Rust technical discussion

WARNING: NO NEETs OR RETARDS ALLOWED

This is a serious and technical discussion/debate about Rust itself, please don't even bother if you're low IQ, NEET, webshit, etc...

Attached: dims?quality=85&image_uri=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.blogcdn.com%2Fwww.engadget.com%2Fmedia%2F2013%2F04%2F (500x391, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/31/679832549/when-too-cute-is-too-much-the-brain-can-get-aggressive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_political_orientation
github.com/carp-lang/carp,
shenlanguage.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP is using reverse psychology to start an anime thread.

Attached: 1524917321798.png (2482x1875, 1.26M)

your thread is sucks
I GO TO BED

rust is shit faggot

I fucking hate I need nightly for the VS plugin. The syntax looks like shit, it's worse than Scala in that regard, which says a lot.
I like the performance part, high order functions, and that it compiles to native.
I hate the whole CoC, limp-dicked community. I don't care about the US president, nor should Rust if it wants to replace C.

I said no NEETs
I said no retards
I said no webshits

and that's exactly what I got

Attached: 43267731_302045920393896_8299527998869078016_n.jpg (698x681, 74K)

/thread

What did you expect?

Attached: 1534259347006.png (2000x1410, 1.49M)

>make post on weeb website
>NO WEEBS allowed
>weebs show up

Attached: bugs.jpg (248x459, 18K)

>Jow Forums - anime

>WARNING: NO NEETs OR RETARDS ALLOWED
these threads are pointless. even if you were to take a poll of professional programmers who have tried Rust, maybe read a couple of books on it, that is not enough to evaluate the language. Rust is a difficult language to learn and use. It takes a large investment in time to learn its idioms and best practices. these Rust threads get posted every day and I have never once seen ANYONE give legitimate examples of how they use Rust

>Jow Forums - guro

Everybody knows it's Jow Forums - techloli/g/y

Attached: 1530915429000.png (1080x1080, 2.3M)

cute akari

How well suited is Rust for functional programming? I'm learning rust atm and planning on reading SICP after I finish the Rust book.

Obviously I'll be learning scheme, but I really like Rust syntax and would like to fuse the language with the paradigm.

I don't know how much you mean with FP but it you mean chaining, pattern matching, composition over inheritance then yes

A Wojakposter has no business complaining about weebs. Really, he has no business complaining about literally anything. He is the lowest of the low, a pathetic whining creature born in the depths of Jow Forums, a victim of with a German psychological weapon sampled from the mind of a Polish schizoid. He derives perverse pleasure from looking at and spreading images of swollen heads with gigantic brains pushing out of them, at deformed retards and out of touch middle-aged men. He is obsessed with 3D and lacks any appreciation for what is aesthetically pleasing in 2D. (If he had it, he wouldn't be posting Wojak.) He is the bottom feeder in the muddy waters of Jow Forums, Jow Forums, Jow Forums and /v/. The most disgusting thing about him is that he has been conditioned to identify with his infection, to "feel" with it. He is like a man in love with his tapeworms, of which he has many. He doesn't give half an ass about technology or Rust, except as an opportunity to bloviate about meta shit and social status (mostly to prove that there is someone worse than he, honest!). Don't let Wojakposters on your board or they'll turn it into the only thing they truly know: whining. Sadly, for Jow Forums it is too late.

As a brainlet coming from C, that «glorified compiler induced automated copy-pasting» (aka polymorphism) you Rust niggers call Trait is giving me headache. So many rules…

Learning Rust was a walk in the park until I reached that shit. The only kind of polymorphim I like is called CTRL+C / CTRL+V. Code duplication is proper practice, fuck the code police.

you forgot algerian berber dating a type.

People who don't like cute things like anime tend to have underdeveloped amygdala glands in their brains, which results in cute aggression where they get violent urges when viewing anime or seeing anime memes. They much prefer surrounding themselves with mundane or ugly things. As it turns out, those with underdeveloped amygdala also tend towards left-oriented politics, and so this is why sjws tend to not like anime as a result.

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2018/12/31/679832549/when-too-cute-is-too-much-the-brain-can-get-aggressive
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biology_and_political_orientation

This is why Rust will never be a mainstream language.

Attached: 1545312885719.jpg (758x1024, 84K)

Sadly, enough SJWs like anime for it to be annoying, and cute aggression explains a good chunk of Marisa fan art.

Well, a friend of mine made a library that can be used to mimic AutoHotkey or something similar.

>realizes bug in code
>bug is Ctrl+V'd 20 times

Anime thread?
Anime thread.

Attached: IMG_6053.jpg (600x600, 222K)

>People who don't like cute things like anime tend to have underdeveloped amygdala glands in their brains
This explains so much, this is why rust fags are such intolerable shits

lol yes generics

impl Point {
fn mixup(self, other: Point) -> Point {
Point {
x: self.x,
y: other.y,
}
}
}

Yep. Those with small/damaged/dysfunctional amygdala are typically attracted to protesting and shit-flinging as a means to get what they want. When you take a step back, you realize Rust as a language is merely a tool for these brain-damaged monsters to organize and protest against the rest of the software and comp-sci world. Their proselytization of the language and "rewrite it in Rust" demands in turn effectively creates a barrier by which normal to large amygdala people won't traverse, they'd rather much stay outside of the so called Rust community. The same effect happens when projects adopt CoCs. Instead of being inclusive like they pretend, they are in reality being exclusive to over half of humanity.

are you able to discuss anything in substance or usually resort to the CoC and SJW meme? I guess you are just low IQ shitheads

Rust is better than C in many ways. There are some things I refuse to code in C because it’s only feasibly safe to do in languages with strict memory handling. The only complaint I have about Rust is its syntax is ugly and slow to type. Why couldn’t they just keep the classic C/Java syntax instead of this ugly monstrosity? I abandon C projects because C has autism and I abandon Rust projects because Rust is ugly.

Attached: 3A540628-0902-4FA3-A2CE-2A12C26D06AB.png (1334x750, 2.65M)

Actually, this kind of makes sense. So the way to keep SJWs out of projects is to use anime avatars, icons, artwork and themes and from the get-go?

sorry, I'm too white and too heterosexual to be allowed to use r*st

>Why couldn’t they just keep the classic C/Java syntax instead of this ugly monstrosity?
Because the guy who created Rust, Graydon Hoare, has an underdeveloped amygdala, which can be confirmed by looking at his blog and website.

>the code
that reads like something a mentally ill person would write

if you consider Rust ugly then you consider C and C++ ugly too. You can't like one and hate the other

>CoC and SJW meme
>meme
uh user

>I am too low IQ to understand this code
> it must be a mentally ill person who can write it

They are ugly, but Rust is uglier
if doshitononeline { doshit }

>. Their proselytization of the language and "rewrite it in Rust" demands in turn effectively creates a barrier by which normal to large amygdala people won't traverse, they'd rather much stay outside of the so called Rust community.
It also explains why their syntax is so ugly. Just look at the poor aesthetics of this post on that note:

every fucking post on Rust in this low IQ board immediately turns into CoC and SJW bullshit, you retards are incapable of discussing anything beyond jQuery, I am fucking out

Why couldn’t they just give it a syntax with a functioning amygdala like Python. C makes me angry. Rust makes me depresssed. But Python makes me happy. Be a Python.

Attached: 4C30D6A1-A14C-4FCF-A654-EFA52B907567.jpg (800x533, 41K)

The solution is to avoid inserting your personal politics into the projects you make.

the real solution is you don't discuss shit you don't even understand, GTFO low IQ nigger

>python2
go back to the mid 2000s

>the code is so hard to understand
no the code is shit. only mentally ill people would write shit like this. but I think your amygdala is just too underdeveloped to understand that

But they’re not going to stop doing that. Maybe we should counter them by making a language with Python syntax that compiles into Rust. We’ll call it Rustika.

Attached: C726701F-82DA-4421-880D-910A420BA3A0.png (1053x1024, 103K)

oh, his SJW infested language is not popular enough. maybe get the californian government to force rust upon us? fucking SJW whale faggot I hope you die

still more widely used than rustshit ever will be (and I despise python)

You seem to not be aware of how you're merely a slave to your own biology. You dehumanize those who aren't brain damaged like yourself, which is evident in how you disregard people who don't like Rust as "low IQ neets and retards."

Attached: 147127d3e1db1feec18ecbfdc2023f1c8ffb3a159c91472eaaad6d6a8443d73b (1).png (700x635, 573K)

I am deleting this post, I promise I will never post in this low IQ board again

>one of the worst user base
>ecosystem is a joke
>uncanny valley of being non prestigious non interesting non productive language
>no job opportunities

all these before discussing even starting you can't separate the language from its maintainers political stance. So why would anyone use it except for starting bait threads on g?

The rust language itself offers nothing new and is poorly implemented. So what's left besides marketing wank and the community full of shills who harass everyone.

I swear I saw this comment literally 10 tens already, stop copy pasting you bot-tier brainlet

Rust is interesting, but I hope a different language like it replaces it. I want linear types and no GC, but with Haskell's syntax and community. The closest thing to this that currently exists is github.com/carp-lang/carp, even though it's a Lisp.

Attached: patch sicp.jpg (700x849, 280K)

Python has also been around longer than Rust, so it's not exactly a fair comparison. It makes more sense for businesses to use Rust over comparable languages like C++ due to its memory safety.

Is the user base really that bad?

Widely used by dinosaur retards who can't even update their own code

For my senior project I wrote a heavily optimized Haskell compiler. I would gladly contribute to this project.

Attached: 5F4513BC-FEAA-4DFC-8652-FC0454176DD9.gif (500x443, 495K)

In most cases garbage collection is just fine.

Attached: toosaka.png (342x599, 234K)

read the op again and decide yourself

seriously, one of the most zealous brainlets around a deadly combo

Do let the door hit you on the way out craybabby faggot.

Seems like a great idea. Can't wait for it never to happen

It isn't a thing yet, but you should give Carp a look-see because it's pretty close. What optimizations did you have? Was it GHC-style demand analysis? I honestly don't want it to be lazy.

Just you wait. Something close is already happening with Carp.

Attached: patch 78.jpg (600x600, 289K)

and know only 2 genders!

If you want a modern Lisp with GC, static typing and pattern matching, check out Shen.

shenlanguage.org/

oh well, rust will never reach even 1/100th of C++ deployed code

Carp looks cool.

If you want a modern Lisp with GC, static typing and pattern matching, check out Shen.

shenlanguage.org/

Attached: 1545229310515.png (1024x1024, 736K)

I abused the properties of functional languages and had the compiler automatically implement memoization without the user needing to code it himself. I did a lot of other stuff too.

Double-posting internet timeouts are infuriating.

Attached: 1545237810276.jpg (1855x1024, 380K)

well, back in the day they had a poll how they would call themselves because the go fags calledt themselves "gophers". so the rustards first came up with the idea to name themselves "rustafarians" (or rustafari) but then there was huge outrage in the community because thats cultural appropriation and insensitive to the weedlmaos from jamaica. so they decided to go with rustaceans instead

Attached: 58C2EA71-8F04-465E-A343-30CFC324CF29.png (440x430, 381K)

it makes the most sense for businesses to fire language bikeshedders on the spot though

Lame as fuck. "Rustafarians" would have actually been kind of cool.

In what way is making your new product in Rust bikeshedding?

based and redpilled

in the way that tco is much more than marginal gains in memory safety. Language feature X is pretty much orthogonal to software adoptation, success and money

In principle I avoid corporately linked languages, (Go, Rust, Swift, C#). I'll stick with C, C++, and if I'm feeling lazy, python

tldr

Into the copypasta folder it goes

yeah, the community is pretty "toxic" as in "every criticism of rust is unwanted". People want named arguments: ignored, people want namespacing for crates: ignored (they even banned the guy that proposed it), people want a stable Rust ABI for making DLLs: ignored, people want a code example on the website and the old slogan back: ignored.
Community is fucking shit, a bunch of ruby webshits who think that they have any business doing system-level things. Rust is advertising towards managers instead of engineers now and you know what that means.

honestly Rust is probably the most welcoming community I've ever seen in any modern language (also Elixir), compare that to Golang, I was literally banned from Jow Forumsgolang for posting a benchmark post that put Golang behind Python, I am not even kidding, no just in reddit, Golang community is the most toxic I've ever seen

I just want a language that isn’t retarded like C but is fast. I also want it to have normal syntax. Even Apple doesn’t use Swift to write their own applications because it has shitty Rust syntax.

Attached: 65F52C5A-3BFA-4B8D-BD9A-CF8B95F630A8.jpg (2097x1430, 1.2M)

I think its pretty clear and very obvious whats going on. If you dont understand that comfy code then you must be a brainlet

you're kidding me, Rust and Swift are one of the most innovative modern languages around

>people want namespacing for crates: ignored (they even banned the guy that proposed it)
kek, very nicely worded my dude
Technically accurate and yet totally misleading

All the shit that makes C such a giant pain in the ass is why its fast, user.

Why not just do what Java did and keep the C syntax or even better use Python syntax? I’m tired of spending 90% of dev time tripping over my keyboard.

That’s only true to a very small extent. Rust is faster than C++ and is exponentially safer than C++

You could definitely have a C-like language with generics, type classes and syntactic sugar like tuple destructuring and whatnot without losing out on performance.

It's called C++.

Comfy anime thread

Attached: 1546376894454.gif (498x278, 558K)

>creates a library with bunch of Generics
>coworker changes a function because his data structure doesn't work well, changes without telling anyone
>3 months of debugging
nice meme

lmfao this, only that C++ has an actual ecosystem.

t bootcamp developer

your answer is unironically java

lol timing a running executable has some minor merits, but you are just pulling that out of your ass

So you're a bootcamp developer?

>the old slogan
What was it?

>yes, please school me on how to indent my code
>FUCK good performance
>videogame dev
>python 2
>sublime

Attached: image_25.jpg (680x678, 223K)

c

Attached: gelbooru.com 3410170 10s 1girl animal_hood blue_eyes bottomless cat_hood cat_tail eyebrows eyebrows (1305x2064, 232K)

Zig

Is Rust compatible with directx? because I really want to make a game engine with it.

Attached: 1528688891608.jpg (1280x1722, 520K)

FPBP

Attached: 1542148195356.png (548x476, 528K)