What is AWS used for? Docker? Jenkins...

What is AWS used for? Docker? Jenkins? Can i learn technologies like these in home and then start looking for DevOps faggot kind of jobs?

Attached: docker cute.png (269x201, 11K)

Very expensive ways to waste your companies money because you're too dumb to setup your own server farm.

All those tools are free, you just need to have a project in mind.

>Build website about X, angular frontend or whatever
>Host on free tier EC2 instance on AWS
>Setup Jenkins in docker container and use it to run and deploy builds to AWS

u r devoops nao

>mfw this actually works

Attached: 1477927193063.png (300x263, 56K)

Zoomer bloat

>aws
>expensive

>tree falls down on a power line
>experience global outage
nothign personnel kid

> >tree falls down on a power line
> >experience global outage
Wut
1st off, there are data centers for that which have two independent powerlines and diesel generators for a worst case scenario.
2nd off, 'server farm' may imply multiple servers with failover mechanisms in place over multiple datacenters.
3rd off, compare AWS and traditional prices for the same amount of resources.

>AWS
>free

devops is a meme but it is also hilarious just because it throws sysadmins into autistic rage fits.

Braindead

Lambda

Aws has free tiers for a lot of services. You can’t do a lot with them but you can make some demo of your skills for free

Actually their free tiers are pretty damn generous, enough for a small company to never bother with its own servers.

questions like this are why you're on the HELPDESK

use google

Actually running an instance EC2 with Pi Hole and other services instead of wasting enery and resources at home

LIKE A BOSS

Attached: 20190105_004133.jpg (1417x1890, 477K)

/thread

>well thought out features and services
>No need to hire teams or get into contracts with various providers
>Waste

Ok kid.

Anyone enrolled in AWS Machine Learning Training? I think its free and i may be interested if they teach practical side of things (running some examples on platform). Anyone?

Welcome to 2019. Most zoomers don't even realize servers are a thing anymore. It's all "Cloud" now.

You can literally answer these questions by watching some youtube videos.
To learn them, just download them and start messing around.

Attached: 1520331436759.jpg (210x230, 7K)

AWS: They're a cloud server host. They're like DigitalOcean and Google Cloud. Cloud hosts emphasize having lots of little VPSs and using managed services, which require less upkeep and are more scalable, but also more expensive. Classic bare metal hosts like OVH are cheaper, but have a lot less flexibility and require a lot more upkeep from you. I'd expect to use cloud services in any professional environment that didn't have their own hardware.

Docker: Think of it as a standardized and reproducible way to bundle up, configure, and deploy applications (with all of their dependencies) to servers. Highly recommend to pick up once you're okay at standard linux administration.

Jenkins: It's a continuous integration system. It's old and complex though. I'd recommend using github+circleci instead.

Wait, all your home traffic goes through aws? Isn't that too slow?

I think PiHole is only for DNS. Your actual non-DNS traffic doesn't go through it.

But even relaying all your traffic (exactly what a VPN does) isn't so slow (except for online gaming).