Why use Linux when Windows actually works, and can actually run games

Why use Linux when Windows actually works, and can actually run games.

Attached: win10.png (770x602, 28K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotchan.org/chat/int
news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18527997
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart
github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>deletes your files
nothing personnell, kiddo.

fpbp

Attached: 1531117603729.jpg (405x540, 95K)

The only games that don't run in wine now are ones with draconian kernel level anticheat.

So fuck 'em.
Every single title in 150 of my library runs.

Attached: winblows.jpg (2880x1800, 1.85M)

>type command slightly wrong
>deletes critical os files
heh, tough luck kid

Attached: file.png (1200x1414, 314K)

Stop running commands as root

>critical os files
is that the best you could come up with

>Tells OS to remove all files
>It does

>Tells OS to not remove all files
>It does

Hmmmm

Attached: 1546399816348.png (1920x1080, 1.28M)

woah you mean windows enables kikes to brainwash our kids? yeah, we absolutely should use windows!

why run games when you can watch anime

COPE

>Why use Linux
Because I like it, and I use it at work.

>when Windows actually works
It rarely does, in my experience. It also doesn't do the stuff I need.

>and can actually run games.
Not really relevant to me. The few games I do play are available on Steam anyway.

Because I can buy a cheap ass computer on the internet jam my SSD in it and bang it works.

SEETHING

My games work on Linux.

Because it doesn't actually work

Ok, name around 10 from your library, including some more obscure ones.

I came here to post this.

This literally doesn't happen. Those files are protected by the root account. You have to login as root and intentionally delete files to fuck up a Linux system.

Attached: 1540641387423.jpg (1200x1200, 116K)

I much prefer running Linux on my server, Windows didn't feel appropriate for the task at all.

Why eat almonds when cyanide tastes just like almonds?

kotchan.org/chat/int

>our kids
Stop pretending

>Why use Linux when Windows actually works, and can actually run games.

Fewer to no viruses
Better fine-tuning, the more you learn about linux the better you can fine tune it. That isnt the same with windows. This is because everything in linux uses a text file to configure it and everything has extensive commandline parameters. In windows, since windows 7, the gui is actually a part of the operating system. It is not that the GUI rides on top of the OS, it is fully integrated into it and inseperable from it. That is not the case with linux so you can choose to run linux with any number of GUI's as an option. Even if, in windows 10, you can replace the gui with something like bblean or aston shell, there is always the fact that you must accept that the intrinsic windows interface will still rear its ugly head, you cannot replace the windows interface entirely. In linux that is not the case. In linux everything can be run on the terms that the user wants it to run, Everything can be modified, even the kernel itself. That is not true of windows. So the better you are with computers the more you will graduate toward linux

me again
just to answer your question
>and can actually run games.

I use linux for everything except games
it's no hassle to dual boot. I accept windows is great for games
I resist the temptation to use it for anything else
as I have no need to

>Storing your files in Windows default folders
You deserve it happening

spoken like a nigger

For those of us who have an actual job, Linux is the only option. The alternatives are locked-in fruit and rolling release blue screen :( fest.

>Windows actually works
Install updates... suddenly windows no loger works...

btw Games are for children

because its free
because its faster
because it lets me decide what software i want on my system
because its more secure
because its smaller
because its more flexible
because it gives me more power over my machine
because windows sucks

I tried building docker images on Windows and quickly installed linux at work.

Could you give an example?

Not him but I once fucked up my system by typing
sudo chown -R foo:bar /.
Instead of
sudo chown -R foo:bar ./

>For those of us who have an actual job, Linux is the only option.
Those of us who have jobs get free macbooks. Nice attempt at claiming your 'freelancing' (aka scrolling through upwork) is an 'actual' job.

>because its free
so is Windows
>because its faster
faster than 45,000,000 lines of code written to run EVERYTHING - as opposed to certain something
>because it lets me decide what software i want on my system
so does Windows
open power shell and toss out everything you don't want
>because its more secure
because it's irrelevant
>because its smaller
refer to point 2
>because its more flexible
in your imagination
>because it gives me more power over my machine
ditto
>because windows sucks
it does
and so does Linux
ever heard that quip about democracy?

Attached: 1489368565567.jpg (263x254, 29K)

fucking third thread today. are these just paid shills?

>can actually run games
Who cares?

Jow Forums gets hundreds of thousands of unique visitors every day and is a hub for free software enthusiasts. op just dropped a shitpost and hasn't even responded in his thread, this isn't a discussion thread so the goal is clear

imagine thinking an argument worked that way, to simply state polar opposites

Attached: Nichijou - Vol 12.png (1920x1080, 2.11M)

What if I don't play games?
Checkmate winfag.

Because I have a shit laptop and Windows runs slow and overheats it. Installed Ubuntu which isn't even the most lightweight distro. The difference is noticeable.

but they're not my files, user. they were created under windows os, so technically they're microsoft's files. i was just being allowed to use them

>Games

How is telling people not to run unknown commands as admin, considered coping?
Nigger you are fucking retarded.

news.ycombinator.com/item?id=18527997
Also read the NCSC analysis.

You are literally full of shit that enterprise (w. security level telemetry) auto dials the NSA.

I used to run Windows, but my girlfriend said she would leave me if I do not switch to any Linux because she said that Windows and Macs are for fags. So I switched to Linux. Later that evening I was truly surprised to learn that my girlfriend has a vagina, and I was hoping she had a very large penis. I think I'm ready to dump her one of these days and go back to Windows, because I never asked for a vagina.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-04_22-48-17.png (1920x1080, 268K)

>he doesn't know how to read a STOP screen.

lmao maybe computers aren't for you

>it's no hassle to dual boot.
It's a huge hassle actually

Anyone here know how I can format disk to ReFS on up to date Windows 10 home?

You can't even do that on Pro editions lmao.
That's solely in Education/Enterprise territory.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_editions#Comparison_chart

Forgot about 'Pro for Workstations' can do it as well. Fucking Microsoft has neutered Pro.

>Why do you want to eat good food, Mc Donalds Just work and it have fries.

this is why I'm asking. I try to find some workaround it. But M$ is just act shitty

Personally i find linux (currently on kde neon) very neat, clean, customizable, efficient (just around 400Mb at boot), fully featured and for me it performs much better than windows. If you need an specific piece of software that only works on windows keep using windows for that and it would be more productive to strive for multi-platform technologies than bashing linux on things it depend on third parties, more options for the consumer is better and more when there's basically a monopoly on the desktop right now.

Everyone on this board uses Education edition. We all got it for free due to the simple fact we graduated our CS programs and have an education email associated with an institution.

You can perfectly do this on windows too, and in the case of what happened to windows it was during an update which is something on windows 10 is forced and the legitimate user don't expect it to fail or have an option to say no anymore (thank to microsoft for that).

Actually they opted into using Onedrive.
On top of this, they opted into Onedrive not saving any files on the disk. Using some "on demand" method or whatever the fuck.
However, the update skimped on this process so no copies were saved on either the disk or Onedrive, which resulted in "disappearing files".

because after i learned tiling wm i can't never go back to windows ever again.

it's not even about being a linux fanboy. Also, Linux is faster.

>ignores the content of the post and takes the joke literally.
Your typical WIDF member i guess.

That sounds horrible.

>mfw at this rate and if we actually keep giving free passes to companies like microsoft and shitting on alternatives like linux that actually treat us well this may become true eventually and people will literally not care as long it cames with their computers by default.

Attached: 1545260389512.jpg (1080x1081, 69K)

>Windows can run Linux
Checkmate Freetards

>when everyone says windows is free and you are the one dumbass who doesn't know how to get it for free

Attached: 1390227973339.gif (480x480, 1.02M)

because it makes you agree to a gay tos, and demands an email/phone number to install.

>because it makes you agree to a gay tos, and demands an email/phone number to install.

I lie so the agreement is irrelevant. and I don't provide email or phone #s when installing an OS I don't pay for.

Who the fuck pays for software? That's stupid unless you are IRL subject to audit.

Because I prefer Linux. Like Windows, it actually works, and can actually run games. Unlike Windows, you can actually use it for software development without being licensecucked at every turn by Microshaft. Furthermore on Linux you don't have to worry about botnet or having to pay out the ass to repair a broken install.
>inb4 muh oem license
Not applicable if you have any nonstandard setup, and if you don't have some nonstandard setup, then clearly you are a normie and don't belong on Jow Forums. Furthermore, the way Windows gets away with making sure all PC users have a Windows OEM license is despicable and should have been illegal.
>inb4 muh "you shouldn't worry about being licensecucked"
t. wagie
licensecucked = moneycucked, enjoy not making sufficient bux whilst'd've i sell my original software on my own terms without having to answer to anyone about it
>inb4 muh gpl
wrong, the gpl is only invoked if you include gnu or linux components in your original software, there's nothing wrong with selling it under your own terms if you only *use* gnu software to create your software and don't *embed* gnu software in it
>inb4 muh gayming
every game i like can be run either natively on linux or via wine, i have yet to find a game i like that will only run on windows proper, and i don't think i ever will find a game like that because most of those are soulless triple-A cash-grabs
>inb4 muh instability
windows is actually less stable than linux, you just can't tell because you don't know how to use linux properly, your argument is exactly the same as opening an admin command prompt, typing "rd /q /s C:\Windows\System32" and then complaining "huuuur windows is less stable than mac"

Attached: 1-7589fdccdb7b43f9379cfacd34d74cc5-Microshaft Winblows 98 - Splash.png (640x480, 142K)

Just buy it off ebay for like 7 bucks

to all those WEENIES who keep trying to download my operative system for free

Attached: Bill_Gates_Letter_to_Hobbyists.jpg (1200x1553, 450K)

>it actually works, and can actually run games.
wait you talking about Linux?

Because this exists github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton

>ValveSoftware

Attached: heh.png (2550x1650, 473K)

Why use either when NetBSD exists?

Attached: debate.webm (1280x720, 2.85M)

>DEL C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32
>Deletes critical OS files

heh, tough luck kid

I once accidentally deleted Python for Ubuntu. And Ubuntu runs on Python...

Why play video games when you can be a functioning adult?

*replaces motherboard*
"nice try you dirty pirate, license revoked"

With Linux I feel special. This feeling rubs me just in the right way. I can think to myself that I am escaping botnet, like a hacker. I'm a freethinker.

Incorrect

This

I've been using Linux exclusively since 2009. Latest laptop bought in 2015. Will get a new one maybe in 2020-'21. I won't bother with Linux anymore.

No way it just deleted the files, unless you did -f as well. I have never deleted a file as root without it asking me if I'm absolutely certain.

this

That's not free.

Attached: 1539994667698.jpg (306x306, 23K)

Fml. Jow Forums will turn as bad as Jow Forums.

But you can't use controller on some of them, like 'cuphead'.

Attached: cupthread.jpg (720x687, 32K)

that's like asking why cook your own food when you can pay for fast food

Anything other than windows for work groups is superfluous

Attached: win311.png (640x480, 11K)

Who she?

T. Brainlet