Can we put an end to the "you absolutely need high end RAM for ryzen" meme?

While it does provide improvements they're minor and mostly in situations with higher relative CPU load. That means with higher resolutions or mid range GPUs they practically disappear. Unless you already have top range components and money to burn it's absolutely not worth paying double for the same capacity.

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080.png (500x370, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_Memory_Analysis/12.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gains being annihilated at 4k with a 1080.

Attached: perfrel_3840_2160.png (500x370, 20K)

>it's absolutely not worth paying double for the same capacity.
What shithole country do you live in where higher speed RAM is double the cost? I'd gladly pay $5~7 for a ~5% performance increase.

Attached: Capture.jpg (849x738, 104K)

Anything after 2933 seems to not be worth it
2133 is dogshit though

The cheapest 3200CL14 that everyone shills is $190.

Attached: ram.jpg (745x555, 126K)

Fuck that nigger nonsense, just get the 3000MHz CL16 and you'll still come out with maybe a ~4% overall improvement for just a handful of dollars. Even if you go for 3200MHz CL16 that's a $15~20 premium instead of double the price.

2933 cl16-18-18 1.23v reporting.

Now look at 0.1% and 1% lows. Slow RAM = more frametime spikes.

Even at $15-20 you're better off putting it towards anything else except RGB.

average framerate is not a indicator of the erratic framepacing.

>Games 1920x1080

Attached: ppp.jpg (1000x1000, 111K)

Literal brainlet retard

No?

Attached: ryzen2-mem-w3-2.png (830x541, 12K)

>4k
>1080
Are you retarded?

>What if I post Intel benchmarks and disguise them as AMD? Delightfully devilish, OP!

Attached: delightfully devilish 2.jpg (600x315, 23K)

>techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Ryzen_Memory_Analysis/12.html

People don't seem to realize tight timings =/= fast primary timings/frequency

I knew I could get you to post the source. Now to debunk your cherry picking bullshit.

Attached: civ6_1920_1080.png (500x370, 18K)

It's almost as if CPU bound games benefit more than GPU bound games.

Attached: fallout4_1920_1080.png (500x370, 18K)

I call bullshit, I've seen too many benchmarks indicating large(10-15%) bumps in average FPS for CPU-limited games

>I'll debunk your cherry picking of posting the averages by posting individual games

Attached: 1503370402695.jpg (645x729, 57K)

You mean like this one?

Attached: farcryprimal_1920_1080.png (500x370, 19K)

>hurrr let me just average obviously GPU bound and CPU bound games together.

Attached: 1382923054161.gif (518x400, 19K)

>paying double
It was like $20 more to get faster RAM. Given the cost of overall investment in a gaming PC that's a trivial cost to not worry about it

That's how it affects a real configuration. Do you want to run the games at 480p too?

Attached: sniperelite4_3840_2160.png (500x370, 20K)

>couldnt find the source based on the information in OP pic

GUISE GUISE!!

Ram timing is a meme!
See? I play with highest settings + raytracing on 8k, my video card is making funny noises and yet I get 12FPS regardless of which RAM I use.

>real configuratin
>less than 60 fps

Fuck off with your memes.

No because I'm not going to crawl through every benchmark on techpowerup.

does RAM speed matter for Intel as much as it does for AMD?

What about for DDR3 instead of DDR4?

>cant google "techpowerup ryzen ram"
its literally the first result

Because you play tomb raider at 720p on a 2080ti for that competitive edge right?

No. Not even a little. AMD's infinity fabric is specifically RAM-reliant. Intel's RAM scaling is notoriously irrelevant.

Or you could post the link in the OP and pretend you actually wanted to discuss something instead of acting like this is funnyjunk.

Leave it to amd shills to always create a gpu bottleneck when talking about cpus to hide how garbage ryzen is. Typical of pajeets.

Only Anno, Fallout, and Total War ever run at sub 60 at 1080p

I don't know about you but my monitor is 1440p and unless I absolutely have to, I won't be dropping the game resolution to something non-native.

>If gaming
Bottleneck should be on the GPU, that's the ideal scenario. You don't need 240fps because you aren't a fucking esport hero you gigantic faggot.
>if not gaming
Ryzen offers far, far superior price to performance.

The choice is clear, faggot.

>buy a ryzen instead of Intel
>have to spend a shit ton more on RAM because of it
Lol

I actually bought a 1440p monitor so I could drop some games like A Hat in Time to 720p for perfect 2x scaling.

>ryzen
>1080p gaming
LMAO

Attached: 1439761159915.png (342x245, 75K)

>Here's some benchmarks that show RAM speed doesn't really affect gaming
>Why are they running games instead of 7zip

That might work, it might even look better than dropping it to just 1080p. Good thinking, user.

>intel shill gets BTFO
>forgets Jow Forums X can detect samefags

I am reluctant to switch to Ryzen because I already have a HEDT ( [email protected] ) with 2133mhz ram. OCing it to 2400 gives me nothing.

But I really want to get rid of Intel and be back on AMD once again.

This is so retarded. Any chip based on Zen is capable of 60hz at any resolution using any ram.
At 144hz and beyond zen is a poor choice and you shouldn't buy it if that is your goal.
That's it, thats all anyone needs to know.

Anyone with a right to be posting on this board should be absolutely ecstatic that AMD is competitive in the CPU market again. Even if Intel and AMD were equal, having the option of not supporting Intel's bullshit while still maintaining top tier performance is a no brainer.

Intel does not HAVE fans. Nobody likes them as a company, because they're scummy as shit and always have been. The only legitimate reasons to own Intel is if you're already locked in or if you've been tricked by a viral marketer.

>5820k
>HEDT
user... in 3 days your "HEDT" will be on Ryzen 3 levels of performance.

>AMD's infinity fabric is specifically RAM-reliant
IF doesn't scale beyond 1600MHz which is why timings are more important with 3200+ MT/s memory

Ryzen 3000 might provide a bit of an upgrade for you, but it'll be expensive, and not REALLY worth it.

It's not a meme. It's not merely games. Compiling my code base on a 2700X with 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz took around 180 seconds with Clang. When I went into the bio and clocked my ram to 3200MHz, compile times went down 50 seconds, for around 130 seconds. Just by changing the fucking RAM speed. High end RAM is a big deal for Zen, as it can actually put it to use.

/thread

Let get me straight on this...
OP is retarded because he didn't know that some games are more GPU intensive and others are more CPU intensive. In which case, CPU intensive games do benefit from faster RAM?
OK.

>4k
Only retards care

High speed RAM has always made a massive difference in some things, in particular web browsing responsiveness. As long as the memory controller isn't bottlenecked.

My mom's desktop has 800mhz DDR2 in it overclocked to 1150mhz, and my desktop 1600mhz DDR3 overclocked to 2020mhz. It wasn't much more expensive to research memory that was $5-10 more that ran at a much higher frequency.

Things people said about 1080p for $400

fallout will actually scale to 4000+, but starts gaining less after 3600

Attached: nice post.gif (200x254, 1.37M)

It still does bicubic interpolation smearing picture.

>for gaming
Faster the ram, faster infinity fabric works. It affects everything.

The high speed ram for Ryzen meme is because it's the only way that Ryzen becomes competitive in pure cpu performance. Every time there is a comparison in which Ryzen looses, diarrhea fanboys keep shitting out that you need fast ram while intel is relatively unaffected by ram speeds.