What’s the purpose of multi-GPU in 2019? I thought it was dead

What’s the purpose of multi-GPU in 2019? I thought it was dead.

Attached: D61C2362-D024-42DB-AEE7-45F34075532C.png (722x540, 255K)

>What’s the purpose of multi-GPU in 2019?
Machine learning, GPU virtualization, etc.

I use multi-GPU for multi monitor setups

anything but gaming

this

You have 10 monitors?

These
/v/tards need not apply

u jelly?

Attached: Speccy.png (1449x1074, 668K)

>different manufacturer
But why?

cause the EVGA was 1400€ when I wanted to buy a second one.

hows your raytracing performance?

Attached: laughing baldlet.jpg (412x648, 29K)

6. Buying a DisplayPort MST hub turned out to be more expensive than buying another mid-range GPU

>hows your raytracing performance?
in what game?
find me one

>ryzen

master race /v/ reporting in.
to get 144FPS+ in 4k you gotta go SLI

here, have 3:
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
Battlefield V
Metro Exodus

>muh reflections

Attached: exam1.jpg (1920x2160, 301K)

>Master race /v/
yeah master race of retards.

whats the point of posting this one if you've edited it and it's not even funny
like use your head for once or has spending all your time on Jow Forums rotted your brain?

>When you want to pretend you're rich but your Poozen 1800x gives you away along with your 1332Mhz RAMlet sticks

woah those reflections, here have my $1200 already Nvidia

Attached: th?id=OIP.cqDJkww7SY_L5RRuiKcv7QAAAA&pid=Api.jpg (304x189, 11K)

what does having 2 1080ti's achieve that one couldn't?

150fps at 1440p and ultra settings

Exodus is out?

>$1200
nope

Attached: just buy it.png (2045x950, 985K)

1 can do that though. My shitty meme 970 can hit 70+fps at ultra 1440p on some recent games

The 1800x could have cost up to 500 dollars and back then 64GB ram was over 1000. Its almost the most you can spend on consumer parts and made hedt platforms of the time look like a joke.

mfw I got my 1800x for half that price and I plan on upgrading it with zen 2

Attached: flat,800x800,070,f.u6.jpg (752x800, 90K)

what the shit, thats a rip-off Ive seen the 2080ti as low as $1000, crappy Palit though.

Holy fucking mother of fuck...

Attached: 1504478149324.gif (193x200, 25K)

Yes I'm mad at a /v/irgin who is too autistic to stay in his containment board he had to jump ship to post how much he loves his gaymes. Oh boy, so angry grrrr you better watch your back or I'll say the n word

you haven't seen anything yet.

Attached: oy vey.png (1756x611, 125K)

>Ferraris shouldnt exist because I'm too poor to afford one.

chill, you're going to get a heart attack

Attached: he-mad.jpg (638x359, 22K)

It was only dead for gayming, because there was no multiGPU solution with had good performance benefits for the buck, VRAM combining, and was easily supported by developers. It's pretty much alive and thriving for computing workloads, where a fast connection between GPUs isn't an issue. Maybe this thing will change something for gaymers, since it addresses these shortcomings. Or maybe not.

Attached: .jpg (700x525, 55K)

>Something that is 1,900 now
>Next year be half as much
Just like a car too

EVGA on suicide watch

Attached: muh dollaroos.png (1377x1116, 518K)

okay now I think I found the winner

Attached: wtf,.png (1865x845, 565K)

>$3,000 consumer GPU
World has officially gone insane

Attached: 1493063818679.gif (435x316, 2.91M)

sadly yes

>Nvidia/AMD engineers are allowed to optimize multi-GPU solutions
>Scaling 98%
>No one buys top of the line cards anymore

Yeah, it'll never be a priority to fix multi-GPU, ever.

Attached: hgzb9r3n9m621-05.jpg (2212x2127, 698K)

CF doesn't need bridges, didn't for a long time, and nvidia basically killed triple and quad SLI with the 1000 series.

It was never dead.

It gives peoples ego's a buzz. They read that they can put all the cores to use in different ways but dont do anything like that. They are onanists who love the smell of their own farts - pic related

Attached: cpu-10-cpu-9-cpu-0-cpu-8-cpu-2-16581558.png (500x821, 224K)

Why are your 1080ti cards 3gb?
I had my 760 in sli up until recently and I struggled to find games that actually supported SLI. Shame really. It has a lot of potential.

because what is born dead may never die

60 FPS with RTX ON in Battlefield.

pic related only applies to cpus you retard

>MMXIX
>60 fps in a multiplayer shooter
please tell me you're kidding

Attached: 13654193832897.jpg (261x340, 22K)

WoW is literally like your pic. After 15 years it's still mainly single core optimized. It's only recently that Blizzard stated that they will start experimenting with multicore support but it will most likely require them to rewrite their dinosaur Warcraft 3 engine.

Are there any performance problems in WoW though? I mean on anything that's not a toaster.

Before it was patched, RTX was calculated for every single LEAF in a FOREST terrain. So without the patch, no, not kidding. With the patch, you don't get full RTX, it's disabled for foliage, which is complete bullshit, they basically fixed the performance issues by turning off the feature selectively for certain objects.

u jelly?

Attached: gpus.png (1110x1030, 300K)

posting ebin benchmark results

its dead, but its place will be taken over by multi die gpu on same substrate.
I actually hope amd some massive APU with 8cpu cores and like 50+50cu gpu on same substrate it would be around 1080/1080ti performance, only problem would be you would need like 6-7ghz ram, but ddr5 is coming?

>2000W
WHAT? SORRY CAN'T HEAR YOU THROUGH ALL THIS NOISE

>1080ti
>RTX

That's why we have server rooms/farms, son.

tensorflow for people who cant afford titans

Newsflash: non-RTX cards can do RTX just terribly inefficiently. The first demo for RTX ran on a TITAN V that had no RTX cores. None.

>Genderfield Vagine5
that aside, i can tolerate videogaymerzs but i can't understand thos who play shit normie games such as battlefield / CoD / battlefront-ransaction

yeah man fucking millenial faggots man

>tensorflow
>not using TPUs

You sound pretty mad desu

I'm genuinely jelly. Could crack my neighbor's wifi password with that beast.

Yes the game chokes in any CPU intensive scene because it only uses 1 core. Try to do any 20man raid or warfront today on a FX series CPU. The game runs worse than FFXIV which is an accomplishment since WoW looks visually worse than FFXIV too.

those are rack mounted meant for data centers you fucking gamer retard

I work at oak ridge national lab and we have summit, the world's (unclassified) fastest supercomputer. The nv link bus is much much faster than anything pci express can offer and was a major bandwidth limiter on Titan, the former world's fastest supercomputer. It's used for huge workstation loads and was just carried over to the GeForce line as a way to maybe recoup costs.

look, nvidias marketing worked on this retard. he thinks raytracing is exclusive to nvidia lol

World of Warcraft has been running worse with each expansion pack added. They add bloat ontop bloat on a game way past it's due date.

The more you buy the more you save

Attached: leatherman.jpg (1280x720, 72K)

RTX has TPUs you fucking degenerate millenial homofaggot holy fuck off yourself

>RTX has TPUs

what the fuck are you talking about

This is why nv link (sli,) was kept.

Attached: FB_IMG_1546715730939.jpg (800x1440, 105K)

The code is rotting that game from the inside out. One little change and everything fucking breaks. Happens every single time they change something, tune classes, etc.

welcome to 2019, retard

>TPUs
>In RTXs

You're just making shit up at this point

mine show in speccy also only 3gb, when in reality and gpu-z shows 11gb. Just speccy being shit.

Fucking kikes. Even WITHOUT the patch there wasn't "full rtx". And after the patch, they simply turned off shit that was their main marketing point for these gpus to show "(((improved performance))). Fucking kikes.

I'm still waiting for evidence of TPUs in RTXs

>paying the intel tax when the gpu is what matters most

>the gpu is what matters most
Maybe if you only play Vulkan games. If not, a 7700K is breathing down the neck of a 2700X, so nobody has a reason to switch to ryzen from Z170 or later.