Windows 10 rans into strange legal troubles in EU

yle.fi/uutiset/3-10583254

Customer Commission for Corporate Products Finland (CCCP Finland) says that Microsoft is responsible for damages of a entrepreneur who was forced to use Windows 10 but was previously using Windows 7 which worked brilliantly.

Microsoft used sneaky tactics to load Windows 10 onto the unsuspecting mans computer. Because of the mess Windows 10 caused on the computer, the mans work was interrupted for several days leading to profit loss of 3000 euros.

3000 euros was the mans claim. Commission decides that Microsoft doesnt have to pay this much but 1100 euro instead. The commission agrees that Microsoft has done wrongly and is responsible for damages, only the amount of damages Microsoft needs to pay is under debate now.

Win10 was loaded into mans laptop which was connected on internet and had AC power cable connected to it and the internet connection also was secured by AC power so there was no accidental power losses. The man leaved the computer on and went away for several hours. He didnt suspect anything fishy was going on.

The Win10 rendered the mans laptop into unusable state. All the files were able to be recovered by tech connoisseurs but this didnt help the fact that the mans work was severely interrupted for days. He had dozens of his own usage settings for CAD software and other software he used and all these had to be tweaked into perfection again.

Attached: critical process part deux.jpg (1600x900, 92K)

dumb boomer

yeah that's why I don't use Windows or Arch Linux. One update and *POOF* all your config files get erased

Also in conclusion: the man bought a used 6 year old Lenovo with Windows 7 professional to be able to continue his work.

>CCCP

Attached: 1310483412100.jpg (413x395, 61K)

>He had dozens of his own usage settings for CAD software and other software he used and all these had to be tweaked into perfection again.
did "the man" know about backups? also I'm sure M$ has a clause somewhere making them not responsible of this

>CCCP Finland

Attached: 27m10v.jpg (620x413, 38K)

I use arch more than a year overall and half of the year as a main system, no things were broken so far idk what you are talking about.
I use arch btw

the laptop was also incompatible with Window 10 making this even more hilarious

still it loaded the update

Are you using arch, by chance?

Microsoft shouldn't have to pay anything for the man being a retard.

>was forced to use Windows 10
how was he forced to use windows 10?

>win 7 update downloads windows 10 setup image
>win 7 flashes win 10 while he was away
>win 10 deletes win 7
that's how cringe and how bluepilled Win32-64.Worm.Windows10 is

at the gunpoint of Get Windows 10 campaign
it literally downloaded it without you knowing, and then installed it under the disguise of an usual update, without an option to stop the update or to roll it back

Attached: 1494655907436.png (200x194, 31K)

Anything laptop made in 2012 below aren't compatible with windows 10 even worse if there's no dedicated gpu so intel hd graphics only. Some of my older laptop with hd 2000 and 3000 automatically install windows 10.

>did "the man" know about backups?
This
Anyone who doesn't understand backups deserves that

I had a 2009 HP laptop that was compatible, ESL nigger pajeet.

Maybe the guy should have learned to backup his important files into a cloud service, USB drive, or an external drive.

all his important files was saved quite easily, issue was that there was no computer him to run his workplace softwares for a while so he couldnt do his job

>He had dozens of his own usage settings for CAD software and other software he used and all these had to be tweaked into perfection again.
this is why GUI babies will never be as efficient as CLI config file chads

>imbrying GUI configs can't be backed up like CLI configs, especially in highly integrated software packages such as CAD

>Highly reliant on a PC to make your living
>Learn nothing about it and take no precautions to ensure that your ability to make a living is not interrupted
>IT'S SOMEONE ELSE'S FAULT!!!!!!!!

No sympathy.

>CC CP
:^)

This, microsoft should be forced to pay him the price of a server-grade hard disk as well, because the crappy OS requires backups.

Windows literally did this by itself retard, he's not responsible for anything.

>calling Microsoft Micro$oft

Attached: .jpg (666x570, 69K)

Did the guy not pay attention to the Windows 10 update messages telling him for days that they will auto update unless he clicks no

He probably kept hitting the X button or something.

learn 2 read underage faggot

he is responsible for running non-free software on his computer that allows Microsoft to control him

>impryign there's a difference between consumer and server-grade hard disks
>ibmlying you don't need backups with any setup

Attached: .jpg (474x382, 14K)

Just because you say "lala we don't give a shit" in your ToS doesn't mean it's gonna fly in every single country on earth.

Last time i used arch the ssl update broke fucking everything. Then again my last distro was fedora and dnf decided to erase my entire /sbin so maybe linux just sucks.

Right because having xorg.conf break is any different.

Yes because that literally doesn't exist.

itt: The mental gymnastics of Microsoft bootlickers

>google any display issue
>oh just change these lines in your xorg.conf
>xorg.conf does not exist

Attached: 1541221230863.png (513x216, 46K)

What is this, 1885?

>corporation runs itself into the ground
we must come together as a society and fix this injustice
>corporation fucks a normal person
it was the person's fault

Attached: 171.jpg (613x533, 33K)

xorg.conf is completely auto generated these days. You usually don't create one unless you want to set very uncommon options

deltarune faggot here. I'm aware of that. In fact the only thing I've ever seen actually attempt to generate one is the Nvidia driver installation and it usually fails to do that because Nvidia is a shitty company with shitty linux drivers that will without fail break your fucking system at least once in the process.

LTSC doesn't have this problem

But i'm using LTSC on a 2007 ThinkPad.
stupid pajeet

>recovered by tech connoisseurs
>he had his own usage settings for CAD software
>using CAD software on a laptop
>never once made a backup, or considered just recovering his CAD settings
>It's MS fault that Im a mentally retarded (I mean im using Windows so they must already assume so)
I want out of this timeline

>Win 10 requirement is 1GB of RAM, 1GHZ processor, 16GB of storage, an 800x600 display, and support for DX9
yeah, pre-2012 laptops totally cant match that
fucking retard

They also required drivers for Windows 10, and some hardware didn't have proper drivers.
The computer I built for my parents couldn't upgrade from Windows 8 to 10 because Nvidia didn't release a driver for the integrated graphics and the Win10 installer flagged it.
In terms of hardware it easily supports it. Dual core AMD, 4GB RAM, storage, monitor, DX9 support is all fine, just that driver.

who names their company after a flaccid micropenis anyway?

Driver support for Windows 10 on older laptops is a shit show.

these days xorg.conf is autogenerated, and you put customizations in files under /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/
you can still make an xorg.conf if you want, but i don't recommend it

it's a contraction of microcomputer software

>Windows does something it has no right to
>Guy should of backed up!
Or if windows didn't do anything at all, then guy wouldn't have to back anything up.