I can't understand why someone would buy something that cannot be repaired. Phones with soldered batteries...

I can't understand why someone would buy something that cannot be repaired. Phones with soldered batteries, computers that can't be opened without literally breaking them... What the fuck is this shit???

People are buying $1000 phones, even in poor countries, and throw them to the garbage after a year and a half when the battery dies. How long will the Earth last at this rate?

Attached: expensiveturd.jpg (1024x768, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2Bu-gl7v-P8?t=28
youtube.com/watch?v=_WUsVWzikWM
shop.fairphone.com/en/
bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/workers-at-apple-supplier-catcher-describe-harsh-conditions
cultofmac.com/427949/a-rare-and-horrifying-look-at-living-conditions-in-an-iphone-factory/
appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/16/china-labor-watch-again-cites-apple-for-poor-chinese-factory-working-conditions
telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/07/suicide-chinese-iphone-factory-reignites-concern-working-conditions/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Not much longer probably about 200 years maximum

Personally I hate this, but consumer is always right.

>I can't understand why someone would buy something that cannot be repaired.
It's sometimes cheaper and easier to replace the whole device than to repair it. I don't plan to ever repair my 180€ chinkphone. I'm just going to buy a new one if it breaks.
>Phones with soldered batteries, computers that can't be opened without literally breaking them... What the fuck is this shit???
If it's not expensive nobody gives a shit. If it is the people buying it are retarded.
>People are buying $1000 phones, even in poor countries, and throw them to the garbage after a year and a half when the battery dies.
Stupid and poor. Matches perfectly desuu.
>How long will the Earth last at this rate?
Are you referring to the amount of useable resources or are you talking about when it will become uninhabitable?

>useable resources or are you talking about when it will become uninhabitable?
How much, theoretically, recyclable are phones and other electronic devices?
Because practically they are dumped in shithole countries. Perhaps recycling is not worth investments?

Which phones have soldered batteries?

I give it 25 years tops.

Attached: 1495386599585.png (1920x1080, 2.88M)

>People are buying $1000 phones, even in poor countries, and throw them to the garbage after a year and a half when the battery dies.
Non-nigger countries run billion programs to make people return their used consumer electornics and get new ones with discount.
Earth doesn't give a fuck about your iphone.

>Non-nigger countries run billion programs to make people return their used consumer electornics and get new ones with discount.
And you think this works? LMFAO. Two thirds of the plastics you buy at a supermarket are non-recyclable. If you think people returning their old phones makes a difference, you are retarded. The only thing they are doing with this is minimize the damage a bit.

>Two thirds of the plastics you buy at a supermarket are non-recyclable
well, luckily, non-nigger countries are also cracking down on non-recyclable plastics now

>well, luckily, non-nigger countries are also cracking down on non-recyclable plastics now
Yes, making people stop using plastic bags when each citizen buys 10000000000 tons of plastic each year will make *such* a difference lfmao.

are you brain damaged?

nothing you said happens

heaps of people still have old iphones, co worker has an iphone 6

No batteries are soldered, and all are replaceable. Apple has pull tab adhesive since iphone 5 or some shit so u just pull a tab and then the battery is out.

Stop being an uninformed dickhead. I have heaps of phone repair places in the shopping centres here, do shit on the spot

People can say they will buy thicker shit with removable batteries but guess what you won't. They had them before and know the sales data.

Like dumb cunts complaining about thin laptops, you know PORTABLE machines

>If you think people returning their old phones makes a difference, you are retarded.

>buying phones is a big issue!! the planet will not survive!
>lol who cares if they're returned and recycled, makes no impact!

youtu.be/2Bu-gl7v-P8?t=28

>I can't understand why someone would buy something that cannot be repaired.
Because they stopped selling a lot of repairable stuff because it was better for their bottom line not to.

It's even worse when they pretend it's repairable. I had a Sony nw-a45 with a screen that started acting funky. Sent it in to be repaired under warranty. Got it back scratched up with a crack in the case because the damn thing wasn't actually designed to be taken apart.

youtube.com/watch?v=_WUsVWzikWM

>buying phones is a big issue!! the planet will not survive!
>lol who cares if they're returned and recycled, makes no impact!

What the fuck does this mean? Is this supposed to be a contradiction? People are buying too much shit, their lifestyles are not sustainable, that's the point. Even if they return their phones, it doesn't make any difference. The only thing that can solve this is NOT BUYING MORE SHIT THEY DON'T NEED

>buys motherboard
>dies
>no one repairs
>not economical
>throw in bin
>upgrade parts because new cpu socket

0 threads on that

You can replace everything in the phone, the only full replacement is the logic board because some guy can't do it without robots/expensive machinery which they can't recoup from phone repairs

Besides the logic board, everything is a component usually, camera, speakers, charging port. Worst case some are bundled like speaker/headphone/usb port

you said people are buying too many phones and it's so bad for the planet

but returning the phones apparently makes 0 difference because you don't know what recycling is. Everything will be broken down, only part probably binned is the logic board.

>trying to act like you give 2 fucks about the environment just to cry about expensive devices you can't afford

It's not so hard to understand. It doesn't make any difference because recycling is like putting a band-aid in the neck of a decapitated guy.

Even if they are recyclable, the majority of things will NOT be recycled because the profit one would make from it is not high enough to make companies bother. Even if they ARE recicled, people spend more energy and resources recycling them, something we wouldn't need to do if they just KEPT THEIR TWO-YEAR OLD PHONE

Yet most people do. Suck it.

>something we wouldn't need to do if they just KEPT THEIR TWO-YEAR OLD PHONE
You think someone buys a $1000+ phone, uses it for a year then gives it away to be recycled for free?

these are all the old or dead phones and trade in shit.

So might as well stop aluminium can recycling right? Just a bandaid

You might be interested in Fairphone.
shop.fairphone.com/en/

It's not perfect by any means, but at least somebody is trying.

>no dimensions listed
>2 tone to high thickness
>can't buy logic board
>87 euros for a 1080p screen

Soldered components provide better performance, cost, and battery life.

Part of the reason Thinkpads for so long were such amazing battery monsters compared to their competition.

Attached: 1541949729155.jpg (651x956, 366K)

I'm all for soldered shit, less room on the board hence more battery life. When 30-50% of a laptop interior is just battery it's a good experience. No more 1.5-3 hour battery on older laptops. Everything is thinner and lighter now

>87 euros for a 1080p screen
Yes, things cost more when you factor in the societal costs.

let them, the lack of drive to buy good systems means those system manufacturers sell for less to compete with the recognition of memetech brands, making my devices of choice cost less while techtards spend fortunes on memetech

Attached: MEMETECH.png (1280x720, 1.33M)

>Apple has been designated the "clear leader" in its methods of supporting a conflict-free minerals trade throughout its supply chain. The title was awarded to the company in a report published by the Enough Project, called the 2017 Conflict Minerals Company Rankings, in which Apple sits at the #1 spot. Rounding out the top 5 spots are Alphabet/Google at #2, HP at #3, Microsoft at #4, and Intel at #5.

Oh wait i'm sure this is all fake lol right, africans duped those big companies but those randoms making a phone with a 2 year old OS is getting 100% conflict free

>performance
Wrong
>cost
True
>battery life
Typically wrong

You are retarded. Market trends, such as these, will negatively affect your tech.

>re battery
retard, having removable parts introduces more circuitry and points of contact, rather than a continuous circuit.

If you do not think that will not have additional power requirements, then you should quit your job at bestbuy.

Attached: 1540436751111.png (1280x720, 669K)

bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-01-16/workers-at-apple-supplier-catcher-describe-harsh-conditions
cultofmac.com/427949/a-rare-and-horrifying-look-at-living-conditions-in-an-iphone-factory/
appleinsider.com/articles/18/01/16/china-labor-watch-again-cites-apple-for-poor-chinese-factory-working-conditions
telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/01/07/suicide-chinese-iphone-factory-reignites-concern-working-conditions/

we live in a consumerist world user
it's more convenient to go and buy a new phone than fix a broken one

my niggah

$500 shitty ideapad 3xx master race! Everything is replaceable dirt cheap.

Fuck Thinkpad huge faggots

So what? They want these jobs and there is a few miles long queue to get one. There is no commie style forced labor anymore.

>don't worry about this child labour, at least the minerals are conflict-free
>and it's not like we force those children to work, they do it for money on their own volition!

OP the real issue with phones is the operating system and how long you can get updates.

Android only puts out updates for like 3 years. So what are you going to even theoretically do with a say 6 year old phone that is connected to the internet with 0 updates for years on end? It would be like running windows XP today on your main computer

Weird because my two year old oppo is working just fine
I'd never touch apple crap though and every 3+ years tech leapfrogs so I don't mind the upgrade to a bigger better phone

>I don't plan to ever repair my 180€ chinkphone. I'm just going to buy a new one if it breaks.
The issue is that most cheaper phones do have replaceable batteries, but the higher end phones dont

you must be a dullard, I literally rake in the cash daily doing just what you are complaining about for normies, apple announcing the battery thing with their phones was one of the largest boons of the industry in years...

not a lot, but some cheap tablets and phones do

That's not relevant actually, you should ask how long will the lithium last, which is hopefully not long because we need better alternatives to this garbage.

I bet you can't give a single example where that has been found to be an issue.

>I bet you can't give a single example where that has been found to be an issue.
mmm how about using any android phone made before 2014

I'm not following. Can apps not be installed if they don't have one of the latest security patches or is there some exploit that was big in 2014?

nah, go be poor somewhere else

rude cunt

>I'm not following. Can apps not be installed if they don't have one of the latest security patches or is there some exploit that was big in 2014?
you will be running an phone that is not secure in any way user

yes but still haven't shown me any example of this being an issue? as I said in

Best I can do is 15

>buy something that cannot be repaired
>Phones with soldered batteries
Imagine going on about how you want to repair your shit, but not even owning a soldering iron.

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 45K)

This

Repair things is not a common mindset nowadays, people want unfixable stuff so they have an excuse to change stuff every year and get the new trendy trinked.
An iShit that makes macaroni is not enough, they want one that also jerk them off so they can use circlejerk sperm as sauce.

Attached: npc-soy.gif (414x255, 51K)

>yes but still haven't shown me any example of this being an issue?
derp

I have to physically show you an operating system not getting updates and being vulnerable or new programs and features simply not working

yeahok