Are there any smart light bulbs that aren’t botnet...

Are there any smart light bulbs that aren’t botnet? Mostly looking for the ability to control them via Bluetooth or WiFi. Just on/off/dim. Don’t care about color.

Attached: 6488051A-8A2A-49A0-9219-932BF93BA9AD.jpg (646x391, 259K)

Literally hue

Hue bulbs have a microphone embedded in each one.

There's no smart anything that isn't botnet. The ability to spy on you is the entire reason businesses are rushing to make these things, because it not only increases their margin on the initial purchase, but it turns you into an ongoing revenue stream.

This if you have money, i'd go with xiaomi's, they're cheaper and don't need external hub. If you need alot of them it could be a problem tho, since you would have all of them connected to the router

It's only going to get worse. We're going to hit peak LED soon(LEDs take much longer to burnout), which means that these profit seeking bloodsuckers are going to try to find new ways to make you buy the same damn bulbs.

Probably the IKEA ones, they don't require an internet connection but are limited in how many you can have on each remote. Don't know what they use to control them but there might be someone who documented it somewhere if you need to use your phone. I have one and it works fine.

You want something done right, do it yourself.

Attached: Ledstriptotaal_bb.jpg (1530x861, 397K)

ja gaat toch niet over die jamina zeuren straks he?

Attached: A-restaurant-in-New-York-is-serving-up-a-curry-so-fiercely-hot-chefs-have-to-wear-gas-masks-to-prepa (615x923, 88K)

You want something not botnet but are legitimately considering xiaomi

Attached: 1524450643569.jpg (600x532, 40K)

believing this shows how little reasearch you've done and how gullible you are. even if they did have microphones in each bulb (which they dont), the wireless standard they use isn't fast enough to transmit voice data

the ikea bulbs actualy use good tech but the bulbs themselves are awful, try dimming an ikea bulb and see how bad it is

>the writing on the box says it doesn’t spy on you

Bad how? I have one next to me and haven't noticed any issues on the lowest setting.

the simple fact of the matter is that hue is the most robust and refined smart lighting product on the commercial market and will get updates for many many years. nothing else is as reliable and well supported.

no smoothing at low pwm frequencies, you can see how bad it is at their own demo stations in store. they will flicker a fuck ton and give you headaches etc

I didn’t know philipis hired shills.

I see, just checked mine and didn't notice anything. Maybe I got lucky.

reading a legitimate answer to your concern and replying with meme arrows. once again, you dont know what you're talking about. i'm sure you can find a teardown video of a hue bulb that will detail all of the components on the PCB, so i suggest you do that.

here's an idea too, how about you show me some proof of your claim :)

not a shill, just been using them for over a year and recognise it as the good product it is. never fails to amaze me how ignorant people can be on the subject of smart lighting, they just see the price and operate on that alone.

What's the fucking point? Are people that lazy that they can't flick a light switch?

>botnet lightbulbs

point a camera at it and watch for the scrolling lines on the viewfinder as you lower the brightness

pic related (although an extreme example)

Attached: LED flicker.jpg (450x268, 92K)

local dimming
multiple white light temps
automation
remote control
there's plenty advantage to smart lights beyond simply on/off

It shows up a bit if I put my phone directly on the bulb, looking at it through the lightshade doesn't pick it up.

It's almost like a like bulb shouldn't cost 80 dollars

do all bulbs have have high quality RGBW LEDS
are all LED bulbs dimmable?
do all bulbs have essentially a micro computer built in?
do all bulbs get software support (firmware, apps, etc)?

do you need all this? no
is it nice to have and have some unique use cases? yes

tl;dr its not "just a bulb"

You could set up a Lutron Caseta system then disconnect it from the internet. Scheduled scenes and those triggered by remote will still work since they’re stored locally in the base station. And the dimmers/remotes use proprietary low frequency transmitters to communicate, so no chance of individual components dialing home. You obviously won’t be able to control anything with your phone.

>LED anything

That's why you run your own home automation shit that doesn't communicate outside of your home network.
There are plenty of open source solutions. You can even buy botnet smart switches and flash them to run locally instead of connecting to chinese botnet servers on each buttonpress.

Attached: 1542906409640.jpg (240x219, 16K)

You could get IR controlled ones and use something like an ESP8266 and an IR emitter

This
I use some in my bedroom to simulate sunrise and sunset since my windows are blacked out for night shift work.

I control my hues with a shell script (wrapper for curl). fuck their cloud dweeb app shit. I never signed up with their service kek