

Are mini ITX builds retard save for people like me?

if you know how to measure shit and read size specs, it shouldnt be an issue.

I think theres info on their twitter

>grille on top of case

That's a recipe for dust.

I'll have to show you a Pic but no it isn't mounted just kinda wedged in there between the mobo and the sfx on the non gpu side. The panels are perforated so it can intake pretty well. I

One of mine broke off. They are just glued on. But you can re-glue them so it is not a massive deal. Still shouldn't happen though.

Disregard post thought you were talking about the case feet standoffs not the MB. Never had any issues with the MB standoffs though.

Drive bay kills it

200mm

Weird, they said they'd be shipping it on jan 2nd

GL mine shipped after 3 emails saying it would ship "soon", took like a month

fucks sake

Small cases trap heat
Big cases are better

Only the fuckhuge ones made by the bigger manufacturers.

Hey guys why does the Silverstone GD07B not have good cpu cooler compatibikity on pcpartpicker?
I want to get a cool looking low profile fan combo for threadripper TR4 chipset.
Is it because there isnt enough room for water coolers in that case or.just because not enough people have uploaded their builds to the site?

Attached: 41qDfqlMVhL.jpg (500x375, 17K)

Silverstone's spec page says CPU cooler is limited to 138mm, and I don't see any place you could fit a radiator in there without modding it. It's an HTPC case, not really designed for high performance builds.

is there anyone selling "nuc sized" cases for ITX like this in EU? preferably not thin/flat as fuck like the new iMac mini because im planning on using a riser for pci-e sata card above the mobo (it's low powered integrated shit)

Attached: ew60.jpg (446x354, 13K)

node 202 here, feels amazing having my pc on my desk without losing real estate

Attached: 1a418231-84e4-415c-8421-5a767c0e27c7.jpg (1000x1000, 272K)

Streacom obsiously, Chieftec and Shuttle come to mind.

What air cooler / GPU are you using? Have you measured noise levels at full load user-kun

I can't quite recall the cpu cooler, sorry. It's an EVGA 1070 "FTW"

SFX PSU != flex atx psu

Attached: Seasonic_SS-350M1U_350W_Flex_ATX_1U_power_supply_PSU_1024x1024.png?v=1495096033.png (800x800, 160K)

Just added a 2080RTX to my DANCase. Runs good.
Just having a hard time finding an upgrade path for my watercooled Chieftec BT-02B-U3. Since it is hyper picky about the size of graphics card to accommodate.

Attached: case with GTX950.jpg (554x640, 60K)

>using a case

What are you some kind of nerd?

Attached: 1379908500317.jpg (500x355, 40K)

Now this is just a shit laptop.

Shuttle XPC is, by far, the best I've seen.
They used to sell barebones systems, but they don't anymore unfortunately.

us.shuttle.com/products/xpc-cube/

Ahem.

Attached: 1379908011541.jpg (600x399, 66K)

fucking louqe
this shit is gunna be sitting on my desk for months

Attached: SFFbuild.jpg (4032x3024, 1.78M)