Can I do research and an essay on A.I without knowing much about programming?

Currently learning programming at the moment (we are covering arrays) and I have an independent project that has to be completed over the months ahead and I thought about researching A.I but I don't know if it is something that requires prior knowledge before learning it, could you anons tell me if I can do this?

Attached: unnamed.jpg (900x900, 151K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizuna_AI
papers.nips.cc/paper/4824-imagenet-classification-with-deep-convolutional-neural-networks.pdf
github.com/deeppomf/DeepCreamPy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

kizuna is for anal

nobody in the field of AI knows anything about programming, you'll be fine

Really? But you need programming for there to be A.I don't you?

Learn lisp

You can try downloading and playing with Deep Dream. It involves a few Python statements to make it go, but you can copy paste them.

HAI DOMO!

I should explain it isn't an independent game project, its a project about researching and producing an essay and presentation, the topic you choose to cover determines the contents of these three and I want it to be A.I

Honestly it would be much more interesting if you just write up a fluff piece about A.I. in popular media and make the whole thing about Kizuna Ai.

Attached: kizuna ai armpit pussy.jpg (840x1020, 88K)

I could but I am not interested in writing about an unobtainable woman that cannot exist in the real world.

But she does exist.

bump

no you just download tensorflow and tweak a few values and boom you're a data scientist 300k starting any job you want

too late

Attached: Capture.png (1920x1052, 1.38M)

lol no
First off she's just a woman reading scripts, and acted by some cheap chunk modeller
Secondly, "AI" is a fucking meme and at best you're just writing about glorified gpu brute-forcing.

bump

mathematicians design algorithm, codemonkeys write it. coders are over glorified secretaries.

no, there isn't any reason to have a seperate person to write the code and a seperate person to think of it

"""design"""
look at me I can do a little bit of matrix math and remember a couple of big functions which I then modify some values in. Please, when "AI" is actually capable of learning to solve problems outside of its designed set without intervention, as in is an actual intellect, we can talk.

Attached: 1543986014091.gif (298x248, 179K)

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kizuna_AI
>Kizuna's appearance age is roughly 16 years old,[11] though she revealed that she is only five
ABORT ABORT

AI is horseshit. every "AI" news headline to date should actually read:
>a program did exactly what it was programmed to do
true or false

You guys suck at sticking on topic, that op picture was a mistake.

AI is really just a for loops where they change the values until they get the right thing. And they do it by importing a library to do it for them in python. Not really programming.

More like: an optimization algorithm found parameters that made a program do what it was intended to do.

It's even funnier when it's fed objective data from the real world and then they pull the plug because it acts in a completely unbiased objective manner and that's somehow racist and sexist.

Let me tell you what AI is

You put a picture of a cat and label it with CAT
You put another picture of a cat and label it with CAT

Congratulations, you've now made a neural network that tells if an image is cat or not and an expert on the field of AI

Attached: 1546630948489.png (1360x979, 851K)

how did you watch the stream?

downloaded from U2.

*jpopsuki

But what if you both design and write algorithms, and you never use any algorithm that you didn't discover on your own, but sometimes you do use algorithms pioneered by other people but that's only because you come up with them by yourself and then later discover someone already thought of them?

What are you then? If you're someone who does this and you're not a math major and don't know much math, you can't really be called a mathematician, can you? And you must also concede that someone in this situation can't be called *not* a coder, either, if they know how to write the algorithm properly in the first place. Yet, it's just as incorrect to call them a "glorified secretary," considering they're not transcribing anyone's thoughts but their own.

In other words, what's this: a concept of a programmer that doesn't fit your narrow bifurcated worldview?

When you say independent project, what does that mean? Do you have to design something that leverages AI or do you just have to talk about it at a high level? If the former, you're far too early to be able to tackle that--it's not something anyone in programming really tackles until they've gotten 3-5 years of in-industry experience with or an equal amount of solid programming experience with before attempting. If its the latter, then you should be able to do it with your current knowledge and just researching properly.

The AI field is retarded. It's just people jerking off to theoretical statements regarding AI destroying the world and no actual work on the end goal.

Attached: S49911434078.jpg (450x253, 83K)

I'm guessing what you mean by "AI" is neural networks..
TensorFlow gets a lot of flak but it's a good tool. Sure you can download someone else's code and learn nothing, but that's true of loads of shit. If you want to actually learn you are going to need to dig deeper: read some research papers and fiddle with code, try to understand WHY stuff works. If you don't know how to program you better be good at reading algebra.

t. jewed my professors with "machine learning" but actually found it really interesting.

git gud
papers.nips.cc/paper/4824-imagenet-classification-with-deep-convolutional-neural-networks.pdf

>make me a general intelligence then we can talk
Do you understand you're asking for the holy grail?
This is like telling Pythagoras to stop studying stupid triangles and detect some gravitational waves.
To be honest I'm glad your not taking this field seriously, fuck off.

this

I studied law and acquired basic coding skills in no time.

There is literally no reason not to just invest a little time in it. So you at least know how the fundamentals work.

No mathematician has ever sat down and thought "I could use this great algorithm made by another guy but instead I'm going to be a mouth breather and reinvent the wheel, now I'm a real mathematician!"

github.com/deeppomf/DeepCreamPy
Tell me after this that the AI field is retarded

Pro tip: You can't!

yea I'm doing that right now :)

You don't need a background in programming as much as you need statistics

Attached: f98.png (569x802, 690K)

It's for access to higher education.

this, plus teaching myself maths was a phenomenal pain the arse.