Scala 3

Do you think Scala can unfuck and revitalize itself with Scala 3? I just want a fast FP-friendly language with type classes that can use a ton of libraries.

Attached: scala.png (635x282, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dotty.epfl.ch
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dotty project become Scala 3.0
dotty.epfl.ch
More pure functional more type systems and no metaprogramming for now

No. .NET 3 will take over with F#.

Then you want F#.

lmfao look at this samefag. F# doesn't even have higher kinded types.

at least I have a job, shitskin.

F# has some appeal, but .NET lacks libraries and type classes.

HKTs are overrated and for type system autists. ADTs are more than enough..

ADTs are overrated and for type system autists. Generics are more than enough..

Why do you want type classes?

What is exactly wrong with Scala? I am beginner level in Scala and found it very pleasing to write.

generics are overrated and for type system autists. Class inheritance and interfaces are more than enough.

Class inheritance and interfaces are overrated and for type system autists. Struct composition and generic pointers are more than enough.

Hello F# :)

Kotlin master race is taking over jvm. As soon as it gets a proper ternary operator nothing will stand in it's way.

You already can do it like this.

Attached: 234.png (433x238, 6K)

> unfuck
Eh, it's ok and getting better the hard way.

> revitalize
It's just about the most successful "newer" language apart from JS.

Kotlin is not even better than Java once it gets data classes lmfao

>Still no inline functions, extension functions, top level functions, sealed classes, inline classes, exhaustive when, nullable/not nullable types unsigned types etc.
Yeah, no. Maybe in java 20.

Nobody needs that shit. Only hipster Android coders use Kotlin. Nobody uses that shit in backends let alone enterprise applications

>You don't need it! I said so!
Stay mad, javanigger.

Give me one good reason why I would need that shit. There's nothing Kotlin can do that Java can't. Kotlin fags main argument is "Muh boilerplate code" .. Yeah, you're going to save 15 seconds, nice.

Now multiply those 15 seconds by thousands of LOCs. Can't blame you if you have never used it, though. I was sceptical at first too.

Attached: 234.png (602x537, 44K)

just use intellij sweetie it auto generates half that shit in 5s

Scala can do things that Java cant., unlike Kotlin.

>he doesn't know how to use Lambdas

Here you go.

Attached: 234.png (908x388, 27K)

Or even better.

Attached: 234.png (1004x391, 18K)

Lmfao this is horrible. Kotlin is the biggest meme ever. It will be dead within 5 years.

This one guy just doesn't stop shilling Kotlin on Jow Forums. He is worse than the Julia fag.

>If it's about a thing I don't like it's shilling

But intellij won't read the code for you when you need to maintain it

>being this braindead
Is that why there are almost no Kotlin jobs around?

Let me guess, you also think C is obsolete and going to be replaced by Rust, right?

The problem is that there is no big money in Scala. Twitter and a couple of big Spark users are not enough to fund a large scale development Swift and Go enjoy.

Scala Native was an obviously right direction to decouple the language from crappy Java ecosystem, but who would pay for its development, which requires long-term commitment (compilers are hard due to the need to memorize and implement all the details).

Who would write the Dotty Native? Twitter has no interest. Uber could (they burn money anyway) but they are too stupid to use Scala.

All this is why we can't have nice things.

My nigga.

A Typescript-like language designed by Java coders is an insult for intelligence.

Here you go OP

Attached: 5587746715_842d383cd8_z.jpg (640x640, 160K)