"An EVE Online corporation has been hit with a GDPR request from an ex-member"

>The most hilarious part of this issue is that it does actually look like the corp may have to deal with it as the request pertains to personally identifiable information stored on its corp/guild website.
archive.fo/Daycr
massivelyop.com/2019/01/05/an-eve-online-corporation-has-been-hit-with-a-gdpr-request-from-an-ex-member/

No sure what to make of this. What do you think, GDPRfags?

Attached: 3a9458fb1fd8ab755d248d021b370b790b053a02.jpg (696x229, 20K)

EVE is for manchildren

Missed the point nigger

this is a good game btw
been playing since 2009

so fucking what? just delete his personal data. it's not like a group of video game players needs to hold on to the personal information of somebody who once played with them.

/thread

>just delete his personal data
>which includes all posts written by him on the forum
>which includes any other post referencing him on the forum

Is what he wrote personally identifiable? Wouldn't it be enough to replace his nickname/real name with a placeholder?

So they have to assign someone to go through a thousand posts to deteremine whether something in it is "personally identifiable"?

They do though, eve players are fucking LARPer fags to the highest degree. They do background checks, anything to identify the human behind the character.

I was in a major clan and stole a bunch of ships lmao

s/username/redacted/g

I don't play EVE, but I am happy to that people like this exist. Other online RPGs are basically roleplaying-free, expect for the shitty sex.

fortunately i just play with my SQL scripts and dont actually interact with anyone in EvE.

>someone makes a typo
Oops, you didn't remove that post. You are now sued for 5 billin euros.

IF ONLY THIS COULD BE SOMEHOW AUTOMATED

Yeah i was 18 at the time

They wanted me to log hours mining asteroids, I mean imagine that shit. So I stole the ships, they put a 5 mil bounty on me and I hid in deep space with another corp like an outlaw. Then I got bored and had too much hw to do. Good summer

I've been mining in hi-sec for a long time, too!

>some europoor law
"No"

that's not how GDPR works. suing for ludicrous amounts of money because you got your panties in a bunch is an american thing.

here's how it actually works:
A: you have my personal data. delete it!
B: we've deleted your account "A". we know of no other instances of your personal information in our posession. if we should delete anything else let us know. have a nice day.

Nope. You have to delete ALL personal data, not just the account.

yes. and eurofags wonder why no euro tech firms exist and no one starts new businesses in euroland

Would I get GDPRd if I made a not that posted randomly generated addresses and phone numbers that just aren't mine?

No. Hiroshima would.

>Suing for ludicrous amounts of money is an american thing
Yeah just sweep those dozens of multibillion dollar EU lawsuits right under the rug.

Fucking carebears.

>Volkswagen, Fiat, BMW, Bosch, Renault, Lufthansa, Philips
I'm sure you've heard about most of these. And good thing "no EU tech firms exist" then, right? Especially if all of them are going to be mandated to include a backdoor in everything just like in Australia for example.

>some europoor law
>"No"
>data mining and telemetry good
>holding companies to at least some responsibility bad

>An EVE Online corporation
a what?

Just think it as an guild

and just how much personally identifiable information outside of a forum account does an EVE corp keep?

those are antitrust rulings, not exactly the same as billy suing for a bazillion in damages because he stubbed his toe and blames somebody else.

Couldn't the corporation just ignore the request and deny scummy yuropoor from their company?

Not an argument scummy yuropoor.

>scummy
>not wanting to be data mined and have your data leaked by whoever wants to do it
>data mining and telemetry good
>holding companies to at least some responsibility bad