I work in healthcare and I need a device to read PDFs and make annotations on those PDFs

I work in healthcare and I need a device to read PDFs and make annotations on those PDFs.
So far my options are:
>Onyx Boox Note -> 800 euros
>Ipad Pro 11 -> 850 euros

Is there any point in getting the ereader? The ipad is superior in every way.

Which one would you get?

Attached: 14421415121.png (945x489, 434K)

Other urls found in this thread:

liliputing.com/2019/01/the-first-asus-chrome-os-tablet-is-a-durable-model-aimed-at-young-children.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

E-readers have superior battery life. But yeah, their prices are too damn high.

Would a note 9 be too small?

Get ipad

I wouldn't get e-ink for anything remotely interactive. I really like my e-ink reader, it's great for reading books and comics but the slowness of the screen makes it painful to do anything else with it.

too small

They ask 800 euros for that piece of shit? It's a rip off.

It's basically a kindle with a larger screen, how the fuck can they charge as much money as for an Ipad? Fuck them

sony paper

it's still 700 euros. Why would any sane person pay that much?

>lagPad

Attached: 1544393006766.webm (640x360, 1.1M)

that's a 2017 ipad, lag on the 2018 ipad is practically non-existent.
Have you ever tried it or just trolling?

that's a 2018 ipad, lag on the 2017 ipad is even worse
Poo in the fucking loo street shitter.

Attached: 1544444165644.jpg (643x960, 256K)

I'd get an ereader. 10" should be bearable for PDFs but I'd go for something larger. Mine's a Boox Max 2 and it's great but I'd recommend getting a Sony DPT now that they can be rooted

0/10

you mad the callcenter salary is not enough to buy an iPad punjabi?

Attached: 1350112050133.png (400x400, 84K)

Galaxy Tab S3 or S4
The issue with the ipads is that getting stuff in and out of the walled garden is exceedingly difficult, plus the infinite contrast of the samshit tablets helps readability a lot espewin low or intense light
I work in construction and need to work with pdfs and various electronic paper stuff too, the ability to simply bluetooth or wifi direct anything I want to any device shits all over applel crap.

the ipad is backlit.

Are books backlit? no they are not. I can read a novel on my kindle I would not want to on a backlit LCD.

*especially in

yes goyinm

Why are you annotating PDFs? For review purposes?

Would an OLED tablet like tab s4/alldocube x work?
you get the black of e-ink but faster refresh than e-ink

If the place you work for isn't providing this for you you should really just keep printing stuff off until they get sick of it and issue them (although you'll have to take whatever they give you). Besides, I don't know if they'll let you buy your own because then you might take medical records home on it, violating confidentiality.

hi
boox max carta
/thread

Attached: Reaction image.png (1920x1077, 3.84M)

Notes on pacients and stuff like that

well medical books are expensive as shit and are 500-600 pages each so printing is not a good idea

>$600 for a black and white non illuminated screen

Attached: 1298806565584.png (241x230, 52K)

ah I see, someone who doesn't own one

I can see trying to get an e-reader for those, but I would still prefer to buy the book instead of a license to the text on principle. I don't know how prevalent this behavior is, but licenses can be revoked for any reason or no reason, then the ebooks can be deleted, or some of the contents replaced without your knowledge of what was changed. Perhaps I would make an exception if they roll out a new edition every six months, and you need to always be on the current edition in order to be properly certified or whatever, but I'd still say that is probably some cronyist bullshit to keep you constantly bleeding small amounts of money from using ebooks.
Try to get your employer to pay for the books, especially ebooks, since they might be able to work out some deal where they can get one license and let everyone in the facility read the ebook.

Also a physical copy of the book lets you look something up when there's no power for long periods of time (in say an emergency where you might really be needed). It also makes you look more authoritative if you see patients in your office.

The patients notes are exactly the kind of thing they you're probably not allowed to take home, and if IT doesn't know how to stop you from doing that on your specific device, they might not let you use it. But if you've already got permission then whatever.

>License
Piracy my man.

I need a drawing tablet, Jow Forums. I'm looking at a $300 Huion Kamvas pro 13 as the budget alternative, but I've had the new Ipad pro heavily recommended for art. I can probably afford it, but is the $700-800 pad plus $130 pen worth the hype?

I deeply dislike apple products as is, but it certainly looks like a good on-the-go alternative to a 2-3K chintiche.

Attached: 1479350591711.jpg (177x181, 23K)

ipad all the way

Jesus fuck op. Just find a cheap under 100 euro tablet and buy that. You're just reading fucking pdfs and writing on them a little.

Attached: 1545655942814.jpg (450x450, 28K)

I'm looking at this post from a huion kamvas
why not get a huion kamvas

If you can wait asus just anounced a 10" chromeos tablet with a pencil. You can even use android and linux stuff with the latest version

liliputing.com/2019/01/the-first-asus-chrome-os-tablet-is-a-durable-model-aimed-at-young-children.html

The clowns at marketing may have hit the nail by pure luck with the combination of features + lighty rugged, even though no fucking one is going to buy it for kids.

You don't need an iPad Pro for that, just get the low-end one, it still works with the pencil.

dont ereaders have an insanely slow refresh? basically panning and zooming around a pdf would be annoying as fuck

Speaking of iPads. I bought a 12.9 3rd generation and I hate the key locations on the keyboard. Any way to change it to like it was on the old, smaller iPads?

I meant e-ink readers
so, what e-ink has the fastest refresh? I want to be able to scrool, pan, and zoom service manuals.

pretty sure an LCD based tablet is going to be the way to go, but Im not going to stoop to the level of homosex that OP has by considering an apple product

If you mean car service manuals there are actually tablets that are specifically designed for mechanics that will let you interface with the car's electronics in far more depth than, say, torque, because it comes preloaded with all the propriety information needed to do this with with specific vehicles. They can also display the service manuals. Which you probably don't want an e-ink display for because they can have color images in them.

just get ipad 6th gen. 9.7" this little machine outperforms other androids and tablets.

it's the best option you have out there right now, and you save big bucks with it.

Attached: e4nh4bs4gp221.jpg (700x700, 130K)

also, ipad pros bend.

don't get them.

no not cars. electronics

The non pro iPad supports the pencil. I want one for school, but I can't justify replacing my 1yo ipad since it's not broken.

only get the apple pencil if you're the artist or designer

you can get stylus for $15 or less and you don't need to charge it everytime you use it for annotations and notes on pdfs and epubs

apple pencils are $100 or more.

>you can get stylus for $15 or less
you might as well not buy one if you're planning on writing with it because they're beyond garbage.

>beyond garbage

How?

Better than spending $100. Better than having to use your finger on it.

why...not...just...print..them...

This, just buy a fucking $100 Teclast from gearbest.

Attached: 1545066059648.png (715x535, 286K)

As someone who deals with a lot of tablet reading I would just recomend the very high end devices. Any other screens are just shit.

You can get them with 2560 x 1600 IPS screens.

iPad. There're way better apps on iOS for this sort of work.

>lagPad
>shits the bed after 6 months
>just spend another $600 lmao
>t. applel

Poo in the fucking loo street shitter.

>Which one would you get?
I would get neither since the iPad is a fragile, laggy, bendy, explosive piece of shit, and the ereader is monochrome.

Attached: 1545534100493.png (1232x1392, 937K)

you shills are so fucking retarded, at least get any of your figures right if you're going to do it. The iPad user was referring to is generally $250 - $300 new, and no one needs a new iPad after 6 months for any reason.