Admit that Windows 7 Aero was the peak in desktop UI experiences

Admit that Windows 7 Aero was the peak in desktop UI experiences.

Attached: images (5).jpg (457x328, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pFUFJsJJmNI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The Windows 7 taskbar combined the best of the windows "window list bar" model and the OSX "grouped icon list" model.

Ok, I admit it, this is widely known.

>peak
For Windows, maybe. It's okay, much better than 10's, even though I love flat designs.

Nope, Vista was.
At least for Windows.
Peak desktop UI overall was OS X 10.4

Attached: macosx.png (1280x960, 706K)

Attached: 606667D4-73F2-44A8-B527-627E001C80C1.png (300x225, 37K)

*crack*

7 classic theme is objectively best

no I don't like Aero

Tasteful, but Vista can get dropped from Dev and everyone burn their ISOs for all I give a fuck

This is pretty good
Absolutely disgusting

t. fucking blind retards

Attached: OS-X-Mountin-Lion-Reminders-and-Notes.jpg (800x500, 104K)

>peak design
thank god, yosemite happened

Attached: 1546964153418.png (1280x960, 981K)

deepin aero is life!

Attached: 1544431505710.png (1600x900, 1.2M)

Windows 7 is bae

Attached: System.png (1631x931, 181K)

what's with you millennials and not being able to recognize your own bias

>im in space so everything is glossy or cold looking
>but everything is super skeumorphic
what fucking morons
holo is superior to that trash, the other user was 100% correct; 10.4 was peak but 10.3 was also really good

It was but it appeared in Vista
Been trying to get somethinlike this on gnome forever to no avail.

>aeroshot images

Attached: 1473453072000.png (578x790, 263K)

>not using AeroShot to take screenshots on Windows 7
ayy lamo

are you retarded?
read that post again with the image

Attached: aaaaa.jpg (638x544, 52K)

Oh, sorry :(

If you want to copy Aero you should really just use KDE instead. Gnome can't even into blur lmao.

personally I always got rid of that rubbish and used the bblean shell, you can still do it on windows 10
Try it and you will wonder why you ever suffered that MS shit

It's the only time skeuomorphism was done right. Fuck you Microsoft for falling for the flatshit

7 UI is timeless, OSX and Vista just look disgusting now.

I have so many powerful memories of listening to midis on XP with this skin pack.
Thank YHWH KDE kind of lets me emulate it.

Attached: Universal-Vista-Inspirat-Brico-Pack_1.png (1280x1024, 159K)

Vista SP2 was the best windows
But KDE is still peak desktop UI.

>6950x
>3ghz
>128gb ram
Holy shit kill yourself

I remember back in 2005 i had a cracked version of XP pro that came with custom skins (aside from the windows blue/gray/olive) and I was in love. I wanted to use XP forever after that

Vista UI was cooler.

vista had a sort of hideous snot coloured gothic aesthetic going on

It was some weird mixture of Luna and Aero, looked like ass in my opinion

>Gnome can't even into blur lmao
heh
youtube.com/watch?v=pFUFJsJJmNI

Attached: 1460379954292.jpg (372x630, 48K)

that dock settings window looks like a typical KDE settings window
what is it?

Attached: 5n8nA.png (730x624, 120K)

what's inconsistent about that single folder icon?

>was
nope
it still IS

Attached: was.png (862x383, 54K)

How relevant that this thread came up.

Windows 7 was definitely peak aesthetics, but yesterday, while spacing out, I realized just how dated the styling is. It's functional, sensible and definitely pleasant to look at, but it's something that is singularly a product of that "glass and dazzle" UI design fad of the early to mid '00s. I just realized that i'm using a UI whose design is 13 years old (Aero and these memes started with Vista not 7).

I'll probably keep using my Windows 7 box in the foreseeable future, but it's age with become excruciatingly more noticable by the month.

I admit.

Attached: 1546056705923.gif (600x400, 892K)

scaling in windows 7 makes the theme unbelievably ugly

>AESTHETICS IS BAD

Attached: 6b5.png (1006x813, 73K)

Still beats the alternative.

Attached: some thing.png (2621x1779, 1.53M)

>Something Bin

Lost

Agreed.

Attached: 1450120782547.jpg (964x662, 35K)

I'm not complaining about Windows 7 you chode commander. All I'm saying is that it hit me that I was using an UI inspired and informed entirely by early to mid 2000s design fads.

Certainly. Flat icons and pastel color palettes are just bizarre.

Safari overwriting most common html objects is pretty annoying too
Two different perspectives

>yuliya
Is the russian attention whore not namefagging anymore?

>that dock
I never thought I'd feel nostalgia for the brief period of time I had to use vista

Rocketdock probably.
Btw, does anyone remember HyperDesk themes?

Attached: 2019-01-09-03-56-31.jpg (709x366, 71K)

Jelly?

I like it.

Attached: Untitled.png (3840x2160, 2.69M)

Rip

>Aero
I always reverted to the classic theme.

Every design is a fad, if that's what you are wondering.

*is the peak

And it will continue to be after 2020 because m$ will continue to be too retarded to give users the option to change poojetBotnert 10 to a windows 7 UI which would bring over a ton of 7 users, including me

Aero makes me vomit. It's so dated. I look at that and I see soulless offices and creaky plastic peripherals too.

kys

I don't see why? It just looks like glass. What does it do beyond look like glass?

I would if I was still using it.

Found the ifag

I will NEVER buy an Apple product. No.

>not naming the garbage can something habbined

>Aero
>Peak in anything
Yeah, maybe in one thing, lagging old systems that could run the prettier Windows XP UI with no delay, lmfao.

I'm sorry, but translucents are ugly as fuck

This, except 10.4's second best to 10.3

>mfw still using Tiger wallpaper on High Sierra
Mavericks was better, I hate skeumorphism.
Does blur work?
>vista theme on xp
yuck
But... there's no compositor.
They only had to keep it running to have a perfect classic windows desktop.
And what if apple started selling OSX for PCs?

Attached: Captura de pantalla 2019-01-08 a las 21.05.51.png (1440x900, 853K)

I'm pretty sure you forced Vista to run on 512MB with a Celeron and Integrated Graphics...
At least it was successful in making people upgrade their old machines. When 7 came out almost all the people already had decent graphics, multicore CPUs and enough RAM so it never felt as slow as Vista.

>flip 3d
>task switcher with live previews
>no tearing
>no window trails left when programs become unresponsive

go back

IMO, the UI design of W10 looks better, but the best is hands-down Windows 9x (95 and 98/2000). Windows Classic is way better than XP, W10 and any Aero combined.

Windows Classic + DWM (just compositing and Vsync) = Perfect

>tfw jumped from XP to 8
I thought vista/7 looked so futuristic. Little did I know it would quickly end and flatshit would take over.

looks like absolute shit

>windows fonts

this

Explain

Exactly what you heard, it doesn't look like classic windows at all, just a cheap copy full of white elements everywhere and giant buttons. At this point I would rather just use Aero even if I didn't like it.

because what they did was the complete opposite of what should have done.
Both Classic and Aero should have used DWM, with Classic lacking 3D effects and big buttons, just basic compositing to avoid tearing and leaving trails.

Attached: Bill Gates rubbing hands.jpg (480x360, 11K)

If we are talking design-only, then Vista looked better imo.

Nope, Spinning Cubes was.

>wanting a desktop UI
fucking normalfags I swear

Ugly fucking trash and always was. It was near-universally agreed at the time that Aero Glass was complete shit that looked like shit, but of course now you have a bunch of zoomer faggots nostalgic for their childhood claiming that it was the best thing ever.

Stop trying to rewrite history, fucking retard. People back then were drooling over aero, the amount of aero themes that Windows XP got when Vista/7 were released was just unbelievable. Everyone wanted to migrate just for the UI alone. You are just some retard projecting your shit taste on other people, I bet you are one of those who thinks that Gnome is the best thing ever and that KDE looks acceptable.

Does windows 7 play sims 1?

Ah, and here's one of those zoomers now. Spoiler alert, you little retard: You and your buddies on DeviantArt with your retarded, broken themes meant nothing. Aero was an absolute fucking joke amongst the serious tech community. A despised, wretched pile of shit that most people disabled in favour of the classic theme as standard. You can kick and scream and cling to your nostalgia as much as you like, but it won't ever change the facts.

I think this looks pretty good with my theme.

Attached: 1538645881632.png (1109x717, 75K)

This is the ideal Windows desktop. You may not like it, but this is what peak UI looks like.

Attached: 2000.png (1920x1080, 316K)

why "was"? windows 7 is not dead yet, i still use it. however last update fucked my system and now i have no wifi. fucking microsoft tryna force us to upgrade

>WINSHIT 10 IMITATING FAGOS
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>'obsidian-neko'
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>intel processor
OH NO HAHAHAHAHA
>32 gbs of ram
FUCK I CANT BREATHE HAHAHA

Neck yourself faggot

This but unironically.

cringe

What theme is it?

>serious tech community
aka irrelevant autists

Every normal person fucking loved it

Same

There will always be a special place in my heart for win2k

Found the boomers.

>hurr durrr aeathetics are now bad becauze they're old
Aero theme is timeless and still looks gorgeous. It doesn't matter if it is old, it still looks just as good as it did ten years ago. If you're one of those people who call it ugly because it's old you're just a faggot who follows trends mindlessly without having your own personal taste.

Which is why I'm still using it 10 years later. It outlasted XP.

tiling window desktops at are the peak of UI

I'm a firm believer that there should be nothing on the desktop except maybe a trash bin you're too lazy to hide. I actually have my browser maximized most of the time. Full task buttons take up too much space when you can have a bunch of pinned icons instead. Winkey + type for anything not pinned.
Aero and rounded corners disgust me mostly because of my mentality of "ree inconsistent screenshots based on window location and things behind it" but then again I'm not making weird walkthroughs so why tf does it matter. Aight I see aeroshot solves that (for window screenshots) but still.
Also "light theme" or otherwise not-dark-theme is dated.
None of that tiling menu and random-ass-extra-apps-with-flat-icons on LTSC.
>showing full day and date on thicc taskbar and no seconds

Weird shit though the browser's edge isn't 100% flat. Look closely you can see shit on left edge and bottom right where there's stuff behind the window when not maximized. What the fuck?
Also on W10 dunno if anyone noticed the edge of inactive windows is slightly transparent.

Attached: desktop screenshot.png (2560x1440, 425K)