AMD IS FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Nvidia will support Free-Sync with their next drivers. the last reason to buy AMD is gone.

Attached: 1544823241818.png (343x291, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/01/06/g-sync-displays-ces/
youtube.com/watch?v=nkDkC_Di5TE
youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc&disable_polymer=1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What if I like AMD because they don't burn down my house?

Attached: 1546718495689.gif (480x270, 3.8M)

Nvidia forced to use AMDs standard.

Somehow this makes AMD bankrupt.

cool

i know this meme likes to get spouted around a lot, but i have literally never heard of an intel cpu besides the 9900k actually being a housefire chip

Are you retarded faggot?
They deem 12 fucking models "gsync compatible" whatever the fuck that means

more like, there's no more reasons to buy goy-sync monitors

A couple of years ago, the nVidia GPU in my Thinkpad 420 ran so hot it melted the tim on the cpu and some motherboard components. Had to spend $600 to reball it.

>we have tested 12 panels and can guarantee it works out of the box
>you can enable it for every other panel but no guarantees
>we plan to test every single panel on the market and update our drivers if needed
retard

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I JUST FUCKING BOUGHT A GOYSYNC MONITOR

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

this
they just literally made gsync obsolete.

Reeeee whats the difference between async and gsync

Am I the only (gamer) that's hasn't fallen for this meme sync? I just leave vsync off in fast paced games it's fine with a 60hz panel

Only green goblins could spin this news in such a way...

The real bit of information to gleen from this, is that Ngreedia didn't need to make G-Sync modules at all, and have been fleecing Novidiots, and now that everyone else is adopting the royalty free async standard, Nvidia are forced to stop being goylo's and support the free standard that they can't nickle and dime you with.

Attached: 1546466698184.jpg (1985x753, 147K)

"For gamers who have monitors that we have not yet tested, or that have failed validation, we’ll give you an option to manually enable VRR, too."

blogs.nvidia.com/blog/2019/01/06/g-sync-displays-ces/

>"gamer"
>60hz
>Fast paced games
lol

Serves u right for being a retard that enables nvidias gay shit

>been using a 1070 with a freesync 1080p 144hz monitor
>never really needed adaptive sync because i don't notice any tearing
>think it's going to be good nonetheless for games i drop around or below 60
>tfw my monitor only supports 70-144hz at best

They are trying to rebrand G-Sync and make it a label for premium adaptive sync.
Buy a G-Sync if you want quality, buy an untested Free-Sync for half the price if you are a poor pleb.

>AMD's freesync is better supported than nVidia's G-Sync
>therefore... nVidia is winning.

Attached: TheDumbItHurts.jpg (728x585, 41K)

that was always how they branded gsync though

nvidia will win from this one way or the other. they always win. they'll probably get all these monitor manufacturers to drop their freesync supported certification for nvidias new "gsync compatible" certification because the standards are much more rigorous and also because slapping an nvidia badge on anything makes people buy it more.

Yes moron keep buying 500usd+ (gamer) 144hz+ panels with shit colors

So why would any manufacture waste the time to make their monitors gsync only now
when you only have to implement freesync and hit both of your client markets for adaptive refresh rate monitors?
Nvidia is doing this because of low adoption rates for gsync and I would put money on nvidia slowly phasing out/rebranding gsync and then trying to """revise""" the freesync standard in the future
with """additional features""""
sounds like a leather jacket man thing to do.

I've had a £180 1080p 120hz monitor since 2011

>60hz
lol

This will help them sell tons more rtx cards, freesync was one big advantage and had left

People were buying Vega + freesync because it's a much cheaper combo, now 2070 + freesync is only a couple bucks more

yeah but most graphics card sales are from the $200 range which nvidia has decided to abandon with their $350 2060 that's worse than the 1070 that was released at the same price 3 years ago

the 2060 is faster than a 1070 ti moron. and they haven't abandoned that low end pricing they haven't even announced the 2050 and 2050 ti yet.

>AMD makes a technology
>"Yeah sure you can use it in your products, no problem"
>NVIDIA makes a technology
>”NO!! M-MUH TECHNOLOGY!! DON'T YOU USE IT!!!"

It's faster than a 1070, and the 1070 released at 450 (founders is the real MSRP)

Still a shitty price though, it'll be 250 once AMD competes

My black bull loves amd as well

-f0000

>Nvidia concedes to AMDs open standard after having tried to make their proprietary standard mainstream
>somehow this is Nvidia winning
Silly. It's like saying Microsoft migrating to opengl is a huge blow to Linux.
There's just no association. All this means is that gsync will be a thing of the past.
Seriously are you bots? This was about Nvidia. By implication GPUs.
This is seriously the kind of reply I would expect from a bot.

if(mentioned("housefire")){
protectIntel();
}

Your post isn't associated with the previous post in any way. Your supposed experience is fully compatible with the idea that Nvidia burns down the house of every single customer they have.

>they win automatically
>so it doesn't matter that what they did was counterproductive
Why even post if that's your view.
user you're a fucking moron if you think that was a sensible reply.

i'm not saying it as "my view". i was explaining the reality of this market. everything nvidia does is a win and we all know that. they made gsync and millions bought it up and nvidia won. they say fuck gsync and now millions of people will buy geforce products to use on freesync monitors and nvidia will win again. they're the experts of marketing. amd certainly won't benefit from this because what once was a compelling argument for amd being amd+freesync, is now going to be forgotten and nvidia+freesync will become the new hot thing for gaymers. what nvidia just did was steal amd's thunder.

>my view is fact
>it's a fundamental law of reality that Nvidia wins
Jesus Christ user.
You're such a braindead fanboy we might as well just throw you into the ground right now.

When are the new AMD GPUs due?

590 was released a month ago dude

Also
>they're experts on marketing
You may have a case because frankly if this thread is anything it's filled with posts from you defending how you were deceived by some Nvidia newsletter.

Anyone with just a few grams of braincells would actually see this as Nvidia conceding to a standard they didn't prefer.

You might want to read again what He said, because it has nothing to do with brand loyalty

It's received positively and cost Nvidia literally nothing.

The only company that stands to lose from this is amd.

are you baiting or are you somehow assmad at realizing what i said was the complete truth? if nvidia wasn't winning big from these decisions they wouldn't hold 70%+ of the gaming market. just look at rx580 and gtx 1060 marketshares on steam (i.e. the biggest gaming platform on earth). the 1060 is demolishing the 580 by way of steam marketshare percentage and that's a decent ballpark metric to interpret the wider scale of the market. the 580 does mostly everything the 1060 can do and more such as freesync support yet its selling like shit in comparison. this isn't me saying nvidia is dominating, the facts are right in front of your eyes and you're in denial if you think this move to the open standard of vrr won't end up benefiting nvidia more than it ever did for amd.

i didn't say nvidia wasn't conceding. the obviously did but, as everyone very well knows, this will always end up as a good thing for them. always. everything they've ever done has ended up doing well for them whether it be gsync, gameworks, gtx 700 series or whatever. nvidia always wins and that's a fact of the industry.

fyi i own an r9 390 back home on my gaymen pc. don't mistake me for a fanboy when i'm being a realist here. you're the fanboy who can't accept the probable truth.

>they made millions on Goysync so they're switching to Freesync
What the fuck are you on? You think they're dropping G-sync because it's too successful? Nobody bought that shit. They're switching to Freesync because it won, largely by not being G-sync. AMD isn't winning or losing on this simply because no one was buying a fucking graphics card solely to use monitors AMD was making no money on anyway (or did you forget what the Free in Freesync meant?).

>AMD isn't winning or losing on this

They are losing on this though? Main point of buying a Vega card for the last year was so you could use it with a freesync monitor which is vastly cheaper than a goysync one.

Nvidia just eliminated one of AMDs biggest advantage. People won't recommend Vega + freesync now, they'll recommend 2070 + Nvidia async for the same price.

am i talking to underage here? gsync released to massive success and it was the talk of the town in gaming communities. muh 144hz and muh no tearing was received like some revolutionary tech and it was a successful business for nvidia. they got pretty much every major monitor manufacturer on board with it and even now the the 4k 144hz HDR10 monitors are exclusively gsync. monitor manufacturers wouldn't risk that unless they knew the market was there despite being massively expensive and nvidia could probably guarantee them sales. this move right here is just amd stealing the last of AMD's thunder by securing the poorfag market with support for VRR.

i'm willing to bet that in ~12 months from now there will be more "nvidia certified" VRR monitors on the market than amd ones despite "amd freesync" branding being around for much longer. once again, it's just the reality of this industry.

>nvidia won't sell anymore gsynch chips
>nvidia won't get any royalties from gsynch sales
>AMD won't lose money
>somehow AMD is finished and bankrupt

Novidya retards on suicide watch.

I guess so, Nvidia wants their piece of the action in the poorfag segment.

objectively wrong, they'll still make g-sync chips and market them as a premium option

They have rtx tax instead now, and who's gonna buy Vega now lmao. I could deal with the extra power draw since you saved a ton on freesync Vs gsync but now that's gone.

Hell even the reason to get a 580 over a 1060 was for freesync.

That's why it's called the 420

>spending $600 to "fix" a $200 laptop
Literally why

>objectively wrong

No it's not, if their cards can support the much more affordable freesync and make g-sync more expensive the sales are gonna drop

Only retards would still buy g-sync now.

Free sync monitor was the only incentive Always Making Duds™ offered over noVideo™, faggots chose AMD simply bevause rhey didn't want to spend extra for a (((gsync))) monitor

>amd is gone

nvidia literally failed to promote their premium 400 bucks module because only dead fanboys bought them and somehow this makes amd finished?

>tfw fermi fire was 9 years ago

Attached: 1273008025504.jpg (420x500, 41K)

>reballing

>the last reason to buy AMD is gone.
more like the last reason to buy Ngreedia is gone

so what does gsync even offer over free sync why pay more?

Nothing, really. There are more freesync monitors that are trash but as long as you buy something decent there is nothing gsync does better.

Source?

nvidia still doesn't have open source drivers which means their shitty GPUs don't work out of the box.

If we're being super autistic, like you like to be, AMD has more than 50% of game market, since they supply both Sony and Microsoft with both CPUs and GPUs.

The real reason is 4K TV's with adaptive sync are coming and people are gonna be pissed if their Nvidia GPU's can't use it.

A fool and their money are quickly parted.

>being this much of a fanboy you can't accept reality

shitty consoles have nothing to do with pc gaming or 144hz VRR monitors. nvidia dominates on the desktop. deal with it like everyone else has instead of living inside that bubble of delusion.

reminder: intel and nvidia fanboys should kill themselves

Uhuh.
Tbqh I cbg wasting money on a backlit monitor that will eventually fade and has terrible bleed and other issues
Xled when

Why would anyone play games with more than 15fps anyway

60-150fps is the sweet spot.
30fps is dogshit for anything that's not a cutscene

>he hasn't seen the video
youtube.com/watch?v=nkDkC_Di5TE

They tested 400 monitors and only enabled 12 of them, retard.

>For VRR monitors yet to be validated as G-SYNC Compatible, a new NVIDIA Control Panel option will enable owners to try and switch the tech on - it may work, it may work partly, or it may not work at all.

are you dense?

I don't pay attention to market share. I base my purchases on benchmarks and performance/$, and the rx 580 beats the 1060. AMD's problem is that they have not been able to compete at top end, and all the sheeple go "What's the best GPU? 1080ti? And it cost how much? Oh well, I'll get a 1030/1050/1060 since that's from the same company and they must be good too"
Meanwhile Nvidia is fucking the sheeple in the ass with garbage like the 1030 DDR4 variant.

youtube.com/watch?v=sRo-1VFMcbc&disable_polymer=1

thats LITERALLY A HOUSEFIRE

>still deflecting off topic

no one cares about what you buy and neither do i so spare me the life story. the discussion was nvidia will be spin this into a win for them and the market will follow. that's it. it's not even up for debate and wasn't a question. it was a fact being presented based on other facts. don't like it? go back to your subreddit to complain.

so nvidia once again tries to baptise amd's invention as theirs

Attached: 1a332akwxx821.png (352x768, 99K)

amd didn't make adaptive sync. you have to be seriously deluded to think that.

>Njew can't sell G-oy monitor chips
>Njew somehow winning

kek

So you don't care what I buy? Then why do you care what most other sheeple buy, when AMD has been competitive on price/performance at everything but highest tier?
Everyone with half an analytical brain understands that Nvidia did this because Freesync was a better product, and the fact that brainlets will eat Nvidia's marketing shit does not change the truth.

You got a better monitor than any freesync monitor, so be happy with that. Quality on freesync varies greatly, you get absolute shit tier garbage like 144Hz monitors and VRR only works between 60-80Hz and other asinine shit on freesync.

Wow, Nvidia has these morons throughly brainwashed.
Of course fucking Freesync monitor quality varies, idiot. Freesync is free to implement so it can be found on both cheap 100$ monitors and on 1000$+ monsters. Meanwhile Nvidia has restricted it's Gsync modules to 350$+ monitors, that they add an extra 150$ to, with their jewery.

>there are bad freesync monitors
>therefor all freesync monitors are bad
nice logic there. The FS2735 is probably still the best adaptive sync monitor around. Guess what technology it uses

Without failure, every 5 years or so, AMD are taken to court over their exaggerated claims, their underhand tricks and their outright lies. NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING, will ever convince me to buy an AMD product. It started with their Athlon chips after the court cases revolving around those back about 16 years ago when they used to put some shit number on their chips to fool everyone into thinking they were buying a 2ghz chip when in fact they were getting 1.6. Would never in a million billion years ever trust AMD again, wouldnt give em the snot off my nose

Intel and Nvidia have done far worse.

>adaptive sync

you do know VESA implemented adaptive sync almost 2 fucking years after amd released freesync right?

jokes on you, i'm using VIA and matrox

i didn't say i care about these individual people. i have no personal attachment to you or them. i made an observation based on the current market climate about how this decision will affect both nvidia and amd. i'm not talking about consoles or having a direct discussion about gpu wars (i briefly mentioned an example of the market climate regarding gpu sales). i never claimed nvidia did or did not think the display port standard was better, just simply expanded on how this will most likely end up benefiting them whilst negatively affecting amd. if people are already not buying amd gpu, and the biggest exclusive reason there was to buy one has just been taken away from them, what reason would people buy them now? they won't and history tells us so.

i have a freesync monitor and it only does 90-144hz which fucking sucks. i didn't even know gsync monitors have a range of 1-144hz till today when i read nvidias certified monitors page. it's definitely a better technology but the extra cost it demands is debatable. i wouldn't mind paying ~$100 more for a gsync monitor with a range like that and some good QC regarding features like ULMB and HDR.

So it works without the $300 module after all?

Attached: 795.png (853x480, 404K)

Except Athlon DID BTFO Pentium and ebin did BTFO Xeon, hell even Threadripper did. Now's the time for Ryzen to BTFO the rest of Intel's offerings.

do you know G-Sync existed before freesync did?

Stay mad AMDrone. Freesync is no quality control garbage, there's a reason why AMD had to make Freesync 2 with at least some level of quality control because consumers didn't want garbage yet its still not as good as gsync. >FS2735
>Best monitor around
165hz gsync 1440p IPS has been around for awhile, 144hz stuff is definitely not the best anything.

Attached: 1534789397725.png (561x686, 67K)

>Except Athlon DID BTFO Pentium
BULL FUCKING SHIT

>benefiting
>crippling their income from overpriced g-sink snake oil.

Pick one.

Attached: 1546819222452.jpg (577x365, 84K)

>i didn't even know gsync monitors have a range of 1-144hz
they do not. Depending on the model they go down to ~30Hz. Just like good Freesync monitors. Current panels don't allow lower refresh rates. LFC is used if the frametimes go over the lower treshold and the monitor has a ratio of lower refresh rate/lower range >2

freesync and freesync 2 are based on the same VESA adaptive sync spec. Are you retarded?

>higher refresh rate
>better monitor
yes, you are retarded

>what is the mining bubble

>last train to buy AMD
Better open-source drivers, better company, better Linux performance, the WattMan utility…

>better monitor
For gaming? Yes. Noone is doing pro grade color work on any 1440p 144hz or 165hz monitor dumbass.

>90-144hz
holy shit you got cucked
Sell this pos and get something with at least 70-144 range, that way if your fps drops below 70fps the monitor displays the frame twice to keep the panel in the range.