What do you think of new housing tech such as tankless water heaters and mini splits...

What do you think of new housing tech such as tankless water heaters and mini splits? Are they the future or are they still in their infancy?

Attached: tankless-hot-water-heater.jpg (720x768, 114K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QHU7I7axkaA
youtube.com/watch?v=14MmsNPtn6U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're not new for one. They are fine as long as you understand their limits.

They're obsolete before they were even conceived.

Attached: heater.png (646x363, 213K)

Common practice in Europe, lower instantaneous heating efficiency is out weighed by removing storage losses. Had these setups in Germany and the Netherlands, definitely a fan

why are you calling a combi boiler new tech? i have had one for like 15 years in the UK. it is awesome. only downside is having to wait 5 seconds for hot water rather than instant but it never runs out of hot water so that is awesome.

>tankless water heaters
they suck, you get cold water sandwich with them, also, the activation flow is fucking ridiculous

based brazilian electrineering

Who doesn't want to possibly electrocture themslves in the shower every morning?

>tfw have water tank and still don't have instant hot water because the water pipes run around outside the house

builders not insulating hot water pipe should be illegal

Explain exactly how that is possible in this setup? Kys neet dumbass.

in europe tankless water heaters are a standard

>Tankless water heater
Good, but first 10-20 seconds sucks.
>Mini splits
Awesome, but I think duct air conditioners are better for all-house cooling.

just like third world counties

Wow. DiodeGoneWild. Fearless slav tries brazilian new technology and likes it

imo tank heaters are a 3rd world thing :/

Mini split AC units sounds like something poorfag countries would need. In America we just have central air and heating everywhere.

Why do you even need a tank? They are only good for heating rooms.
For heating water tankless unit is much more based.
Also, third world countries (Chile) do use tanked heaters, but they are way smaller than US ones.

i wish pic is more popular in the west, literally free hot water all year round

Attached: 1535356648479.jpg (400x300, 27K)

>instant hot water heaters
>new technology
u wot m8?

Snow makes things like that obsolete.

>tankless heater as new
you burgers are a never-ending source of laughter

good for large waterflow, but bad for low amounts as it turns on when the flow of water is fast enough

it's vaccum heat collection tube, it works even in the snow

Posts like these are the reason Europeans are obsessed with us

Tankless is great
youtube.com/watch?v=QHU7I7axkaA
+ filter to stop gayfrogging

>Why do you even need a tank?
To hold the hot water. If you don't have one then you have to wait for the heating elements to heat up and then wait for the water to be heated. Tankless water heating is not a new thing it's just shit.

In some areas you don't need designated cooling, and heating is done via radiators (or how this shit with fins is called).
Ductless aircons are simplier to install in this case, since you need only 6 cm hole in the wall.

That thing looks retarded. Look at all the space under it that's completely unused... It's not like you're going to put anything useful under there or actively use that space for anything. You could easily put a small tank under there, maybe a flatter, square one just like the heater. You would have less stored hot water than a normal tank sure, but you'd get most of the benefit of the normal tank while also getting the space saving benefits, all for just a little more energy use. Like 3 bucks a month probably

>tankless water heaters

Brilliant if you are a single person who bathes once a week and doesn't need hot water consistently.

They have been pushed on alot of people in Britain via councils and the truth is that they are shit if you consistently need hot water throughout the day. The only efficiency they have over old style heaters is that they don't really waste as much water but unless you live in the Sahara or California, you normally don't worry about how much water and more the bill for electric/gas at the end of the month.

They are essentially a power shower in a box.

>you burgers are a never-ending source of laughter
I would imagine that tankless would be a new thing for the burgers. They still stick build everything.

kek, i have that filter for the whole house, not just for hot water

>those shitty roof tiles
>those shitty fucking plants
Australia detected.
But it's not a SolaHart so I'm also conflicted.

10 seconds is not much to wait, until water becomes hot.
I mean, it is way cheaper, than heating 200L of water all the time

>Why do you even need a tank?
to store the energy generated by the solar panels

Madman

23.2 amps * 220 volts = 5000 W
it would probably go as high as 7500W
I don't think it would be able to heat water, that's colder than 5ÂșC, to comfortable levels

>have to wait for gas to heat up
wow 0.0002 seconds.

so other anons watch him to?
that's nice

Attached: fine boomer.jpg (1024x995, 158K)

More like 20 seconds, but still nothing too bad.

also replacing the sacrificial anode every 2-3 years
also replacing the pressure valves at 8-10 years (you won't be doing that twice, since a tank unit won't be lasting 20 years)
also requiring a stupid large amount of electricity or having to relight the pilot light after a power outage.

5 kW is enough to heat amount of water, that comes through shower head.
For proper hot water you need like 10 kW, and this is better done by gas, or heat pump

>it takes 20s for burning LNG to become hot

It doesn't burn much, lol.
I guess it depends on length of pipes. I don't have proper insulation on them, so this might be the reason why shit it cold in the beginning for 20 second.

I'd say so, all exterior hot water pipes must be lagged in SA.

that's dodgy and dangerous.
Btw, I believe it is the same man, who made video of free enegri genereator from extenstion cord and spark generator

I currently live in an apartment with a gas water heater and it sucks ass. I have to turn off the heat before I shower and no stoves can be running because it fights over the gas with other appliances.

I have no access to it and have never seen it and can only think how shitty of a water tank it is on how it doesn't even hold any hot water. It's so bad I think it's actually a tankless heater and the stupid woman just called it a water tank because she's a woman

it literally takes 30 seconds to hot water here, fuck tankless

>since a tank unit won't be lasting 20 years
a tankless goes bad in under 10 years

There is copper oxide insulation on pipes, lol.

I just take cold showers. What else could you possibly need hot water for besides bathing?
>dishes can be washed with cold water
>hands can be washed with cold water
>toilet can use cold water
>clothes are actually better washed with cold water
>use a kettle for hot drinks

They all same shit.
In tankless spark won't ignite, burner gets dirty... At least they are cheap, lol.

imagine living in such a shithole you don't even get gas pressure.
jejejejej

Rinnai units here last more than 20 years.
Or rather, units installed in the 90s are still going.
Temperature controllers and all.

I use warm water to shower, but I tolerate washing ass with cold.
Other stuff - pretty much yeah. Kettles rule, even 10A 220V ones are still good, much better than drinking water from tap and getting sick, because thirdworld shithole company didn't notify you about contaminated water.

That's 1900 plus tip kiddo

I can't wait to buy my own house, fuck renting

my tanks easily lasts 20+ years too

Don't Brazilians have like 4 of those on every shower, just for the hell of it?

Your own house is like Linux, you mod it for yourself.
Renting is like using W*ndows, you can't do anything without permission.

Imo tankless suffers from having water running as the element is heating
Being fed cold water drastically slows the process because the heat is just swept away.

You own house is like MacOSX, you can mod most of it to be better, but some things you can't.
Renting is like Windows
Owning a private island is like Linux.

>I consistently need hot water throughout the day
unemployed council house resident detected

Owning house in condo is MacOSX.
Owning dedicated house is GNU/Linux
Owning an island - fucking Linux From Scratch

A filthy casual, that's who.

To expand on what said, the flux released by a showerhead is surprisingly low. Simply breaking it in several narrow streams allows it to cover a much wider area of your body than if it were one single stream.

Also, there are electric showerheads for 110V too. Rev up those amperes!

Attached: suiceide-shower-guatemala.jpg (600x400, 20K)

A solution would be to have a corkscrew pass so the current spends more time on the element

>Rev up those amperes!
Rev up your electricity counters...

Seconded.
Just shower, you filthy son of a bitch.

By the way, for bathtub tankless heater performs identical to tanked one, maybe even better.

Well, you can save up by going minimalist.

Attached: 6bSqtpI.jpg (495x650, 27K)

Like the water is having the effect that liquid does in gaymen pc atm
Which is bad.
Solution? Maybe have small tank of heated water for initial demand to make element heat faster and mask delay?
Have multiple passes of piping over element?

Liquid cooling *

I think this is to unfreeze the pipes, lol. Look at the showerhead

Power of candle is barely above 50W.

if you have multiple tariffs for power you can heat up your water at night when the tariff is cheaper and since the tank is several hundred liters and isolated it will last you all day.

Maybe, but heaters don't have any sort of timer.

What the FUCK
Every time I've used a tank based heater, it's always a giant pain because you run out of water and then you have to wait at least a couple of hours for everything to heat up again. THAT is precisely the scenario where if you're a single person who bathes once a week, a tank based heated is sufficient.
Tankless is the one that lets you take as much hot water as you want. Have a family of four that all want to take a nice, hot shower? Go wild. Want to just fucking sit under a hot stream for half an hour? You do you, nothing's stopping you. Want to fucking fill up an inflatable pool with hot water? You're fucking mad but if you really want to, you can. Have a tank and want to do any of those things? Tough luck nigger.

Activation time and flow are both memes. Unless you have a really shitty heater, it takes like five seconds - this is only a problem when washing hands, and even then if you really like washing them in hot water it takes minimal patience.

>tankless
Meh tier. You save some money, but instant hot water is much nicer to have
>mili splits
God tier. Installs in 1 hour.

>Tap water is sub 5C
Where the fuck do you live? It's 20C, 10c if hell froze over

"why is my head buzzing"

Can confirm. Moscow has +7 +10 deg c cold water in winter.

>instant hot water is much nicer to have
I'd much rather never have to worry about "running out" of hot water than avoid waiting 5-10 seconds for it to heat up. It's not even instant, anyway, unless all your pipes are also heated or ridiculously well insulated.

>not having central water

Upvoted

>living in communist shithole

I'm somewhat convinced that idiot seppos and poms are using hilariously undersized units then complaining when an undersize unit isn't doing a whole house at once.
Like jeez, even here I've got an 18L/minute unit.

>living in capitalist shithole

Tankless heaters only work if youre house is tiny. Otherwise you sit around for a good minute before getting even lukewarm water.

What if you live in a place where the sun sets at 5 in the winter, average temp -10C, and it snows

see

>what are timers

>God tier. Installs in 1 hour.
installation is so expensive though

>Every time I've used a tank based heater, I run out of water
are you a teenage girl? take shorter showers zoomer

you move south snow nigger

I'm about to rebuild the majority of my house and Planning to remove the gas heating and baseboard heat for electric water heating and air ducts.
I don't care if gas is cheaper if I don't have to bleed radiators and replace a water tank every like 3 years.

If I'm going to destroy my entire house, walls, floors, and all. Is there anything I absolutely must consider that I won't be able to install again?

Also doing fiber lines and usb outlets.
I want the full memehouse experience.

Attached: tenor.gif (498x380, 837K)

>I don't care if gas is cheaper if I don't have to bleed radiators and replace a water tank every like 3 years.
install whole house water filter like pic related, it's very cheap, then get pentek DGD

Attached: 1519975516148.jpg (420x567, 29K)

I'm pretty sure video games conditioned me to enjoy unloading and loading cartridge based anythings.
Ultimate satisfaction.

In my house my washer dryer combo is right below the water heater. I have the equivalent of an American small closet for what Americans have in their garage.

consider heat pumps

>pass a current through a heating element that make direct contact with water
>20A 120V in USA
You only need a ground failure. Designs vary but the ground is often just a wire that sits in the path of the water as it comes out of the showerhead. Current will pass through water yaknow

>Tankless
The delay in heated water is annoying.
>Mini splits
I only need to heat/cool the room I'm currently in. This lowered my power bill significantly.
>Filter
Can confirm I only want to fuck the cuteboys, but no longer want to be a cuteboy. Filter is slowly stopping the gay.

Attached: 1337045315355.png (500x500, 164K)

Have Propane powered German wall unit from Junkers everything is Automagic including Pilotlight. No savety issues

Interesting.
youtube.com/watch?v=14MmsNPtn6U

I need to figure out if this is an actual option for me.
I live in a row home so there's not many places to put something outside of the home unless it can attach to the building off the ground.
There's room in the alley but someone shoved an entire handsaw down my drain pipe so I don't trust people/kids to not fuck with it.