The new Thinkpad X1 Yoga has a full Macbook-style milled aluminum unibody chassis...

The new Thinkpad X1 Yoga has a full Macbook-style milled aluminum unibody chassis. So much for the magnesium rollcage and composite casing. As a special bonus, they threw in a permanently laser-engraved Dolby logo on the palmrest.

Remember, Lenovo says X1 represents the future of Thinkpad.

Attached: csm_02_Thinkpad_X1_Yoga_4th_Gen_Specialty_Premium_Dolby_Atmos_Sound_System_8dee62584b.jpg (1920x1081, 485K)

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2019-adds-brighter-LCDs-better-speakers-a-Carbon-Fiber-coating.391286.0.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Thanks. I'm about to go order more T430s.

Attached: bugs.jpg (248x459, 18K)

yoga is the gay consumer grade model
literally nobody gives a shit

Thinkpads, both old and new have been fashion devices for a while

Can't wait for the neurotic Youtube midget to make a rant video fun times ahead

Attached: iF9LJRL.jpg (3640x2140, 953K)

Looks gorgeous, can't wait to buy a T490s that looks like it.

Attached: 510ca40ebb1e02ff5ff8d93adad8acd1.jpg (1500x1125, 1.31M)

The logo is gay but I'm glad they're ditching plastic.

Looks good

*T420s

X1 is the flagship series. The closest Thinkpads to "consumer" are the E-series.

>aluminum
into the trash it goes

What's wrong with aluminium tho?
As long as they don't do an Apple and call it an "unibody chassis" if it's two pieces glued together I don't see what's wrong.
Aluminium chassis might also help dissipate heat better, if that's even a consideration given the throttled CPU these laptops have.

Don't mind the outerior, aluminum is nice.
I'm more interested in when they drop the jewtel.

Attached: 16a893948c934afb2e2fa133c7823c67d21fb49b3823d1555b2a856943ed1a91.jpg (576x768, 184K)

This. I hope that one day we get thinkpads that are entirely powered by AMD.

Yoga is another name for 2-in-1 or convertible. Thinkpad is still a business product from their business division and not their consumer division.

Then get one. They already sell Ryzen Thinkpads

>have to replace the whole chassis if a key starts failing

cool

Attached: 1387255317668.jpg (658x632, 35K)

I meant for the X and T series, my bad.

They /are/ calling it unibody. And you're OK with a computer that's been glued together? Just get a Macbook.

A285 and A485 are the X280/T480 with AMD. The chassis is the same.

>They /are/ calling it unibody.
Is is really an unibody or do they glue it together too? That's what I was asking.
>And you're OK with a computer that's been glued together?
I don't care actually lmao
>Just get a Macbook.
too expensive and not serviceable enough.

The structure is the same as a macbook (one piece for top/sides and a plate screwed in from the bottom).

>>And you're OK with a computer that's been glued together?
>I don't care actually lmao
>>Just get a Macbook.
>too expensive and not serviceable enough.
Are you retarded? Glue is the main reason macbooks are hard to service. Anyway, these thinkpads are in the same price bracket as mbps, so this won't be relevant to a neet like you until they're ebay surplus in 10 years.

Attached: csm_01_Thinkpad_X1_Yoga_4th_Gen_Specialty_CNC_Aluminium_Body_Specialty_4a43ad19de.jpg (1920x1081, 123K)

>Glue is the main reason macbooks are hard to service
Yeah, right. Totally not the custom screws, neither the soldered ram and ssd, neither the trip wire tier internal layout.
If by "glue" you mean the battery or how you have to pry for accessing the lcd panel, these are adhesive tapes, not glue.
the glued in chassis is because it was too expensive to machine the chassis from a solid aluminium block. My point with this is that it's a dick move to call it unibody because thecnically it's not, otherwise it is seldom an issue.

In terms of newer machines, dell latitudes have overtaken most thinkpads, except maybe some of the T series.

X1 series is chinkshit anyway, the only decent thinkpads and X/T/P as these are the only ones still designed in the US by the ex IBM guys.

when did the x1 extreme come out last year? I'm waiting for the 2019 version of that and I'm upgrading my x230t from 2012. 7 years seems fair I think

>ships in June

lol fuck these companies

>the only decent thinkpads and X/T/P as these are the only ones still designed in the US by the ex IBM guys
Lenovo Thinkpads date as far as the X60.
And if I recall, the X220 / T420 ... generation was the last one designed by the original guys. Anything after is pure chinese engineering.

I've found that the battery life on those are pretty poor. Any suggestions?

late last year

X1 is the flagship series targeted mainly at consumers. Businesses don't have the budget to buy X1 Extremes for their employees.

I would say the E series and any particular series without the dock port are closer to consumer grade. That includes the L380 and X1 Extreme.

>Businesses don't have the budget to buy X1 Extremes for their employees.
But for the “important” people that decide those budgets, they surely have.
And judging from what I hear from family and friends it’s now normal that a new employee can pick his work machine from a pretty good selection of machines, and there’s always a surface and a MacBook Pro in that list which are never the barebones “cheap” ones, so spending around 2000€/$ on a work machine appears to be the new normal. (Unless you are a bottom of the barrel wageslave, I guess)

good thing i bought a T480s

i want the thinkpad x1 tablet so bad, but its fucking mega expensive, its more than a mid/high tier surface pro 6.

bottom still looks serviceable. unibody doesn't have to mean glue.

>what is the A285/A485

T420 generation was designed by Wistron in chinkland.

Where are you getting that this is glued? The old Macbook Air was just as thin and wasn't glued together.
Apple just started this shit because it's cheaper and they straight up didn't want customers to be able to repair them on their own.
I repaired tons of older Macbooks for people and repairing the glued ones would straight up scare me.

Buy two batteries.

>freinds

I didn't mean to say that this thing is glued. I was responding to the crazy guy who implied glue is fine at

This will be my next thinkpad. In about 3years, when I've had enough of my T450s and it drops to a reasonable price.

>yoga
isn't that the cheap girly lifestyle laptop line from lenovo?

>youtube midget
luke or louis?

there are and you get less performance and less battery lifetime for roughly the same money as intel version

>custom screws
retard detected

>Anything after is pure chinese engineering.
>experience in manufacturing for decades
>literally the factory of the world for the last 20 years
>somehow this means bad engineers
>biggest problem is to find enough brown people and women to fufil diversity quota
>2nd biggest problem is determining the number of bathrooms for N genders
>this somehow means good engineers
I prefer made in china to made in us any day. Because 30 years of manufacturing experience vs 30 years of doing nothing is a thing

get a modern computer. "muh big batteries" in those old machines just means it gets 70% the runtime of a modern system with a modern CPU which has only half the battery capacity

>>of doing nothing is a thing
haha

>no bridge battery
>no docking connector

sad! I got a T470s, still got those and a Thunderbolt port.

>Remember, Lenovo says X1 represents the future of Thinkpad.
X1 Carbon or X1 Yoga? Because the carbon is stil the same-old.
notebookcheck.net/Lenovo-ThinkPad-X1-Carbon-2019-adds-brighter-LCDs-better-speakers-a-Carbon-Fiber-coating.391286.0.html