/pcbg/ - PC Building General

!!CES Jan. 8 - 11. Strong advisory to buy after CES announcements!!

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on some MSI mobos)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-9700k/8700k - Extreme setup with RTX 2080/Ti
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3000CL15 or 3200CL16 is ideal
>All AMD chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>GTX 1060, RX 570, RX 580 are standard choices
>GTX 1070/Ti if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
1440p
>GTX 1070/Ti and Vega 56 are standard choices
>RTX 2080 if you're looking for very high (100+) framerates and you have a CPU and monitor to match
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 is the standard choice
>RTX 2080Ti is better for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless
>rentry.co/pcbg-more

Previous:

Attached: antec_1100_eleven_hundred_warlords_of_draenor_wow_world_of_warcraft_iron_horde_giveaway4.jpg (551x732, 294K)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.hardware.info/productreview/4545/sharkoon-vg4-w-blue-by-dvjrickkraft
nl.hardware.info/reviews/8991/16/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-review-moderne-mid-ranger-met-pittig-prijskaartje-benchmarks-hardwareinfo-gpu-prestatiescore-2018-2
youtube.com/watch?v=b4Kfrc3kk_c
youtube.com/watch?v=9mxjV3cuB-c
computerbase.de/2019-01/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-test/3/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Aight peeps

Anyone with a RX570 that hasn't had any problems with 18.12.2 or 18.12.3

OH NO NO NO NO NO
AMD FINISHED AND BANKRUPT

Attached: 4ff6cca.jpg (1121x1369, 105K)

My dads computer died and I need something to replace it on the cheap. It was a Athlon X2 with 2GB of DDR.

I have a case, PSU, GPU, HDD, and 2GB of DDR2 I could salvage. I dont have spare components to test what died (suspect its a corrupted BIOS) so I would rather just buy a new CPU/Board combo (and possibly different RAM if necessary).

What would be the best CPU/board combination to look for on the second hand market that would be suitable for running windows 7 and Firefox? That is literally all my dad uses the computer for which is why I would rather not spend a lot.

Nvidia moved to supporting Freesync because everyone else supports it and poorfags can now buy low and midrange Nvidia cards without needing to pay G-Sync tax.

In the end AMD gets rekt, you don't need to buy a crappy AMD card anymore and you get to keep your monitor.

Suck my fucking dick Newegg

It doesn't make a 1060 any less pointless for its current price.

resident AMD peddler on suicide watch ayyy

works in my state

>Literal week-long processing times
>30 miles away from their warehouse yet they can't get anything to me in under 10ish days

Can I complement my 8Gb single RAM stick two dual channel 4Gb sticks? Does this not even work or is it just a bad idea in general from a cost/performance perspective? Is there any motherboard specification that allows this.
Or am I just better off selling my current 8Gb RAM and getting two new 8Gb ones

Hi lads. Im looking to buy new ultrawide monitor for gaming(i have one for work, moved it to office) so need new one for home. So basic recs
>1440p at least,100hz at least and gsync
(Saw that gsync will also work on freensync monitors, but support list is short af)
>videocard I use
1080 Ti
>budget
Around £800

if you can buy a matching 8gb stick of ram that would probably work best.

Some c2duo or c2quad

>400 tested
>12 passed
WHY

775?

Just get a working low end used one off of your website of preference from someone who is upgrading. Anything onboard with 4Gb DDR3 and a dual core 2.w/e will do

Because monitor and penals are simply shit there's no truly good screen out there and qc is terrible all across the board.

My problem is exactly finding this very same one. I'm only finding suspicious used ones. Local Stores are out of stock on it ( I live in a 3rd world shithole)

fair enough. remember, don't bother with ram with heatsinks if you're not overclocking. DRAM runs fine with a bit of cooler airflow from the cpu

I have an ATX case that has a pretty awful design. Allows for two frontal 120mm fans but only one can actually be installed without it being blocked by cables and such. It's this one in particular.

uk.hardware.info/productreview/4545/sharkoon-vg4-w-blue-by-dvjrickkraft

Anyways, I was looking for ways to improve airflow even if the case isn't all that great. Would it be worth removing the hard drive cage and using some sort of brackets to install the hard drive at the top, where CD/DVD drives are supposed to be installed?

I'm concerned that I'm getting the same temperatures with -and- without the frontal fan installed, which tells me that either that fan is absolute shit (I checked and it is working, though), there's no point on using it at all or it's not doing its job at all because it's being blocked by the fucking cage.

Digital foundry:
>RTX 2060 is faster than Vega 56 in 10 of 11 games tested

Interesting. For $350 + adaptive sync support I guess Nvidia are going after those potential Vega buyers.

Some interesting results

Attached: 2060.jpg (2563x1440, 1.6M)

Attached: 2060.png (588x598, 48K)

This benchmark shows it only has slightly better value than the vega cards. I wonder if amd is gonna counter with price cuts.

Source, btw (Dutch):
nl.hardware.info/reviews/8991/16/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-review-moderne-mid-ranger-met-pittig-prijskaartje-benchmarks-hardwareinfo-gpu-prestatiescore-2018-2

Why did I bought a second hand 1070 3 months ago

Attached: FB_IMG_1534249371206.jpg (157x160, 3K)

Are two 200mm fans on a 360 radiator fine or do I need 3 120mm ones?
Front case has them positioned directly on the radiator. Just a tiny piece isn't fully covered by them.

my 2700X just arrived, can't wait to build this.

Intel - Core i5-9600K 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor$340.00

(Purchased)

CPU Cooler

Fractal Design - Celsius S36 87.6 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler$114.48

Motherboard

Asus - PRIME H310M-D Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard$80.00

(Purchased)

Memory

G.Skill - Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 Memory$119.99

Storage

Samsung - 970 Pro 512 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive$167.99

Samsung - 860 Evo 1 TB 2.5" Solid State Drive$147.99

Seagate - BarraCuda 4 TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive$98.05

Seagate - FireCuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Hybrid Internal Hard Drive$99.89

Video Card

Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB Video Card

Price data not available

Case

Aerocool - QUARTZ RGB ATX Mid Tower Case

Price data not available

Power Supply

FSP Group - HEXA+ 500 W ATX Power Supply

Price data not available

Any help?

So Zen2 is not going to be announced on CES and there will be only mobile CPUs? Shit.

>!!CES Jan. 8 - 11. Strong advisory to buy after CES announcements!!
I cancelled my order because of this, and now prices are higher than before.

What's the best manufacturer for B450 motherboards? Price range is 120$ max. I was thinking of MSI B450 gaming plus.

>that mobo
>purchased
It's already over

yes, go to pcpp and redo this list (hint: your cpu and you mobo don't really match)

>another victim of the amd shilling
classic

what the fuck same here.
rtx 2060 seems like an actually decent card, even with the raised price. leave it to amdrones to shit on if for any reason though.

What's a good AM3+ motherboard still being sold today?

Wtf, at least make the prices go down in Russia, reeee.

I thought when I saw those rtx 2070/80 and I was like "nah they just a little faster 1080/ti with gigameme, I guess 2060 has the same performance as 1070 or a bit more"

And then they memed us with a 1080 performance, a little close to 2070 in some cases according to digital foundary. Wow.

Attached: FB_IMG_1530513812268.jpg (480x360, 36K)

same, i was thinking 'rtx 2060 will be twice as expensive and probably barely better' and look at this shit. i waited YEARS before building a pc and i could've waited few extra months for like 40% better performance.
oh well i guess shit moves forward and you can't predict this, though maybe i should be kicking myself for buying pascal so long after its release.

What is the estimated cost of the 2060?

$350

Prob the worst purchase of my entire PC career but oh well, maybe it can hold up a few years more but until then I'm gonna actually be a amdrone now lmaoa and maybe looking for amd options

Attached: FB_IMG_1538380260503.jpg (960x960, 29K)

>$350 for a low tier mid range card

What the hell

That in USD? That’s still kinda exy but damn that’s a really solid price. I’m rocking a 1060 6gb but I might dump it for 300 and grab one of those

pls respond

buy rtx now; or a used 108ti; or wait to see if AMD can stop being a dead horse?

MSI handsdown. Not sure what currency that’s in but you should be able to get a Bazooka or a Gaming Plus with that

What's wrong with Asus?

>he paid for g-sync

Attached: 1545902703806.jpg (359x478, 47K)

>rocking a 1060 6gb but I might dump it for 300
how the hell are you gonna sell it used for 300
I bought mine new for $255

What are some good platforms for building my own laptop?

it's $100 less for gtx 1070ti performance. as for prices blame amd for not releasing anything competitive.

>he thinks adaptive sync won't be a mess with the drivers just as ray tracing is

Attached: forsenKek.jpg (1024x957, 71K)

Stay cucked faggot and keep buying nvidia. I hope nvidia fucks you in the ass as hard as possible. You deserve it.

The 1060 provided gtx 980-like performance for $250.

t. buttblasted amdrone
how's your housefire gpu?

You have no idea how happy I am nvidia is fucking you in the ass.

It's actually a 1080 performance according to some reviewers, but still gonna wait for more benchmark tests

>being this mad

What if I want more than 2 slots for RAM? Any good ATX mobo?

MSI B450 A-Pro or Tomahawk. They are the same board but Tomahawk has gaymer looks.

>he's both figuratively and literally butthurt

What's with the widespread shortage of custom RTX 2080 TIs? I'm trying to avoid the founder's edition failure rate issues but I can't find a decent EVGA or gigabyte (ideally triple fan) RTX 2080 ti for the life of me.

Also, I'm planning on running this with the i9-9900k. I'm aware that they run hot so I'll try to pair it with a Noctua D15 cooler. Will this offset the temperature problem?

Attached: 1546617582305.png (1327x1222, 69K)

>vega64-tier performance for 100 bucks cheaper
>all these benchmarks
youtube.com/watch?v=9mxjV3cuB-c
computerbase.de/2019-01/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2060-test/3/

N-navi is going to fix it all, r-right?

Attached: Shadow-of-the-Tomb-Raider-FPS-1920x1080-DX12-SMAAT2x-Highest-1.png (892x532, 76K)

Attached: relative-performance-games-1920-1080 (1).png (500x1490, 96K)

wait for intel gpu superpower 2020 lol

*chiller not included

Attached: 1546798132853.jpg (3840x2160, 796K)

>buys K cpu
also buys absolute trash mobo with VRM that will overheat on stockclock when he could have invested like 20-30$ more and get a z390 which would have done the job perfectly and even have enough headroom for OC

get the Gigabyte Z390 GAMING X or if you are a cheap monkey Gigabyte Z390 UD they have the best VRMs for mobos that are affordable.

>trash AiO

if you have to buy into the AiO meme get a Krakken or a corsair one...

>3600mhz meme

get 3200 with good timings

>cheaps out on the most important part of your whole pc with a random noname trash PSU

you either buy a evga or a seasonic psu and get 600W-650W, because full load gonna pull 500w if not a bit more don't go lower than gold cert.

>blower style gpu

just neck yourself for buying blowerstyle... buy an aftermarket cooler for it because it gonna heat throttle like a motherfucker

all in all one of the worst build I ever witnessed

yeah wtf is that mobo

Attached: 1534414649689.jpg (952x960, 41K)

What's the difference between MSI B450 A-Pro and the Gaming plus?

1070 anons, hope this atleast make you feel better. atleast the 2060 isn't able to archive the 1080 performance without ocing

>tfw on top of image specs, quality, performance and general quality control you also have to research if a monitor does or does not work with an nvidia gpu
>and if so, how well it will also work with a nvidia gpu

I motherfucking called this a week ago, 2019 will be a headache for monitor purchase.

Attached: 1533740028939.jpg (500x504, 30K)

>being so poor you have to worry about such things

>g-sync tax costs up to €500 extra on some models compared to the freesync model

You don't get rich by being stupid.

Brother wants to get into 3d Printing, what kind of horsepower is needed to run the software? Budget would probably be under 500 dollars for the PC

>AMD do free stuff
>Wow, nice job nvidea using a standard

Just picked up a very lightly used mini-itx with
1070, msi z370i carbon ac, 8gb 2400 vengeance, i7 8700, evga 430w, corsair watercooler, and two ssd’s for $800 usd. Its performing quite well for my tastes (mostly bought for streaming and possibly to bring my Siemens NX work home with me)
Here is my bench test, already ordered another stick of matching ram, and running on a 4k LG monitor.
Any ideas where to go from here? Did I even do well? Keeping in mind that I am VERY cheap when it comes to these things. (Posting from my phone hence the pic of screen)

Attached: B51B2FE0-02CF-4982-909C-1CE2C4148402.jpg (1365x1125, 389K)

1070tis were on sale over holiday for MSRP 2060 prices. If you think these cards are coming out at MSRP you're delusional. This is a $400+ card unless you snag a reference model from nvidia's website.

Is 4K vidya a meme right now?

>decent monitor is another 500 shekels
>Even the money blackhole 2080 TI can't hit 60 fps in every game

I paid $550 for a used macbook pro 2012 non retina with an i7 and 650m 4 years ago that runs everything up to Fusion just fine. Slicing can take a while but overall what I’m saying is that basically anything nowadays can build a print just fine.

>MSRP says $350
This is gonna be over €500 in europe, isn't it?

Attached: 1538681575185.jpg (530x530, 69K)

Not necessarily a meme, but as you said it's a money black hole. I mean of course every benchmark you see is done on ultra and dropping some settings will get you what you want. But who the fuck is willing to spend $1000+ on a card and then compromise?

pls respond

Less than before.

People who say you can't run 4K at 60fps typically use the latest AAA cinema game with maxed out settings as an example. Which is a load of bull, you don't need to compensate for the low amount of pixel density with equally much anti-aliasing anymore, and some settings are very taxing on your system and only brings one tenth of visual improvement compared to core settings. Personally I think framerate and resolution gives better visual quality compared to meme settings in games.

It was worse before when we didn't have good gaming adapted monitors in 4K and the hardware was just enough to hit high fps in 1440p. Now we have good monitors available as well as the hardware to back it up. The only issue is the price, but you are paying for premium quality so its not entirely illogical.

I think the only meme around right now is that you should buy the 2080ti because its a good "investment", considering that it might take nvidia three or four years before they release something that beats it and thus you will put it through good use.

The Gaming Plus probably has a better overclocking capability.
Look for yourself.

Gaming has fatter heatsinks for its VRM and chipset.
A-pro has a VGA port

They are basically the same board.

I can get a Gigabyte 1070 for 375 eurobux instead of 470, should I? Or is it true that Nvidia gimps older cards to push the newer gen models?
Current card is a Sapphire 380X.

Used or new?

new

>my top of the line gpu, 780ti, cost €500 4 years ago
Why the fuck are GPUs so expensive now a days?

Will gsync work with this monitor?

Attached: Screenshot_20190107-130301.png (720x1280, 352K)

They usually don't give older generations optimizing drivers that will "improve" the performance in certain games. But that typically involves a limited number of new aa or aaa games that were badly optimized from the start.

Can't tell if its a good deal where you live but buying a 1070 today isn't to bad.

Diminishing returns in technological development. And nvidia milking the market as well. Expect everything to cost more in the future if you want more power.

You will have to research that yourself.

Check ebay I think you’ll find one there easily. As for the 9900k cooling solution, I spent less than $50 on a scythe fuma and got up to 5.1ghz with healthy temps.

Well for one thing some of them are being discontinued.

>crappy AMD card
AMD kills NVIDIA at the mainstream $250 and below price range.
I have a 1070 so you can't call me a shill.

Why the fuck can't I find a 4 slot 1150 mobo, I'm literally going crazy.

You can buy a 1070 Mini for 299€, sell Fortnite for 40€ and be a Happy FHD man. In Germany at least.

If I don't buy ripjaws RAM, which one should I go for? It's out of stock until the end of the month.