Raytracing is too expens-

>Raytracing is too expens-

Attached: 1546873153903.jpg (1920x904, 157K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9mxjV3cuB-c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

-ive

-ive

Attached: images.jpg (216x233, 10K)

youtube.com/watch?v=9mxjV3cuB-c
Enjoy your shit taytracing performance

cope is strong with this one

RTX is not ray tracing.

AMD had ray tracing before novideo
cry more shill

30fps 1080pee
yes.

30 fps 360p
if AMD ever releases RT shit it would btfo Nvidia

Literally all other xx60 silicon from previous gens had an MSRP of $300 or less. This is edging into xx70 price territory

Just another gimmick that nobody will use after a couple years, remember PhysX and etc?

:')

Physics didn't go away, there was just to need for dedicated hardware.

Beside gaming and 3d rendering, what's the point of ray tracing?
The only reason I'm interested in GPU is meme learning. The integrated intel graphics is enough for all my intensive purposes, beside neural net training and inference.

Raytracing in 2019 is like anti-aliasing in 1999. Eventually it'll be common, but it'll be some years yet before the hardware gets powerful enough to do it properly and before applications (read: vidya gaymes) start getting programmed to really take advantage of the capability, outside of a few tech-demo titles.

Oh cool, I can turn my games into a nice looking Powerpoint presentation.

Agreed. Raytracing is still in its infancy right now, and not many software devs have adapted it, especially for gaming devs.

1440p 60fps on the 2060

I dont even care about pootracing, the fact that i can get near gtx1080 performance for 350$ is good enough for me desu

Attached: 1532317369496.jpg (350x277, 17K)

kek this timeline so far
>Novidya releases another half-assed half-broken implementation, AMD already did that, and did it better, as usual Ngreedia bribes and shills their way to the top, and as usual Nvidiacucks suck it up like so much Huangcock.

Still loving my Asynch Compute, novidyafags get fucked again :^)

By then AMD will have it on their cards, with no perf hit from enabling it.

>Raytracing is still in its infancy right now

Realtime raytracing. Just about every CGI movie uses raytracing now.

I hate Nvidia so fucking so much. $400 for a fucking low-mid range card holy shit.

>at a cinematic 24 fps 1080p

>the fact that i can get near gtx1080 performance for 350$ is good enough for me desu

Attached: 1449683341627.jpg (248x189, 21K)

I'm pretty sure you are the target audience for a gaming card, then :)

rt off.
rt on 30fps.

dumb frogposter

Attached: fV8UtxjQTYW8yxvuOGUKYw.jpg (1434x762, 824K)

>Nvidia™ Hairworks™
>Nvidia™ PhysX™
>"The way its meant to be played"
>Nvidia™ GimpWorks™ designed for AMD cards

The Witcher is an Nvidia botnet and uses no open source software for their game. Using this as a benchmark is a sin against all tech, and is not a measure of performance.

>Having less than 8gb of vram in 2019
>Paying more for it

...The comparison is against other nvidia cards retard.

AMD still struggles with AA. Its a well qualified fact that nvidia cards take a smaller hit from AA. And with DLSS TAA it's even smaller

>company a makes a prepackaged ready to ship solution for several technically difficult tasks
>REEEE WHY SONT YOU SHARE WITH UIJR CLMPETUTORS REEEEEEEEE

AMDfags are retarded. AMD didnt even try to make their own version of physx or gameworks, open source or not. The only counterpart they made was tressfx, which got used because it actually fucking existed.

embarrassing

>I-it's a great conspiracy by Nvidia to gimp shitty AMD cards with pajeet drivers and hardware bottlenecks
Absolutely seething

RTX confirmed a ruse considering the rumored upcoming raytraceless 11 series.

Everyone who bought RTX got played hard, the 2060 just being a final temptation before the launch of all the good stuff.

I wonder how many fell for the RTX meme.

Attached: fucking told you bitch.png (765x720, 545K)

>halfs your fps
heh nothing personnel shillo

>I wonder how many fell for the RTX meme.
Plenty and they're probably going to buy the 7nm series too.

remember me?

Attached: 2352135.jpg (1255x1500, 101K)

give me the same shit without gay tracing cores and substract 100 american rupees and it's a deal. I don't need gay tracing. I need frames.

>considering the rumored upcoming raytraceless 11 series
they just announced a cheaper rtx card, they're never going to launch a product that's going to directly compete against their line unless amd comes out with something

>11 series

Never happening. They already backtracked on saying the xx70 would be the lowest end card with RT cores.

They're going all in, expect a $200 2050 and a $250 2050Ti

>Raytracing is too expens
Real-time raytracing is way too expensive in terms of computer power even for the 2080ti. Buying the 2060 thinking it will get you into raytracing is just beyond stupid. You're not going to enjoy your 10 fps with that card, you'll turn that RTX stuff off and enjoy perhaps 60 fps at 1440p. If that's what you're after then it's probably a fine buy.

My guess is that by the time games take advantage of RTX and it amounts to something useful we'll have a new generation RTX cards and you'll need a 3080 to not have a horrible experience. Everyone who bought into it now and got a 2060 or even a 2080ti will find that games run at an unplayable low framerate with that shit on.

The only reason for me to get a Turing card is because the hardware encoder seems to do a pretty good job, actually better than x264 Fast.

What happened, you PC crashed mid-sentence? Typical.

Rumors are just an icing on the cake if it turns true. RTX is still a meme.

Attached: 1542275210371.jpg (2000x1500, 565K)

>halves your fps
t-thanks

The only real RTX title is Battlefield V, it's only for reflections, and it's only for reflections in certain materials. Most materials in-game have no raytracing applied so it's really just a specialized trick designed to push new hardware, no better than render to texture or any of the other ways we've previously faked reflections.

350 DOLLARS FOR SHIT PERFORMANCE LMAO

you can, vega 56 just got dropped to $329

These are the most economical solutions

>muh reflections
Only morons care

Imagine unironically being such a man child you shell out hundreds of dollars every year for the latest circuit board that is barely different from the previous version.

fuck this overpriced shit and the ray tracing meme
I'm cruising with my 1060 until the next gen

You know you could have just bought an actual gtx1080 for $300 when they announced the RTX series?

who says?!
where would physics in games be today if nvidia didnt bought them

raytracing is a long-standing concept. It has been implemented in tons of software before, primarily professional (CAD, production, etc) software. The thing that makes RTX special is the real-time aspect, which Nvidia has more or less failed at, but they certainly got closer than anyone has before.

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-01-07 at 10.23.45 PM.png (2156x1464, 830K)

GTX1060 and 1440p@90hz is maximum i would be willing to give for gaming hardware, everything above(at this time) is just splerting with money.

I would, not I did.

maybe for an abused one fresh off the mining farm

average dollar and average fps..
kinda right.

I'll keep my 1080ti
FUCK RAY TRACING AND FUCK LEATHER JACKET MAN

nah brand new

I have sli'd gtx 1080's. Is there any single card solution worth updating to yet?

who else still rocking a r9 fury

not really and don't expect any soon

nvidia is phasing out sli for lower tier cards

What the fuck are you guys even doing that you need such high powered cards?

Playing console ports is an extremely demanding task, user, you wouldn't understand.

playing DCS

it's effectively a 1080, nigger

>That will be 15 FPS plus ti-

faspbp

Cringe and goypilled

minecraft

>2060
>High powered
kek

browsing Jow Forums and watch youtube

It's over 300usd for a midrange low end card that's insane and u need to use dlaa that blurs the fuck out of the image

Navi will be successful if for no other reason than it returns proper fucking graphics cards price points. Fuck Ngreedia.

It is high powered. Unless you're playing something like GTA V at max settings at 4k, a 2060 will run anything you throw it at it just fine. You don't really need to splurge out and spend $500+ on a gpu, it's all just marketing. A ton of these 'lower end' cards can do just fine.

This its obscenely poor value
T. Gtx 1080 owner I got mine below 450usd

Jensen called the 1070 a high-end card. AdoredTV was right, it won't be long until nVidia moves the goal posts so much mainstream will just become a bunch of gimped GPUs.

gtx 2060 when? That would actually be a good deal at around 300 dollarydoos

>lowest tier card
>good deal at $300

220-250 would be okay everything else is jewish

It's about as fast as a 1070ti if you don't use raytracing. A 300 dollar 1070ti is a good deal.

not an argument. a 1060 was also better than a 970

What a useless chart. You still get shitty fps with a weak card no matter the avg dollar you spend on.

False equivalency.

>It's about as fast as a 1070ti
Source on this?

kek
i was preparing myself to buy a 2080ti but now with foveated rendering i think i am settling down for this

VR [spolier]and minecraft[/spolier]

A GTX 960 does the job better.

Hexus.

>but it'll be some years yet before the hardware gets powerful enough to do it properly and before applications

And then eventually it will get dialed back to 'more effective' solutions and you'll lose the ability to perform 16x+ on older titles with newer drivers, despite the cards being way more powerful than enough to do this.

>fake reflections are just as good as real reflections

This is the biggest thing to happen to gaming graphics since the switch from sprites to 3d models and dedicated graphics hardware.

No, DLSS is the new AA.

AMD has literally no counter for it, they are probably fucking scrambling.

Name ONE good photorealistic game.

>AMD has literally no counter for it
Aside from using some shitty smoothing filter like xBRZ, you mean. DLSS looks awful.

Attached: DLSS vs TAA.png (1067x547, 1.45M)

>A ton of these 'lower end' cards can do just fine.
Yeah, except this one is fucking 400$.

I really dont care if its AMD, Intel, or fucking Fisher Price.

Someone needs to start putting out decent GPUs so Nvidia can stop with this stupidity already. Yes, I own a 1080ti, yes I can just buy AMD to "fight da powa". But AMD refuses to match their prices with their performance.

Gay Tracing looks no where near as impressive in the games that support it than the demos Nvidia used to show it off. Someone puts out a card that matches 2080/2080ti or beats it without the Gay Tracing gimmick at an actual normal price and this stupid monopoly will hopefully die.

As much shit as AMD gets, and for the faults Ryzen still has, had AMD not gotten its shit together we'd all still be letting Intel shit into our mouths with 4 core 2% increase +$200 higher price yearly refreshes.

I'm all for having the best product. Regardless of who it comes from. I can afford a 2080Ti, but it gets to a point where you have to have some damn respect for yourself and tell a company to fuck off with your wallet when they start doing stupid shit.

/rant