RIP OLED: MICRO LED IS THE FUTURE AND SAMSUNG HAS WON THE GAME

engadget.com/2019/01/06/samsung-wall-window-4k-ces/
theverge.com/2019/1/6/18168793/samsungs-75-inch-microled-4k-tv-pitcure-quality-ces-2019
cnet.com/news/samsung-shrinks-the-wall-microled-modular-tv-down-to-75-inches-ces-2019/
techhive.com/article/3331300/ces/samsung-showing-219-inch-wall-micro-led-tv-at-ces.html

Remember when Jow Forums would make fun of you if you didn't buy an OLED TV?

Micro LED is inevitably going to make them regret buying a MEMOLED.

RIP OLED.

MICRO LED IS THE FUTURE AND YOU KNOW IT.

ALL OF THE BENEFITS OF OLED AND NONE OF THE DRAWBACKS.

HAHAHAHAAH

Attached: DwSDlQmVsAArQWY.jpg:large.jpg (1200x1600, 298K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jMzLPSaB_DQ
youtube.com/watch?v=E4mPokbZl10
youtube.com/watch?v=jMzLPSaB_DQ&t=0s
tomsguide.com/us/lg-display-88-inch-8k-tv-speaker,news-28977.html
walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-32-Class-HD-720P-Smart-LED-TV-D32h-F1-2018-Model/871178965
rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

for the small price of $29.999

Why does she look familiar

She's a big dumb flightless bird?

She reminds me of an actress, forgot the name

Kaitlin Olsen?

If Samsung can perfect MLED at panel sizes and prices for the mainstream good. Rumors are that LG will be launching top emission OLED this year which should result in increased native brightness so that the panels don't have to be driven as hard for an equivalent amounts of nits and results in better lifespans. Progress is being made on the tech and more fabs are going to be coming online ahead of 2020.

Samsung needs an answer other than the disingenuous marketing of their conventional LCDs vs. OLED.

> being this blind
looks nothing like her.

>samsung comes up with some bullshit misleading terminology for basically the same tech and calls it better
>it isn't
they do this all the time

>Remember when Jow Forums would make fun of you if you didn't buy an OLED TV?
No, it's been panned by everyone here since release, mostly due to burn-in faults.

>Rumors are that LG will be launching top emission OLED this year
It's still dead tech because it's organic.

Attached: how-women-take-photos.jpg (500x356, 34K)

is that key to a chastity belt?

oled buyers are rich fags that will get a microled anyway.
who and why are you laughing?

>oled buyers are rich fags
Have told this story on here before. Christmas, 2 years ago, was going to get a 65 inch OLED for $1,800. Decided to wait one day and see in amazon would lower it post-christmas. Whatever happened, the next day they I went to buy it and it was fucking $3,400. Whether that night apple and samsung decided to commit to OLED screens, not sure but price almost doubled in one night.

Lol retard.
If you bought it early, you can always return it.

youtube.com/watch?v=jMzLPSaB_DQ

The 2019 models will have HDMI 2.1 which means they'll be getting 120Hz true input and VRR and it's theorized that they will get more aggressive BFI which should lower MPRT.
youtube.com/watch?v=E4mPokbZl10

>LE BIG TBEE
okay. but make one with a 27'' size and show how it's better than current technology

>If you bought it early, you can always return it.
I was waiting for my check I deposited that day to fucking clear asshole.

>The 2019 models will have HDMI 2.1 which means they'll be getting 120Hz true input and VRR and it's theorized that they will get more aggressive BFI which should lower MPRT.

This looks cool, thanks. i think within 5 years or so we'll just be able to sort of unroll our "TV Screens" onto the wall like a map. i was going to get a "projector" a few years ago, glad I didn't.

This looks fucking cool. Did anyone else see that glorious Nippon is now streaming in 8k? If the US could take all the money from "diversity quotas" and "transgender bathrooms" and put it into fucking tech, maybe we could have 8k streaming too. While the US is engaged in a suicidal "multicultural experiment," the japs and chinks are just marching forward and laughing.

she hit the wall kek

I'm cool with that. Bought a 3x 4k setup last year. In 5 years when I'm about to replace it mled is gonna be affordable. Very comfy knowing I'm not a retard and did good.

Why do female mutts have such large mouths?

kek. the memes write themselves

too many levels of irony in one post here

>go into store
>look at oled
>look at mled
>look at regular led
>basically all looks the exact same except price is literally 10x as much
I thought the future was suppose to be full of hope and promised of greater things

>posting iJust teen instead of based Vincent
youtube.com/watch?v=jMzLPSaB_DQ&t=0s

To swallow our gigantic cocks, Muhammad.

margot robbie?

Dude, LED LCD TVs cost that much when they first came out, as did 4k TVs. Give it three years and they will be down to normal prices

>poor
>waste money on oled
get your priorities right

Post the advert disclaimer next time

Attached: IMG_20190107_105027.jpg (1080x1523, 439K)

Wide dental arch = male.

THE WALL WILL WIN

BUILD IT

>Wide dental arch = male.
You mean...normal.

Wide dental arches are how you don't get crooked teeth and snaggleteeth.

OLED or microLED, we all get to continue paying Samsung tax on it.

I still want muh Micro LED

t.tranny lover in denial

This. Incels always miss it. Love you, Justine!

finally
OLED meme lived long enough

There was never any argument that oled is a temporary solution. Infinite contrast, fast response times and power efficiency were already worth it over LCD, this is simply another nail in the LCD coffin.

Check your eyes, blind retard. Also, there's no such thing as a consumer LED display.

>he thinks having crooked teeth and weak chin is normal
sup britbong

Indeed! Incels are incels because they usually have narrow dental arches which cause them to have bad facial aesthetics. Nobody wants to kiss some disgusting loser with a fucked up smile.

tomsguide.com/us/lg-display-88-inch-8k-tv-speaker,news-28977.html

kek retard

basedboy

>Micro LED is inevitably going to make them regret buying a MEMOLED.

>yfw ledfags will only get to see the benefits of oled in 2022 when this shit actually reaches the market

Lindsay Lohan?

>BRUH OLED IS TOTALLY NOT THE SAME SHIT AS "MICR"OLED

Micro LED = MemeLED

hahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaa

I would pay 4K for the 75" one

Attached: the_foid.jpg (1200x1600, 911K)

>OLED is on the consumer market
>µLED is in the lab
OLED wins for now.

blind faggot

kys

That's iJustine you dumb fucks

Is the input lag, response time and/or refresh rate better on these than on regular LCD?

I like that you can basically build 4:3 monitors with this technology at least, should make it easier to replace CRT monitors in old arcade cabinets.

More like
>over 35s
>under 35s

I work for a company which manufactures LED displays and I can confirm that all displays on the market can reach refresh rates of 1000+ Hz, however at rates above 240 Hz you need more expensive hardware to send data to the individual LED controller cards. Really there is no comparison between OLED and LED since these types of LED displays are modular and have modular data transmission systems too which means you can easily replace faulty sections of a screen... the only caveat is that the contrast ratio of LED modules is generally much worse than LCD/OLED screens

Attached: 1520110047784.png (1920x1080, 1.02M)

Every year, they advertise all these amazing technological advances in displays. And yet the only technology that remains mainstream and reasonably priced is the same backlit LCD trash we've been using for 20 years now.

Everyone who ran out buying OLED TV’s and phones are the biggest fucking tools ever, I am very glad I’ll jump over MEMOLED with cellphones too as I intend on using my iPhone 8 until microLED is out

Attached: 043C4D81-257E-4D73-BB27-278DCC25FC61.png (500x566, 75K)

>I thought the future was suppose to be full of hope and promised of greater things

Attached: 1528016772379.jpg (443x455, 40K)

>I thought the future was suppose to be full of hope and promised of greater things
Part of growing up is learning this isn't the case unless YOU make the change.

>I was waiting for my check I deposited that day to fucking clear asshole.
That’s what credit cards are for you child

>modular
gross

Attached: LB4YACU[1].jpg (969x689, 72K)

why are kids so sensible to advertisement? i bet you NEED a mirco led tv now

>I work for a company which manufactures LED displays

You mean LCD displays.

>the only caveat is that the contrast ratio of LED modules is generally much worse than LCD/OLED screens
>LED modules

MicroLED modules?

$30 for a tv? Jesus when can we get this tech?

I'd love a MicroLED monitor.
But such a thing doesn't exist yet.
I just want Contrast > 5000:1 without it having to worry about pixel life like on OLED (also not really available for monitors, for that exact reason)

For now I'm happy with my existing 3000:1 monitor.

I want one. Why wouldn't I? It's better than OLED and it will replace my LED.

No, I'm pretty sure he means LED displays - like the type used in advertising on the side of the road at eye-piercing brightness.

walmart.com/ip/VIZIO-32-Class-HD-720P-Smart-LED-TV-D32h-F1-2018-Model/871178965

Checkmate, retard

I wish I had that chin.

except, we still cant even get a computer monitor size OLED. So at this rate MicroLED wont be available in a computer monitor for another decade

No, there is no LCD.
Each pixel is either an RGBW LED or is made up of a quad of R+G+B+W LEDs.
I've seen some with Pentile patterns too, but they seem rare due to the controller requirements.
I only worked with them for a few months whilst temping for advertising company though, the other user should know more.

can you not fucking read?

what resolutions do they have?
are you in the S and if so what was the pay rate and what was your job title?

*US

The RGBW displays; what is their largest resolution? Also, what kind of video input does it use?

is her mouth all stretched out huge from sucking nigger cock?

I'll buy a 75" MicroLED when it's
>Made by Sony
>costs $2,500 or less

>Remember when Jow Forums would make fun of you if you didn't buy an OLED TV?
I only remember Jow Forums making fun of people who bought OLED because of the burn-in.

Are you Chin-chan?

>Jow Forums is the loud retarded anons with the wrong opinions and not the anons with the clearly correct opinions
what the fuck is wrong with you?

>being an OLED sympathizer
yikes

I still have my 1080 SDR LED because I never know what else to buy. OLED is too expensive for a 75", but everyone tells me that's the only thing to get, now they'll come out with this and it'll be huge money for it also.

Attached: 1498747525761.jpg (754x1158, 103K)

oled is objectively the best display tech. anything that cant achieve true black is automatically shit. so what is it you think is better than oled? crts are blurry and fuck huge.

youre only argument against oled is burn in, which isnt an argument, since you can just repair or replace the display when it gets bad. any other argument is made up bullshit

the only reason to not have oled is because *you* arent good enough for it

>TV becomes unusable within 2 years of daily use
>HURRR NOT AN ARGUMENT
fuck you

>having to replace your TV once a year due to burn in and then having to outright buy a new one after it burns in again after its warranty is expired
nah
Quantum dots are a suitable alternative until MLED is standard

>being a burger and not getting 5-6 year warranties on TVs

The burn in thing is largely a meme unless you watch the stock channel on full brightness 12 hours a day. This is like back when they said the same shit about plasma, and oled is even harder to burn in than plasma. I had a Kuro for a decade and it was fine, never got any burn in.

OLED is not a good choice in a bright living room if you watch the talking heads all day, but otherwise it is a good choice.

Don't fall for the "burn in" anti-oled campaign done by companies that don't make oleds.

>is her mouth all stretched out huge
Do you have a tiny mouth, user? That's a normal human mouth.

>imagine Trumps wall but with MicroLED
holy shit im dying

rtings.com/tv/learn/real-life-oled-burn-in-test

Commit suicide

I fully agree with this. I've had an LG oled since 2016 and it's fucking great. Burn in is only an issue if you leave something up 24/7.

LG doesn't do RGB OLED, it's W-OLED (a white pixel only OLED panel as a backlight for an IPS LCD panel)

They survive longer but are not immune either.

Read his comment, then read what you linked to faggot. They are leaving them on 20 hours a day and the only one that shows burn in is the CNN one. Do you need 20 hours of CNN a day user?

Sure but in practical use you will never cause burn in. Just be aware that burn in is a trade off for perfect blacks and don't do 12 hour gaming sessions.

Oled burns in and whites yellow with regular daily use. Commit suicide. This is a fucking fact.

Not really

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1200x788, 258K)