Why fuckin linux devs can't do something similar? are they retarded?

why fuckin linux devs can't do something similar? are they retarded?

Attached: tablet-mode-windows10.jpg (400x338, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Tablet_PC
wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/Touchscreen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

test

You want it go code it.

Pull requests welcome. :)

*KDE/GNOME/XFCE devs

Hi, I'm the creator of Linux. Your dissatisfaction has been noted and uitable steps will be taken to help you with it.

Tablets are for faggots

>implying OP isn't one.

here u go bud
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Tablet_PC

Because shit like that doesn't belong in the fucking kernel.

GNOME 3 is basically a tablet UI

>You want it go code it.
All people want it.

I am creative man and i need tablet mode for painting dump faggot.

who fucking wants that garbage

Because GNU/Linux is mostly server (or very niche like science stuff) OS and corporations are not interested in implementing such features into what they/their clients are not using.
If you want linux with such a feature you are free to use android on tablet where corporations are interested in that market and provide it to you.

I don't, for I agree with

ok faggots. i just bought yoga tablet and want to read or paint, but i fuckin cant because devs cant fuckin do absolutaly basic stuf. only what i want is tablet mode. nothing more.

See You got what you pay for.

Explain what tablet mode does and I might be able to give you a suggestion.

Android

It's called gnome, are you retarded?

wiki.gnome.org/Design/OS/Touchscreen

90% of features is not working.

I doubt GNOME can work as a tablet environment. Its clearly designed to be used with keyboard shortcuts.

Tablet mode = gnome

yes

My 2-in-1 Dell Latitude laptop running Debian and Gnome works perfectly fine as a tablet. The only thing that doesn't work is the active pen that came with the laptop.

Yeah it's not flawless, but who the fuck uses their laptop as a tablet anyway.

Attached: 1545591428617.jpg (640x480, 75K)

tablet pc's never took off and died out in the mid 2000's

>has gps on
madman

tablet PCs were a fad in the early 2010s

Tablet mode is so broken that even tablet users don't use it. It just breaks everything.

Whom? WHOM?

>All people want it.
that's a funny way of saying 'nobody'

>Linux can't do features nobody is has ever used

Gnome.

This is attitude is the reason why Linux will never go mainstream.

and thank god, going mainstream would be fucking awful for linux

If you don't need enough to code it neither does anyone else.

Its pretty mainstream on servers and is doing alright.
Its good for consumer as microsoft's monopoly won't do any good to anyone.
Its bad only for degenerates on \g\ who want to feel special by using non-mainstream OS.

Nobody fucking wants it. I never use it and never heard of someone who does aside from you, faggot.

It's called gnome desktop

Attached: 1525490779784.jpg (519x533, 94K)

Win10 tablet mode is an atrocity.

On it, though my time is limited and I still haven't gotten my Surface 3 running.

The rough concept is written up, but I still have no idea which technologies I'll actually work with.

What window manager is easiest to work with for my purposes? It would be nice if touch was already recognized, but without any hardcoding that would prevent, say, long-touch gestures that aren't right-clicks or swipes.
In fact, are there even window managers with touch support that don't assume that a touch gesture has to correspond with an on-screen control? For example, I want to introduce edge-swipes. Swiping from the right for a configurable menu bar, swiping from the left to cycle through open windows, swiping a grabbed window to the bottom to close it, etc.

Ever wondered why no one is concerned about developing a tablet UI or a tablet implementation of anything?

Attached: 5910ec38d9f406a7008b47a5-1136-852.png (1136x852, 106K)

Keep in mind that tablets have longer lifespans than smartphones, less "hot new thing" factor and less in terms of hyped up "innovations".
So naturally they'll stagnate, which is perfectly fine. 30 million a year is a fucking ridiculous number and it will take ages to saturate the market.

If you want a device that actually suffers from low adoption, despite having a very useful niche purpose, it's e-readers. Many people don't even understand their advantages.

/thread

>If you want a device that actually suffers from low adoption, despite having a very useful niche purpose, it's e-readers. Many people don't even understand their advantages.
it suffers from "has thing which can only explained accurately in real life", everyone knows what a screen looks like, right? what makes this so special? exactly. you can say "it looks like paper" all day, but it won't stop people from thinking "so it's like, a grey background or something?"

I guess many people aren't even aware of how uncomfortable backlit displays really are.
The only argument you can give them is "month long battery runtime" but then the slow-ass screen and generally underdeveloped software becomes a counter-argument.

Does it turn my desktop computer into a tablet? Unless it does, that's the most pointless feature I've ever seen in an OS.

One aspect that I would have liked for tablet mode is to work per monitor.
So you could activate it on one monitor, where software will automatically maximize and snap together, while another could be used normally with windows.
Perfect for data readouts and stuff that you'd want on a secondary monitor.