How much of an upgrade would it be over i5 2400 and 750ti would it be?

How much of an upgrade would it be over i5 2400 and 750ti would it be?

Also is it realistically possible to play video games on it? Is it true it's not compatible with Adobe, some programming tools or Android x86 and other Jow Forums software?

Attached: maxresdefault1.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

>itt, user doesn't know how to google

Don't be fucking stupid

Attached: 750ti.png (1158x650, 229K)

>How much of an upgrade would it be over i5 2400 and 750ti would it be?

For gaming/graphics intensive workloads, and assuming you are already running dual channel RAM:

Ryzen APU (Desktop/Embedded) VEGA 8 to 11 -- Significant downgrade.

Ryzen APU (Desktop/Embedded) VEGA 3 -- Severe downgrade. A VEGA 3 is comparable to Intel UHD 620/630.

Ryzen APU (Mobile) -- Unusable. No official drivers from most laptop OEMs. AMD's official drivers cannot install on these systems.

> Is it true it's not compatible with Adobe, some programming tools or Android x86 and other Jow Forums software?

Ryzen APU (Desktop/Embedded) -- Most if not all of these problems are fixed.

Ryzen APU (Mobile) -- Most of these problems are NOT fixed. VLC still crashes, Premiere still crashes e.t.c.

>9% of artificial points that could mean anything as they don't translate into any real unit
>Nvidia literally can rig these benchmarks into doing operations that are performed better by their video cards, just like Intel does
You're stupid if you don't understand why I'd ask.

What are you talking about? Userbenchmark scores for newer Intel GPUs (example: HD 620) are way lower than those of equivalent NVIDIA/AMD cards. Going from single channel to dual channel gives a 10% improvement in that benchmark score and a 30-50% improvement in games.

>another episode of every benchmark i disagree with is rigged

Attached: anons fave game.png (1328x1321, 57K)

I built someone a 2400g apu setup. I can vouch for low FPS, these benchmarks seem good for Fortnite. 50-60 was what I was seeing on medium. You could OC it and get closer to 750ti performance but you'd need to liquid cool it definitely.

Then what about pairing AMD with 750ti?

>benchmark
No, I'm just too long into computers to buy into that. Real life performance > made up benchmarks

>Ryzen APU (Desktop/Embedded) -- Most if not all of these problems are fixed.
Even the problems with android and bsd based OSes? I know people using Adobe software, but once in a while they have impossible to explain slowdowns.

>No, I'm just too long into computers to buy into that. Real life performance > made up benchmarks
What the fuck do you think "Fortnite Battle Royale" is?

>What the fuck do you think "Fortnite Battle Royale" is?
A more trustworthy way to measure performance than ?

Don't bother with 2400 unless it's the same price as 2200. For games it does have more threads but core speed is barely different for single threaded tasks

on average you would be sidegrading on the gpu and gaining a bit on the cpu side
power consumption aside, for what purpose, faggot?

>what purpose, faggot?
Because I don't use my computer to shitpost on Jow Forums, but do stuff on it.
>power consumption
Guess why the yellow jackets in the EU protest.
If I need an upgrade I'd do that including power saving.

On the CPU side, it is like switching to a Broadwell quadcore. GPU wise you loose ~10% of performance.

Then what about, either Intlel or AMD, alternatives which are at the same price point and would be upgrade?

Ryzen APUs don't bring any more performance to users of sandybridge i5/i7 or newer, and the vega 11 while decent as far as igpus goes is barely 750TI performance at best.

Basically only good for underage dipshits building their first computer or the most basic ass normie facebook machine. Anyone else has had Ryzen APU performance for years and should only be considering 6 core or higher chips.

Fuck the youtuber generation overblowing the Ryzen APU hype. I've seen too many retards going from a 2nd~4th gen i5/i7s to Ryzen APUs when all they needed was a a new GPU, a SSD, and maybe some cheap ram just because some youtuber shilled it like the second coming of Jebus

At that price point you'd be better off upgrading your current shit, a new GPU for starters.

This. GPU upgrade first, platform upgrade later down the line.

I'll agree that the Youtubesphere is really overblowing the 2400g capabilities. I've built a 2400g for a friend, but only because he was absolutely dog shit unemployed poor and had no baseline. You need to pair it with 3000mhz ram if you intend of having any semblance of performance.

>i5 2400 and 750ti
That is the same hardware I was running until a month ago. Upgraded to a 2700X and a 1070Ti. Pic related.

Attached: feels-goodman.jpg (475x360, 34K)

not enough to justify the money. I'd wait for whatever jewtel and ayymd release this year, then decide.

Just buy a new GPU.

I have a r5 2400G
I use it for 4k (60fps) web browsing and movies
When it comes to those i cant see a difference between it and my old 1060
It runs without problems on linux but you need a newer version
Also update your bios i hade some problems before doing it

>Over the 750ti

Not at all

>Over the i5 2400

Night and day.

Realistically you should buy a new GPU before a new CPU if what you care about is gaming performance. Also do some bclk overclocking of that i5-2400 and squeeze whatever you can out of it.

Can we ever have a realistic discussion about computer hardware without shills and fanboys?

Attached: 1546674673029.jpg (638x1000, 92K)

>you only get 60 fps instead of 180!!!!
>how could you even deal with it??????0

>Even the problems with android and bsd based OSes?
No clue what problems they have. You have to check out /reddit/r/amd unironically for more information on that one