Locks are technology, right? Time for a locks/lockpicking thread

Locks are technology, right? Time for a locks/lockpicking thread.

Newfag guide: dropbox.com/s/y39ix9u9qpqffct/Lockpicking Detail Overkill.pdf?dl=0

Attached: lockpicks.jpg (2560x1920, 1.98M)

Other urls found in this thread:

southord.com/collections/lock-pick-sets-standard/products/lock-pick-set-14-piece-pxs-14
sparrowslockpicks.com/kick_start_p/s0.htm
lockpickworld.com/collections/lock-pick-sets/products/lokko-lock-pick-gift-set-2-training-locks-and-how-to-lockpick-ebook
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

lol i do the same thing on mine with electrical tape. I shape them myself with a grinding wheel.

Heck yeah.

For noobs willing for most bang for buck, the Sparrows revolver is CASH. Also, in OP's pic, if you can get flat prybars (the toothed cunts in the bottom right), you're golden.

Southord makes good hooks for euro and normal locks.

Also, for practice, you can get the "Progressive locks" kit from Sparrows. 2,3,4,5 pins. Revolver can be configured for any pinning and has 4 locks in 1 body.

Oh, my first picks were handmade.

>be me
>17
>grammar school
>janitor has a grinder
>ask if I can use it
>says sure
>grind myself a hook, bend a tensioner
>start fucking around with school elevator
>adrenaline never higher
>get in
>cool
>stop taking stairs, open lift
>teachers don't know I don't have a regular key
>hitch rides with me
>janitor catches wind
>basically start being "the lock kid"
>6th graders fuck with a lock and stick paperclips in? I get them out
>Anyone need a ride?

Until one day, I almost got fucked

>janitor knows of my rides
>put 2 and 2 together
>one day, sitting in class during break
>"user!"
>turn around
>janitor barges into class
>"You got some explaining to do, fella!"
>noidea.jpg
>"Get your ass out here!"
>Scared something got fucked
>walk out
>Janitor's scowl turns into a grin/embarrased expression
>"user, I don't wanna go down the stairs and I left my keys in the workshop. Figure you could get me to the ground floor?"
>I hide tactically shat brick
>Get picks from pencil case
>open elevator
>"Thanks, bud. I still have to walk the last bit, the cellar's closed off with a fireman's key"
>notforlong.mp3
>unlock fireman switch
>take janitor to his floor
>everything was cool

Damn, grammar school was cool.

I got my pics from a list of recommended newbie stuff. I labeled it in case anyone else wants to buy it.

Attached: lockpicks captioned.jpg (2560x2560, 3.07M)

I admit I haven’t googled in a while. There a method for cracking these yet?

Attached: 1983764C-BC28-414A-B2B7-78A69DAE3825.jpg (1000x1000, 112K)

They're pretty easy to take apart and reset the combination. But to actually crack one's current combination takes specialized tools created just for directional combination locks and at least an hour.
Pic semi related

Attached: DC 0 lockpicking.png (1384x1138, 2.51M)

is a response to

I bought a cheap pick set from china 2 years ago.
So far I have managed to pick 1 lock.

I’ve barely even taken mine out of the package.

Attached: 07659804-6B81-431F-8F9B-4A1C1BB204D5.jpg (800x600, 65K)

Both of these are good:
southord.com/collections/lock-pick-sets-standard/products/lock-pick-set-14-piece-pxs-14
sparrowslockpicks.com/kick_start_p/s0.htm

I have a set of those
The see through is a bit of a crutch, after you get that done try some shitty masterlock you have lying around

I've never picked a lock before. Is a see through worth grabbing, or should I just go straight to the shit masterlock?

Transparent locks are nice because you can put a visual to the tactile and audible feedback you get while starting out. You'll want to move on to basic locks pretty quick, though.

For those starting out, the training box from Lokko is good. I have it. Comes with two transparent locks, beginner's pick set and a cheesy lock picking set hidden in an obviously fake credit card. I found a 15% off coupon code for Lock Pick World: super15.

lockpickworld.com/collections/lock-pick-sets/products/lokko-lock-pick-gift-set-2-training-locks-and-how-to-lockpick-ebook

Home invaders thread

Attached: glitch shiggy.gif (180x180, 216K)

I threw away the other pieces because I never use them.

Attached: forgotmuhkeys.jpg (640x480, 43K)

Don't do it Jamal

Useless in the long run. Diagrams do the same thing.

If you go straight for a pinnable lock, you can get the feel of the lock faster and with less frustration from not seeing shit.

It's all tactile, only thing you can see is the plug turning. Other than that, you KNOW what it looks like on the inside from diagrams.

I had a hard time with pins until I got frustrated and just started raking instead, then once I got the feel of getting the pins in place and opening it a few times it just kind of clicked, literally.

For me, a good, easy keyway certainly helped. Most in my country are paracentic keyways. Once I got the revolver lock, it started going up.

Clear locks are nice but few that I have are quite easy to open.
I bought pic related, German lock, great machining. It's a six pin lock but you can only see first 5. Comes with bunch of security pins and springs with different strength so you can practice on a lot of different combinations.

Attached: rps20190106_113932.jpg (1839x1339, 393K)