I've been watching videos about Terry and I can't stop feeling like I haven't done anything with my life so far

I've been watching videos about Terry and I can't stop feeling like I haven't done anything with my life so far.

What resources did you guys use to learn how to program?

Attached: Terry_A._Davis_in_1985.jpg (420x560, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aelinik.free.fr/c/
functionalcs.github.io/
csd.cs.cmu.edu/academic/undergraduate/bachelors-curriculum-admitted-2017
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Maybe Google it you fucking faggot?

Maybe read the sticky you fucking faggot?

>I've been watching videos about Terry and I can't stop feeling like I haven't done anything with my life so far.
maybe if you try hard enough you can spend the rest of your life coding a useless OS, never having a gf then killing yourself

>never having gf
he does not remember margie. baka.

why is everyone inspired by a schizophrenic who didn't achieve anything worthwhile instead of a sane person who did

>why is everyone inspired by a schizophrenic who didn't achieve anything worthwhile instead of a sane person who did
look at the other person pinned on the Jow Forums sticky

where do you think you are

>What resources did you guys use to learn how to program?
He was programming since he was a kid.
He also went to school and studied electrical engineering.

>didn't achieve anything
ok how about you share with us Your operating system that you have created?

im sorry but, have you wrote your own compiler?

a toy operating system serves no purpose

yes

based.

Learn C. There is a TON of ABSOLUTE NONSENSE in later programming languages, and learning to think like the machine is really important. Computers are fast retards you have to know how to instruct them carefully.
After you learn C you could program in other languages if you want but you will have greatly learned from the experience.

Attached: ark3.png (517x557, 271K)

It was gods third temple. It served a purpose faggot.

no it wasn't, you can't hear god through random numbers, why do you faggots love crazy people so much

one of you pieces of shit is going to shoot up a public square about this retard soon aren't you

C itself is an abstraction on top of lower level constructs, it's not how the machine thinks at all. learning to manage memory, learning defensive programming, etc., those things are important, but any language without GC and with a terrible stdlib can do that

I used this to learn C. Daily reminder that C is one of the most difficult languages to learn, which is why you should learn C first. If you fully understand C you'll be able to program anything, and you'll be able to easily pick up new languages.

aelinik.free.fr/c/

Attached: 1538958713288.png (1751x736, 47K)

You do know that the machine "thinks" in assembly right? C isn't how it "really" works.

C abstractions are unambiguously mappable to Assembly
Higher level languages that run on VMs or use garbage collectors aren't so much

That's asinine. C is a very a easy language to learn because there is nothing to it. A language like C++ is actually hard to learn. Besides something like python it doesn't get much easier to learn than C.

you know that the machine works in microcode right? Assembly is not how it "really" works.

Okay, you and everyone who wants to be a decent programmer should follow these courses at Carnegie Mellow University, or CMU if you're intimate.

Start here:
15-110 or 15-112 if you aren't a complete noob.
Then for some mathematical background: 21-127 and/or 15-151 (if you take both, more power to you)
Later, 15-213, 15-210, 15-214. These will give you a solid background in all things CS related.

If you want to further your education either enroll in college, or check this: functionalcs.github.io/
or look at this if you want to follow CMU's courseware: csd.cs.cmu.edu/academic/undergraduate/bachelors-curriculum-admitted-2017

I dont know why you faggots revel(ed) in watching a man fall hard from grace but it needs to fucking stop.
Despite what all of you faggots say, the Jow Forums and Jow Forums faggots constantly fucking with him, buying him the drum set that got him kicked out, stealing his donations etc is what killed him.

Yes, you're depressed and your life is shit so you like watching a schizo express you wish you could, but it's beyond fucking pathetic now.

It's easy for you to say this, but do you really grasp what you're saying. Terry is immortal. He will live on through the sticky and the minds of people he touched. You're just a mad anonymous faggot who will be forgotten in mere minutes.
I wonder how the real you would compare to the one here on Jow Forums

You're implying I'm jealous of Terry and not mad at all the retards idolizing him

Are you not envious? What drives you to click the thread and make these posts if you don't care for Terry.

Literally 3-4 threads up right now
There's more every day
It's spilling over to other boards too

Honestly I'd pick another hobby if I were you. You see where it got terry...

>You do know that the machine "thinks" in assembly right?
the absolute state of Jow Forums