Pronouncing /etc/ as etsy

>pronouncing /etc/ as etsy

Attached: 1531745121287.png (645x773, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciencia_en_al-%C3%81ndalus
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow
youtube.com/watch?v=rg_Dl6BP9Ys
bell-labs.com/usr/dmr/www/notes.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

mysquell

Attached: 1544881571224.jpg (453x800, 30K)

et cetera

e tee see

>he uses free software

proof #3549 that spanish is objectivelly better than english as a language

moors used to be very based tho
if it wasnt for religious fanatism i bet they would be some of the most advanced civilizations on earth right now.
translate.google.com/translate?sl=es&tl=en&u=https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciencia_en_al-%C3%81ndalus

Nobody fucking does this

Well, maybe if they didn't get cucked by the Moors for several centuries, we would all be speaking Spanish on this Taiwanese fly fishing forum.

I have never heard anyone pronounce it like that, must be mouthbreathers.

There's no better way to pronounce it.
Etsy, two vowels, two syllables. Short and vocal.

eksedera

It's pronounced /et ˈkeː.te.ra/

/thread

this
learn basic latin anglofags
>being THIS monolingual
4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_Jow Forums_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

>latin
It's an english word. You open and english dictionary and see it there. It's used in a sentence in english. Nobody cares about obscure latin words.

eat-sy ;)

Attached: 046_1000.jpg (888x1280, 155K)

>pronouncing /etc with sneezing sounds

Attached: 1497817898786.png (500x350, 134K)

I don't think you realize how many foreign words are routinely pronounced wrong in English. Pronouncing it like that makes you look like a try-hard.

I've always pronounced it etic

its an english word of latin origin
just like many other english words of foreign origin
>Coup de etat
>de facto
>Cul de sac
>lieutenant
english is possibly the muttest language desu
its interesting to study the origin of loan words and put the english speaker arrogance aside sometimes

>latin origin
Who cares.
>coop the 'tat
>the fact-o
>cult-a-sack
>loo-tenant
That's how americans pronounce it.

Maybe regular Spanish, but not that garble they speak in the Americas. Same goes for Portuguese.

>>loo-tenant

Attached: 1544368061961.png (620x916, 256K)

>left-tennant
Die.

is cetera with K or Ts?

Attached: 1521637627052.jpg (720x724, 33K)

>Sequel
>MySequel
>Jiff

>jiff
Yuck

I'm not a native english speaker so I don't give a shit desu

Which is it? Lib as in library or lib as in liberal?

with c you fucking weirdo

Attached: 1526591146560.jpg (628x534, 75K)

It's pronounced as "Etsssss"

In classical latin it's k in (((church latin))) it's ch because they have an italian accent

>pronouncing /etc/ as etsy

Attached: 1546679340183.jpg (1600x900, 66K)

Always read it as ye-te-tse.

this

>he doesn't use proprietary unix

>y ty sy

>sequel

Attached: 765.jpg (300x376, 54K)

this is how I pronounce it, picked it up from my boss.
He's now at a senior research position at Microsoft.

Kys

Guys etc is not etcetera it's a misnomer. I think E. T. C. Is the right way to say it.

>squell

Attached: 1546092141607.jpg (1024x576, 52K)

>pronouncing /usr/ as user

Attached: nuwoj.jpg (200x200, 7K)

damn, since its 4channel it sure is full with redditors

>A M D
>not am'd

>nvidia
>not n dot v dot i dot d dot i dot a dot

>le obvious poltard post

Latin America's contributions to Spanish language culture has been tremendous and easily on pair to those of Spain. It's no coincidence Spanish is THE best language to learn for literature.

Attached: obituario02.jpg (308x472, 37K)

lol how are you, mutt?

Stupid 53%'er

Based and anglopilled

We, spanish speakers from america(not from USA of course), think the same about USA english.
So, no offence at all.
Also, not our fault, or yours.

I'm Sw*dish, not American.

So?

You're acting like I'm a yankee, which isn't true.

>ess que ell

Attached: 175.jpg (465x465, 21K)

And how do you know how i am acting if im just typing?
Im being very polite. Or at least trying to.

>exettera
>annartica
>spitting image

Attached: 1508869004739.jpg (819x895, 133K)

this is how white people look at you when you cross paths with them on the street

approximately forever ago it actually was short for user, and contained user data

>pronouncing cache as cake

=)

What board is that?

>not whispering nvidia every time you say it, regardless of situation
youtube.com/watch?v=rg_Dl6BP9Ys

if I remember correctly the reason that we got the mess with /bin, /sbin, /lib, /usr/bin, /usr/sbin, /usr/lib, and all the other retardation that goes on in the FHS was because when they were building the first versions of Unix they had to add more hard drives because the OS wouldn't fit on only one of them, and so they started making directories in other places to steal spare space.

I think /home was an attempt at "it's fucked mate, lets start over" years later.

Nope. It's always been Unix System Resources. User stuff goes in /home/, and pretty sure that's always been the case.

You brought up American English for no reason.

in linux, sure, but not in early unix
>" In particular, in our own version of the system, there is a directory "/usr" which contains all user's directories, and which is stored on a relatively large, but slow moving head disk, while the othe files are on the fast but small fixed-head disk. "
bell-labs.com/usr/dmr/www/notes.html

it hasn't been used like that for the vast, vast, majority of the time, and not for several decades, and never in linux, making it a pretty insignificant footnote, but the fact is, that "usr" was originally short for "user"

thanks for this wojak op, I love it

>nyiks

I learned something here today.

>actually thinking european portuguese is better than brazilian portuguese
of course the faggot likes the dialect that sounds like its speakers have a dick in their mouths

Attached: postgresql.jpg (1900x1068, 314K)

>yfw it has always been pronounced etsy.
When did Jow Forums get so many rebellious brainlets?

Attached: DDA56831-73E7-41E3-8F0E-F654B761C3EC.png (760x806, 820K)

-- also, to add to the insignificance of it all
a. nobody splits critical and non-critical programs between / and /usr anymore, since disks/partitions are more than big enough todays to handle it all
b. many modern distros now just symlink everything into or out of /usr, making it nothing but a compatibility directory

huefags out.

shit was so cache

>jee-pee-gee

You have 30 seconds to explain the difference between /, /usr/, and /usr/local in a way an Apple user would understand

The main distro that doesn't is Debian. They want to, and some progress has been made towards it, but it hasn't happened because they're unwilling to have a flag day over it.

no, we don't. leave and do your own research, dumb iToddler

Attached: 1528760856116.jpg (645x729, 57K)

>nividia

>jee-pee-gee
> You have 30 seconds to explain the difference between /, /usr/, and /usr/local in a way an Apple user would understand
/ is for things that you cannot throw away, or your OS will probably stop functioning. It's like giving head to your father in law; you just can't avoid it.
/usr is for things that came with operating system when you chose it, but you may remove them. Like, sure you fuck with other men, but potentially you can stop being a faggot.
/usr/local is for things that don't come with your OS, but you took liberty to put them there yourself. These things are not shared among other users of particular OS. It's like your habit of drinking own piss when you fap.

>spoonfeding iToddlers

Attached: 1527584022809.jpg (600x418, 27K)

i've never heard of it being pronounced as etsy

More like cum feeding. It's a mutually pleasuring process.

they still do? well, from debian i'm not really surprised
even then, how many people actually have a dedicated /usr volume or subvolume these days?

>no reason
We are talking about languages and those shitty variants, i think that is enough.

I don't think so.

English as a whole is shit if were being honest

Get a job

Eee tee sea

why is there a model number visible on his monitor? is this neo-absurdism?

You can always say "the list goes on" instead.

EKT

>Not learning latin

Plebs

Attached: 1469406816866.jpg (323x480, 15K)

cute girl who is she

>speaking shitskin
>ever
lmao

>using Google as a verb instead of just saying "look it up on a search engine, fucker"

>Not using OS/2

As an illegal Mexican, I pronounce it E.T. Si.

What? For all of those but loo-tenant, no it's not. Americans pronounce them the French way, mostly. That's why it's a "coo" and not a "coop"