CES Robot Killed By Self-Driving Tesla

dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-6566655/Oops-Autonomous-robot-struck-killed-self-driving-Tesla-Las-Vegas-ahead-CES.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0s4nxcleVd0
>In what many are speculating was an over-the-top PR stunt, Promobot revealed one of its model v4 robots was ‘killed’ by a Tesla Model S on a Las Vegas street ahead of CES. The accident occurred on Paradise Rd Sunday night as engineers transported the firm’s robots to the display booth. According to Promobot, a number of robots were making their way to the booth around 7 p.m. when one of them stepped out of line and into the parking lot roadway. As it did, it was struck by a Tesla Model S operating in autonomous mode.

>The crash tipped the robot onto its side, causing ‘serious damage,’ Promobot says. Now, with parts of its body, head, arm mechanisms, and movement platform destroyed, it cannot be put on display. The firm says the damage is likely irreparable. 'Of course we are vexed,’ said Oleg Kivokurtsev, Promobot’s Development Director. ‘We brought this robot here from Philadelphia to participate at CES. Now it neither cannot participate in the event or be recovered. ‘We will conduct an internal investigation and find out why the robot went to the roadway.’

>The Tesla involved in the collision was operating autonomously, though a passenger was inside at the time. And, it continued driving another 50 meters after the accident before finally stopping. Nevada police showed up not long after. ‘There was nobody there, no men, no cars,’ said George Caldera, a Tesla passenger. ‘I switched this Tesla into a self-driving mode and it started to move. And wow! A robot on the track! ‘I thought the flivver would come round, but it bumped straightly into the it! I am so sorry, the robot looks cute. And my sincere apologies to the engineers.’

Attached: 8240714-6566655-The_crash_tipped_the_robot_onto_its_causing_serious_damage_Promo-a-40_1546896099069. (634x524, 55K)

>$2,000-per-day rentable humanoid robot.
I will never understand people's obsession with robots.

I would tell the police it was driving in autonomous mode too

Unironically the only reason to buy Tesla

>"Killed"
Let's not even joke about that. Next thing you know they'll have rights.

>Checked
But do they dream of electric sheep?

Muskrats (redditors) on suicide watch.

Wouldn't that be pretty easy to disprove though?

jesus christ, and after that the things on Jow Forums will start asking for rights

We do not talk about them.

If bots turn on themselves, they won't turn on us.
Did Muskrat accidentally save humanity?

If the airbag didn't deploy it probably won't keep logs in the car's event data recorder of when the vehicle was in autonomous mode, though Tesla's engineers may have designed it to keep logs at all times for this exact reason: hit and run and blaming it on the car. Otherwise unless he was in a passenger seat or on camera it would be hard to tell.

Looks like that robot would've been easily avoidable since it was just standing there doing nothing. Weird how neither the driver nor the "autopilot" swerved to avoid it. Something doesn't add up with this article.

Nobody cares about robot on robot homicide like nobody cares about nigger on nigger killing.

holy shit. I never thought of that.
The lenghts engineers must go just to avoid exploits, loopholes and general douchebagery is astounding. It almost makes me feel sorry for some of these top 500 companies.

Engineers don't go anywhere. They are told what must be done and that is it. It's the chief officers of businesses that decide what kind of practices they will follow to prevent this shit.

>The lenghts engineers must go just to avoid exploits
With enough expertise it probably wouldn't be too hard to ghost the data records.

Obviously someone smart enough to do that wouldn't be stupid enough to bother doing it (probably).

>first AI vs AI war

witnessed

>war
Bro that was just a small AI gang conflict.
You'll know when the various AI factions start having war with each other.

>Tesla can't identify a obstacle.
If that was a person it still would have been hit.

it's fake you retards, the car doesn't even touch it and the robot is pulled by a rope

I don't get why so many dislikes... it's obviously a joke.

Are Tesla fans this stupid?

this
robot starts to move slightly before tesla reaches it
rope is visible, especially in 0:05

NOOOOOOOO

ROBOTTO-SAN, ANSWER ME

Attached: R.jpg (795x504, 23K)

>Daily mail

>Now it neither cannot participate in the event or be recovered.
Who taught this nigger English

Let the battle commence!
Can't wait to see some AI vs AI gladiator shit go down.

Attached: 61cqDKdtONL._SY445_.jpg (315x445, 51K)

>Killing the competition
Based Tesla

Based AI will use self-driving cars to run over NPCs

>Now it neither cannot participate in the event or be recovered.
>neither cannot

>Telsa Engineers:We need train data in no human humanoid forms
>Elon Musk: Ha ha ha ha

So, Tesla is the white and the robot was just an inferior nigger?

Ah, the common russian pastime of insurance fraud.

Reddit

>The machines are turning against each other

> ‘I switched this Tesla into a self-driving mode and it started to move. And wow! A robot on the track! ‘I thought the flivver would come round

How retarded you need to be not to stop the car when there's an obstruction on the way? Are people so dumb and stropped of agency that they just sit and watch in this situation?

>PR stunt
>obviously a joke

I hope it's neither because they could be charged for wasting police time on their fake accident.

The USA has more than 6 million car crashes every year. So watching accidents as they are about to happen is pretty normal.

fuck musk and fuck capitalism

>New Season lost in the fog of war
Well at least nuBattlebots season 4 is all but confirmed. Even Ghost Raptor who was absent in S3 said that they were making a return soon.

Attached: Bot-Ghost-Raptor.png (500x500, 139K)

>PR stunt,
fuck that shit.

Well, i'm looking forward to lifelike robots. But this shit is just.pathetic. it looks like how they would depict robots back in 100 year old movies. I wonder if we'll ever see the day when we're old we'll be blown away by some new technological advancement like what phones and internet was for boomers.

>ruskie robot trying to insurance scam a tesla.

kek, they programmed it too real.

Number 5 wanted INPUT but got EXITUS.

lel, dumb robofaggot got what was coming to him

>Now it neither cannot

Attached: 1427372975234.jpg (708x906, 217K)

>the way the robot fell
Yeah, nope. It was not hit by the car, it was either the wind or someone pulled it.

It's common knowledge that Teslas will fail to detect certain objects and won't brake