Why aren't these a thing?

Why aren't these a thing?
>Easy to install
>Reusable
>No need to clean up or replace
>No more shitty arguments on the internet about how to apply thermal paste

Attached: thermal_pads.jpg (1500x1231, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pugetsystems.com/blog/2018/12/03/Graphite-Pads-vs-Thermal-Paste-Which-Is-Better-1292/
youtube.com/watch?v=CAfIglmbwgk
youtube.com/watch?v=vNHthP7Jv7A
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too small

expensive, only a single brand who doesn't seem all that interested in shipping outside USA, they haven't paid enough shills to shill it like thermal grizzly did.

>implying

You have to apply it so it makes an X on your cpu you cant just line it up with the cpu at all

I havent tested this and have no proof but its 100% correct and youre a retard if you just install it the way i dont like

They are a thing. They just don't perform quite as well.

pugetsystems.com/blog/2018/12/03/Graphite-Pads-vs-Thermal-Paste-Which-Is-Better-1292/

Cuz they are worse and crash your cpu

that there just shows that you cant use one pad over and over and over and over

Which is fine, good luck re-using the thermal paste you apply to your heatspreader

What is the point of these? The only thing that thermal paste needs to do is fill the imperfections between the cpu and cooler, this seems to just increase the problem.

shut the fuck up graphite is magic

>Not polishing your cpu

Also might be better for GPUs (if only used once) since obviously a pad can't pump out.

It’s just a tool if you are gonna to do simple task go for the paste, if you need serious over clocking get the best, simple.

because autists cant argue over thermal paste if this becomes mainstream. not sure how this debate has gone for decades when everyone i know does a small dot and thats that

real men use liquid metal on their gpu

How thick is this? Might put too much pressure on the board and CPU.

And that's a problem how? USA is the only country that matters

>>No more shitty arguments on the internet about how to apply thermal paste
because as long as you know that these are the least efficient method, every other one seems sane

i-is there anything wrong with using lm on your gpu?

Look up graphite sheets, cum would do more damage

>murkan education at its finest

And you class pizza as a vegetable

Attached: 1543704342146.png (500x667, 210K)

>Why aren't these a thing?
>Easy to instal
Just like thermal paste
>Reusable
Just like thermal paste
>No need to clean up or replace
Meh, easy to clean anyways
>No more shitty arguments on the internet about how to apply thermal paste
Only retard get into this kind of shitty argument, everyone with an IQ above 50 know how to apply it properly.

I hate thermal pads because replacing them is a bitch. With goop, you just clean it an reapply. With pads you need the right size and thickness, fuck that.

if you fuck up you'll kill your gpu, also it turned out to be a waste of time i noticed only ~1c difference vs normal thermal paste

I'm fine then. Plastidipped the caps and resistors around it. Improvement was something like 5°C for me.
Worth it as it got me what i believe is the highest single rx580 firestrike extreme score without sub zero cooling

>Reusable
You cheap bastard.

>falling for such shitty bait

You faggot.

Attached: 1542122388794.gif (255x480, 2.53M)

If it touch anything aluminium, the aluminium becomes very brittle. Will break with no effort. The same happens to solder. It reacts with copper too, but I'm unsure if the reaction is as severe as with aluminium. For most people, I think using liquid metal is absolutely retarded. A decent application of regular thermal paste is good enough.

lm depends on usecase, for delidding intel cpus i'd call it mandatory, but replacing gpu or laptop paste with lm is borderline retarded

gpu and laptop is probably the best use cases for graphite actually, since there is no possible pumping effect, and it'll basically last forever once in place (but if you remove it, you should probably replace it)

worse thermals, more expensive,
reuse? are you gonna reuse it in 5years on your new system? not a single person would do that

I'm using one on my PC right now. No problems here and it was way easier to install than paste. CPU is an AMD Ryzen 2700X.

It's not worse thermals, puget tested them and they're exactly what they say on the tin 30w/mk - but unlike the marketing said, you can't reuse them, since they get worse with every reuse and cause hotspots after a single use.

For one use, they are effectively just high conductivity thermal pads with a conductivity better than all non-metallic pastes.
Liquid metal is still better, thermal paste is markedly cheaper but also messier.

They're pretty much only useful where the use of metallic pastes is a bad idea - ie. GPUs and laptops.
For a CPU, just use a cheap metallic paste for best performance.

at 35w/mk it's better than current top thermal paste kryonaut at 12.5w/mk but is there any real difference in laptop usecase? I'm not gonna use lm in my laptop as I often carry it around in sub zero ambient and lm is clearly no go in that case.

>30w/mk
is that really true?

Nah, just if you're going to repaste a laptop it's less messy and less prone to error on first application.
I don't think the thermals would really be any better in a laptop situation, it's just a relatively expensive quality of life improvement.

Thermal Grizzly Thermal grease "Conductonaut" Thermal Conductivity: 73 W/mk

I'm aware of that but it's a liquid metal and it does not work in temperatures below 10c so that disqualifies it for me for laptop usage.

comparing W/m/K doesn't mean jack shit without comparing thickness of the applied paste and the pad. My guess is that applied paste can form a much thinner layer than this thermal pad.

>polishing
It's called lapping you massive faggot.
Bet you were posting sarcastically without realizing it's actually a thing.

Truly a lost art.

Because liquid metal is cheap and does a better job.

youtube.com/watch?v=CAfIglmbwgk
just searching random youtuber, and cheap mx-4 it performed better...

>does not think about thermal layer THICKNESS
>probably thinks 100 W/mk with 5inch thichness is better than 0.01mm thickness but 10w/mk

youtube.com/watch?v=vNHthP7Jv7A
another random youtuber and mx-4 performs better

>expensive
It's like $10 on amazon.

Compared to a single application of a decent thermal paste, yes that's expensive.
Thus, relatively expensive.

not to mention shills shilling its better than thermal paste shilling about 35W/mk, while completely ignoring that thermal paste will be like 10 times thinner, meaning even some crappy 5W/mk thermal paste will outperform it, dont even need to talk about kryonaut

I think the greatest advantage of these things is that they don't dry out over time so you don't have to re-apply them. Granted, that only matters for machines you expect to run for a very long time and laptops because they are a pain in the ass to take apart.

I use $4 Deepcool Z5 thermal paste and there's nothing you can do to stop me.

Who the fuck changes their cpu 12 times in real life?
Just buy another pad. For one time uses its much better to apply than paste.

>expensive
>”doesn’t ship to my irrelevant shithole country”
Move to a real country then, like USA.

>furious europoors screaming in the distance

Attached: 0d927abc1ddf494c839730941e170a1b.jpg (184x184, 14K)

So is liquid metal and for the 10 bucks package you can use it on at least 5 chips at once.

>laughs in chinese

that's what she said

>raughs
ftfy

R E N T
F R E E

ocz freeze gives better temps and has no cure time

Thermal paste is almost free so why even bother with anything else.
And it probably is not that reusable.

it's more reusable than thermal paste, as in you can technically reuse it and have it work better than nothing, but it's not ideal
probably OK if you're swapping out cpu's often/temporarily
paste is much cheaper, not many people change cpus often enough to give that much of a shit about spending a minute cleaning surfaces

六四事件

>around 3 times better conductivity than paste
>probably 10 times thicker too though
I'm not convinced. I'd like to see actual tests

how? illegally ?

are you a sjw commie ?

You can do it legally too

by fucking american pusi?

no fanks

Everyone above this post should kill themselves for their abuse of SI prefixes and unit symbols.

They clearly are because you just posted one

FUCK OFF WE'RE FULL

full of shit?

>plastidipped
what did you use exactly?

lapping is a subset of polishing. therefore user is right, and since you didnt know this, makes you the retard

your country is a fucking joke and hasn't mattered for decades.

and fat retards.

Plastidip

Ooooooooooooooh!!

Indeed, fuck off europoor. We don't want globalism here.

cause this lasts like 8 cpu swaps

Attached: 35-186-038-02.jpg (640x480, 13K)

You'd need a fire-hazard to use them.
Fortunately, no one is buying Intel CPUs.

I use these for console repairs. Xbox's came with them - albeit the bubblegum sort. I get 2 applications for $7.

>Why aren't these a thing?
I'm using one right now and none of you can stop me

Idk, why would I need that on AMD?
Maybe the fast changing pace, but even then, paste is 5 fucking Euros.

real men use their semen

That's Japanese, not Chinese

thanks

Because they are worse and more expensive

Applying paste every 4years inst that hard these only make sense for astronauts installing shit or some thing random like that

If these was as good as conductive paste is LM that would make them good as they safer to remove but these pads are only as good as decent (not best) non conductive paste .. Making them pointless

They will be good for things made in factory perhaps but always will be pointless for DIY

Mainly because they're electrically conductive so people can easily fuck up their chips/motherboards and they won't reduce temps much on intel processors anyway. For those you need to delid, replace the IHS TIM with liquid metal, carefully and heavily lap the IHS.

Attached: intel_users_in_a_nutshell.png (500x514, 128K)

jewtel has done away with the toothpaste TIM, and now uses toothpaste solder, and a thicker die.

Somehow they fucked up that too. I'm impressed desu.

Attached: jesus_christ.png (2001x1051, 189K)

they just cant help themselves recently.

They might be useful for VRMs.

OP's sheets arent the same as thermal pads and cant be interchaged you stupid fuck. God damn I hate you "repair" people so fucking much. You're probably mexican/chink too.

You don't need to replace thermal paste, you dumb fuck.

>know how to apply it properly
How?

a zigzag pattern going left to right from bottom to top doing exactly 8 segments

Thanks.

> IC Graphite Thermal Pad
0.0125mm thick
> human sperm cell
0.0051mm thick

You are incorrect

Just cum 3 times.

>electrically conductive so people can easily fuck up their chips/motherboards

How could people possibly fuck up installing this?

If its from the OEM you do. Most use huge globs of bottom of the barrel TIM that dries out after like 1 year. They don't even apply it correctly (a pea sized amount in the center).

Attached: mkEmyls.jpg (507x901, 117K)

A couple MMs off and this thing is guaranteed to short something important. It pretty electrically conductive, maybe more than silver.