The internet was better when only rich people had access

The internet was better when only rich people had access

Attached: C0E6A6DC-5E0E-45B0-AC70-AA7555692C0F.jpg (455x566, 100K)

Other urls found in this thread:

moddb.com/games/chaosesqueanthology
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you mean before you were born?

Rich people or anyone with access to a University. But yeah, it's ture. It was way better.

No I’m 33, I remember in 2006 when I was in community college and the computer lab, which was only sparingly used by kids trying to do homework, became overrun with thugs and hoes from ghetto neighborhoods fucking around on MySpace and you’d be hard pressed to use a pc there for homework because they were hogging them all. Fortunately I had a computer at home to mitigate this, which they obviously didn’t and the internet at the time was mostly devoid of women and degenerates because of this.

Yeah I'm 33 too and I remember being poor and chatting girls up on ICQ when I was 15 years old so I don't know what internet you were using

Yeah, but the Internet was awesome before myspace and all that other crap came into existence after 2000.

The internet was better when only white people had access

Oh please you and I know a lot of kids at the time didn’t have computers simply because their families couldn’t afford them

I'm 32 and most of my poor friends had PCs and internet when I was in middle/high school.

My father posted pictures of my brother's birth on his website in 1990 and received warm messages from the academics and few commercial users of the internet at the time. Obviously that would not happen today.

isn't that what facebook is for?

There was a barrier to entry on computers to the lower class not just due to cost but also technological illiteracy, which the smartphone generation do not have to encounter to gain access

only in third world countries like america

Let's not forget the contributions that Africans made to the Internet and computers during the 80's and 90's.

Like everything on this earth

It was a source of useful information. Now that forums are rare there is not much. On official forums you only have shills and tech -"sorry we cant do anything, buy another device"-support

>9 grand after taxes
>no monitor
what the fuck

>was chatting with girls on ICQ when I was 15
user, I have some news for you...

After inflation, that’s $17,000 in 2017 dollars.

32 here, A pretty big majority of my life a computer was in the house because the first one was just a hand down IBM ps/2 that my dad used for work but then got another and brought it home. Internet wise came later here and there in use but never really was much if at all until the late 90s where I could only use it for like 2 hours a day because of tying up the damn phone line (usually split into 1 hour session). Would chat on AIM and download on napster and shit. Once we got our first broadband (DSL around 2000/2001 can't remember exactly) the flood gate opened into constant use since I basically was unrestricted at this point.

Ah 2006, when there were no girls on the internet

Attached: 4F50EA7A-C99D-45C8-BEC5-DB5E0F1D77A2.jpg (450x365, 25K)

yes

:^^^)

Our first PC was a 200mhz Pentium my dad built, ran Windows 98, had dial up and shitty Trident graphics, he found a more powerful PC, a 450mhz K6-2 in the trash a year later and gave it to me since I was doing CAD and I put in an 8mb Rage Pro Turbo and played Halflife on it.

Best thing was, Rage Pro didn't do fog, so I could hide underwater in gasworks and snipe bitches with the crossbow who couldn't see me but I could see them

ABSOLUTELY TRUE

>I could hide underwater in gasworks and snipe bitches
That was a great map. I miss simple pure deathmatch, without all the e-sports rankings and achievements and unlockables and persistent identities and stats and all the other bullshit of modern games.

*crack* *sip*

>That was a great map. I miss simple pure deathmatch, without all the e-sports rankings and achievements and unlockables and persistent identities and stats and all the other bullshit of modern games.

Take this for a spin:

> moddb.com/games/chaosesqueanthology

100 maps, 200 weapons

Attached: xontemp20170306200513-00.jpg (620x349, 81K)

People still play, usually a few servers with people on it at any given time.

Is a pure deathmatch game with no esport bullshit. But you won't download it, ofcourse.

So it's just a lie that you're tired of it.

Attached: xontemp20171223135240-00.jpg (620x349, 14K)

>69264654
Lying fuck

Attached: xontemp20181026060416-00.jpg (620x349, 91K)

Huh? I played HL1 DM last night.

Jealous roastie.

This is true of lots of things, actually. Anytime anything gets more "casual", it immediately starts turning to shit. Whenever you lower the barrier of entry into something, any retard and moron is going to come along and try and get things catered more for them.

There was no such time

That's true for everything. Rich people are generally kinder and smarter (unless they are globalists).

You mean when only smart people had access.

Old fart here. In 1992, I paid $3K (US) for an IBM PC 486 with a 56K modem. I could access Prodigy bulletin boards, and I thought that was hot stuff.

I miss the 2000s. 30, 31 this year.

No modern web. You can use a older system to get on the internet. My last year in high school I lived with my dad and left my PC at my mom's house for a few months to use till I bought her own. During that time I used an old G3 450MHz iMac with 512MB RAM, 20(?)GB HDD, 8MB onboard ATI Video running Mac OS X.3. I didn't game on it but it was fine for a daily driver till the CRT died on it.

I also had a few different Palm devices. Sony Clie (loved it, then the screen got busted), and a Palm TX (which I sold off). Kids at school were amazed by these devices. I had different cell phones and some times I didn't have one. Even today I'm still not a big cell phone user.

Middle school wise I had my own computer but had dial up internet. I would go to the public library to get on the internet. But going there to use the computers sucked because of old women playing games on Yahoo.

Our first computer was around in 2000 or 2001, cant remember. When I was 14 I got my own computer for free for volunteering at a place that got computers donated (mostly from local businesses), refurbished, and given to low income people after they completed a class on basic computer use. One thing I hated was in my late teens I was the only one in the house that had a computer for the longest time and fuckin everyone would use it. I never had a password on it, but later on when I did a clean install to remove all the shit that got installed I started to use one.

So the net was better when only liberals were on?
Really smiles the Stalman.

56k wasn't out in 1992. If anything you had 14.4k maxed during that time.