Is it a meme?

is it a meme?

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (250x206, 11K)

no

It's as much of a meme as the likes of Arch and Gentoo, so yeah, it's a fucking huge meme.

Can someone explain to me how they're able to maintain so many different versions? Only distro to have an official musl and gcc build which doubles the amount required

It doesn't double amount of work for maintainers, but surely doubles compile time. Actually, most of the stuff compiles straight away using musl, sometimes only minor patches are required to make code work without GCC extensions.

Yea, problem is when stuff like icu causes half repo to recompile if not more. Sometimes the builder can take days, but other than that it is a great distro for people with a little experience

It just werks on my machine.

Yes

thats the the most minimal OS for your

screeching autism?

prove me wrong

>ponyos

It's the best non-systemd binary distribution out there.

I never said you were wrong.

answer 'yes' and keep retards far from our comfy club.

Yeah I'm jk

been using it for a couple of weeks and love it. This is now a Void general

XBPS is the most sane package manager I've ever used. Runit is the best init I've ever used. Can I set wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd up as runit services? Anyone know how?

All distros that are not ubuntu or based on ubuntu are memes

Install Slackware. I know you faggots are reading this.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-01-06 {404} g - win 10 install committed sudoku, dubs chooses my linux distro for th (1640x4819, 671K)

I've used it before. It's alright.

I also have an LFS install which I prefer. If you want the advantages of Slackware, you might as well go all in.

I'm on Void now because LFS is a huge pain in the ass without a package manager and I was going to code one for fun but XBPS is pretty much exactly what how I would have done it so I'm learning it instead

>muh seekrit treehouse
lol, what a faggot.

You've been asking this a lot so that it would eventually become a meme "ironically".

It only needs 64-bit wine and segafult fixes for musl and it's literally the best distro possible.

Void is most likely kill.
>lead programmer gone
>forums down
>guy in charge of the forums stole donations and ran off with them

??? lead programmer was basically absent for a year when they announced he vanished.

The donations were poorly managed but probably still plenty less than the cost the guy accrued from running them out of pocket the whole time.

They're working on a solution for the forums and if Void overall is likely kill why are people still working on it?

Stop stirring shit.

Repositories sucks
Install Gentoo

its just the new distro the hipsters have flocked to. They'll quickly switch when the next next cool distro comes around.

It's the best distro I've ever used. I've used Parabola, Trisquel, Ubuntu, Debian, etc. It's a day and night difference between Void and Debian.
XBPS package manager is magnitudes better than pacman and apt. It's very very fast to install and remove programs. Searching and listing programs with it is very convenient and command line options make so much sense that you won't need to refer the man page a second time. It doesn't install bunch of unnecessary dependencies for packages and it has very useful mini packages (e.g. xorg-minimal). It has all the hipster minimal packages you need that's not in Debian repos.
It's not a meme like Arch because it comes with an installation script. It does everything other than partitioning. The installation was also very fast and fun unlike Arch.
Runit is amazing. I have never had a problem, i just works, it's fast. I now know why the systemd hate. Everything works just fine without systemd, sleeping, power off, daemons, booting, etc. Booting is of course much faster. And unlike the experience I had with Debian it's very consistent. Killing X, hybernation, powering off, booting, all of these work the same every single time. I don't get an unreasonably slow boot/shutdown one time and a normal boot/shutdown on another time (I had this problem with every systemd distro).
I like that it's rolling release. All the programs work just fine. youtube-dl, youtube-viewer, rtv, etc all work, unlike Debian. If you were using Debian you would have to compile all these from the source because of the ever changing APIs. It honestly baffles me why they keep these kinds of programs in Debian repos when they know that they're going to become unusable in couple of months. And unlike Arch, it doesn't force you to update everyday. With Arch/Manjaro/Parabola if you don't update regularly you won't be able to download software, it'll give you keys error. With Void, I `xpbs-install -Su` when I want to `xbps-install -Su`.

I'll never leave it unless I get an unsolvable major problem.

that's even perfect. Don't everypony think so?

>Compile once and distribute it million times VS. distribute it million times and compile million times
what a waste of electricity.

>wpa_supplicant and dhcpcd
They should be already up and running, dhcpcd is already a runit service. Make your question clearer.

Did they ever solve the disappearance of its primary contributor?

For some reason I need to start them manually every time I start up