Linux Kernel 4.20 (blaze it edition) is out

Whos going to install it? Im feeling lit

Attached: Stoned Penguuin #1.jpg (506x506, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synecdoche
users.on.net/~ckolivas/kernel/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

it's just a certain sequence of digits insufferable junkie

Did they fix the soft lock bug for Dell XPS ?

no point brah!!!! Only go down the "micro kernel" rabbit hole if your doing embedded shit, else just copy the .config from the running kernel

Attached: 1541397488586.jpg (529x502, 33K)

Did they fix the performance loss for 4.20 they posted about a few months ago?

Attached: HeroJojoshII.jpg (101x93, 12K)

what do you mean, "going to"?
> uname -r
4.20.0-3-ck

is -ck short for cuck?

no, it's short for Food & Cooking

4.20 did not exist a few months ago, jockamette.

54/\/\3f49

merge window for 4.20 closed early november

Linux is just a kernel. Why specify that you are referring to "linux kernel"?

close enough

>Linux is a kernel

Attached: 43.jpg (750x391, 56K)

Yes, you can quote. Well done.

you need to go back

Attached: 1544896654755.jpg (498x370, 44K)

based

>Linux is just a kernel.
Wrong. Linux is also used to refer to the whole operating system. See en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synecdoche

>Linux is also used to refer to the whole operating system
Which whole operating system? Lots of different operating systems use Linux.

>Lots of different operating systems use Linux.
And they are all Linux.

Then saying "the operating system" makes no sense.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you’re referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I’ve recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called “Linux”, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine’s resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called “Linux” distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

But I've been running it for two weeks now.

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-01-06 10-19-20.png (1919x1077, 1.82M)

I wish I could prove you wrong, but I used a different computer before to make Have some more based Jojosh instead

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

based mint user

Already did

Attached: EC83816B-DBC6-491E-A608-DC87F3BBE873.jpg (230x230, 16K)

What do I win?

Attached: le 530 mariojana it.png (566x447, 49K)

It's a version, a 'remix', by one of the maintainers, or just a guy who likes his own settings. He's been around forever. I couldn't give you a gist of what they're about, though.

Fuck, I still haven't taken pics of my T420 running Linux 4.20 to flood Jow Forums with, thanks for reminding me about that!

amdgpu team needs to unJUST a lot of shit ASAP

What do you mean with it being out?

Sure it is ... for almost one month now. Had it installed a few hours after release, rebooted eventually, it has been running since.

I'm not. It's pozzed and I don't want to go through the extra effort to not get a 26% performance loss.

the fuck are you you on about
it's just Con Kolivas's patchset
users.on.net/~ckolivas/kernel/

most people related to Jow Forums have a mental illness >>see terry devis

most people just create/imagine stories and believe them

Is that what the :3 face is supposed to be?

hi stefan

oh shit its mr grips

How'd you know?

i recognize your IP address