Was Henry Rollins always a pompous faggot?

youtube.com/watch?v=PBdZ2HBC6RI

Attached: MV5BYTM3OWE5NGUtYjFhYy00O.jpg (1500x1000, 92K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spin.com/2014/08/henry-rollins-robin-williams-la-weekly-suicide-apology-column/
youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8fHoydspI
youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=AyOpelH4XwVCvUnmUwdIKwG3wcV8MTU0MjU3NTE0NUAxNTQyNDg4NzQ1&q=https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/6FBA86B0-0C57-9FCA-5CF9-D742DA541AAA#-6128&v=8U_aio2mla4&event=video_description
youtube.com/watch?v=TVlNfo1tgXM
youtu.be/TVlNfo1tgXM
youtube.com/watch?v=-uQB4pyTrmc
youtube.com/watch?v=DHC6jsSowMw
youtube.com/watch?v=6pI3ZsNdokQ
youtube.com/watch?v=40-klwTsG8o
youtube.com/watch?v=Fd3NG2JX6lc
youtube.com/watch?v=Frud5RFtTi0&frags=pl,wn
youtube.com/watch?v=o28dyt7w3As
youtube.com/watch?v=9n7WnPw8Swg&frags=pl,wn
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes

Yes
Always has, always will.

he's making fun of sociopaths he knew or dated

he's so deep in the closet he gets handjobs from Chris Pine

Yes

I thought it was from a woman's perspective.

Yes...always. He called me an asshole in an email once when I called him out for repeatedly calling Obama "MY PRESIDENT".
I was respectful too...he still went nuts. I've met other dudes who've met him and had run-ins too.

yes, hes always a few steps above you

spin.com/2014/08/henry-rollins-robin-williams-la-weekly-suicide-apology-column/
I get where he's coming from 90% of the time but sometimes he's on some bullshit. generally like what he has to say though

Most certainly.
Black Flag was one of the most cringe worthy entities I have seen in a while.
Rebel without a clue stuff right here.

Attached: 1540679659369.jpg (775x900, 719K)

Back in the ancient age, 2011, had email joust with him. His fake high mindedness is crushed easily. He's actually very weak and insecure. Projects virtue and strength to compensate. He refused to accept my challenge. He can't compete.

A lot of the Punk/Hardcore scene was super whinny and anti-fun moralfags.

Others, not so much youtube.com/watch?v=Dy8fHoydspI

Attached: 267pkkMgV23vZf.jpg (645x482, 38K)

>10mins lesban rant
dude doesn't know it's from island of lesbos in greece.

YES!

I'd believe it but do you still have the emails? Would love to have a gander

best way to describe him is as the original joe rogan.
>glowing coat-tail rider
>original work (rare) is overrated as fuck yet shilled to the max.
>entire personality is a beefy masculine shtick that comes off looking extremely contrived.

Doubt it. I'll try to find them. I'm not a hoarder.

No problem if you don't.

Always. Middle class, virtue signalling, leftist cuck.

Was just randomly thinking about this faggot. Weird there's a thread about him .
All of other cultural heroes from that time were super cucks. One of the reason millennials are so fucked up.

He gives me the creeps. Something is just off about him.
I guess the fact that he's a childless, unmarried old arrogant liberal explains a lot.

Yes

Very early Black Flag with Keith Morris on vocals didn’t have the SJW whining that came with Henry Rollins

I heard he is from a very established East Coast political family (related to Pres. Garfield) and maybe Deep State.

youtube.com/redirect?redir_token=AyOpelH4XwVCvUnmUwdIKwG3wcV8MTU0MjU3NTE0NUAxNTQyNDg4NzQ1&q=https://webbrain.com/brainpage/brain/6FBA86B0-0C57-9FCA-5CF9-D742DA541AAA#-6128&v=8U_aio2mla4&event=video_description

yes. watch old interviews he did with black flag. He would degrade kid journalists. He's a fucking pussy. There was an image floating around of him early int he scene where some black guy was pressing him and he looked like he was about to cry. Hard time finding it.

Obligatory:
youtube.com/watch?v=TVlNfo1tgXM

youtu.be/TVlNfo1tgXM

lol /thread

also he never was a good musician and black flag was garbage.

This.
Their early stuff was based as fuck. See "White Minority". Rollins always was a lefty faggot.

Daily Reminder: Danzig is /ourguy/
Henry Rollins is a leftist fuckboi

Attached: Misfits.jpg (1280x960, 56K)

white minority was a joke you fucking idiot.

>BECAUSE I'M A NIGGER
I never understood this song. The video is even worse. He's a white guy with red makeup claiming to be black in it. What was he even on about with these lyrics?

(((Henry Rollins))) is a jew.

Attached: cryptojews.jpg (3600x6044, 3.66M)

Punk rock ethos at its core was mental liberation, the establishment rightfully recognized it as a threat. Scoff if you want but look at how it was ignored by the media at the time. That was before it was infiltrated and subverted and truly had the potential to free minds. Look at who the PMRC attacked.
Henry and his Washington DC buddies infiltrated and subverted it until it was no longer threatening to the establishment, even leading to something that could be monetized, hence came the corporate grunge trash.
Henry was rewarded with the USO tours, does anyone really think that soldiers in the early 2000's were really into Black Flag? That led to his Discovery channel payoff.
He's still 'working' hard out there, shilling establishment viewpoints while giving normies the illusion that they have some kind of 'punk rock street cred'.

That was before Henry got in the band after he got in is when they started with the navel-gazing tripe.

youtube.com/watch?v=-uQB4pyTrmc

The joke was easy to see when Ron Reynes sang the song. The sarcasm was lost when Kieth sang it.

I prefer these guys.

Attached: A2CF7795-369D-4C27-B161-5240E9847C33.jpg (297x300, 37K)

youtube.com/watch?v=DHC6jsSowMw

Love the vandals, hated their later albums

Edgy and insulting. These guys were a good alternative to the Ian Mackaye’s band.

Attached: 07FACD26-D56B-459B-B912-CCDCF503581F.jpg (600x600, 108K)

Yes. Not even saying this from a partisan perspective, he's totally an asshole who has the mentality of a know it all teenager. He's the type of guy who that grocery store copypasta would actually be a real thing that could happen.

Yeah, fucking hate that faggot.

Pussy let his fuck buddy get killed by niggers as he ran away.

> degrade kid journalists
youtube.com/watch?v=6pI3ZsNdokQ

Attached: 04f329c1700ab8c6c4a.png (1008x567, 579K)

Pat Brown? Is that you?

Keith, Ron, and DEZ were the only ones worth a shit. Saw BF about a dozen times, walked out of the last show because it was lame-o metal jackoff music with Rollins kvetching and posing more than usual. Pic related: best lineup with DEZ, Greg, Chuck, and ROBO.

Attached: dez-black-flag-1.jpg (620x436, 65K)

He's not so much a heavily in denial closet case as trying to protect the reputation of the only man he ever loved (Joe Cole), as Cole's parents are OBSCENELY homophobic. Rollins would rather have his lover's parents think their kid was straight AND died in a blotched drug deal gone wrong, than disown/spit on their dead son's grave over him being gay/shacking up with Rollins and him dying in a home invasion robbery of the couple's house.

Also, Rollins underwent a fundamental change in the late 90s. One of his fag hags convinced him to start seeing a professional therapist, which led to among other things:

1. Rollins music becoming quasi-new age hard rock

2. Rollins disbanding his band and making his spoken word/stand-up work his primary source of income, along with getting more involved in acting. While Rollins still makes music, it's more or less a side gig and not his main profession.

3. Rollins basically becoming more silly/self-deprecating in terms of mocking his "super serious" persona he had for years.

4. Finally, Rollins has gone full tilt absorbed into liberal politics scene in LA. Partly due to his acting projects (you can't be conservative in Hollywood unless you are deeply closeted on nearly all things conservative) and his involvement with IFC, which gave him a talk show where he got to bash George W Bush on a weekly basis.

Is there a guide to Black Flag's discography, listing/discussing the various line-up configurations and explaining which ones are good and which ones are total dogshit?

I've only listened to Damaged and a "best of" compilation of the pre-Rollins years but never ventured out into the full discography.

BF is one of those bands that sell more shirts than records, they're like authors whose that people want to own more than they enjoy reading.

Early shit: singles, Decline of Western Civ soundtrack, Jealous Again ep
Rollins era: My War (1st side is stellar, 2nd side very sludgy, but good sludge), Slip It In
Don't really bother: Loose Nut, Family Man
As for all the lineup changes, I'm sure some obsessed zine types have worked it all out.

fpbp

He's been an ass breath poseur since "Slip It In."

Roid rage

His real name is ((Henry Lawrence Garfield))

Look it up.

He was always an insufferable blowhard. I met him at The Trobadour in LA once. The guy is like 5'6''. You could knock him over with a fist bump. Plus, despite his edgy stage persona he's a total cuck in private and terrified someone might break his narrcissistic bubble.

yes. sabo has a decent vid here

youtube.com/watch?v=40-klwTsG8o

if anyone doesn't know, sabo is a somewhat popular right wing street artist

Attached: 1540252969622.png (823x481, 588K)

He's a kike. Of course.

Attached: Screenshot_20181117-152254_Firefox.jpg (1440x2960, 1.06M)

Kek

He's like a dick that is hard 100% of the time.

Yes. He was a hipster of his day

ha I've got that vinyl, those guys rocked, fuck I've even got the Tesco Vee album now that I think about it

>One down, three to go! One down, three to go!
Tesco and Lee Ving of FEAR were the best punk stand up comedians disguised as musicians

this is true, I watch Decline of Western Civ now every few years and I have become convinced that FEAR (who I love) were actually a stand up comedy act parodying punk (love Philo Cramer's guitar work too)

I DIG PAIN

you wanna laugh, listen to the restored extended version of this and tell me it's not good

youtube.com/watch?v=Fd3NG2JX6lc

kinda reminds me of way back when I was 15 and would rock out to Crass

I ran into Lee in the 90's in Austin at a hippie food co-op, he was in a band called Range War at the time, had a big droopy weenie-duster mustache and ridiculous cowboy hat on, plus he'd packed on about 40-50 lbs since his FEAR days, but he was still wearing the rings (I think he'd gotten too fat to take them off). Went up to him and said, "Let's see a little motion, this ain't no fuckin' country club!" He laughed and gave me a look like, "Shhh, don't blow my cover, dude." FEAR's gig on SNL was the height of punk rock meets mass media.
youtube.com/watch?v=Frud5RFtTi0&frags=pl,wn

Ha, I've seen a picture of Range War Lee and yeah he really looks like Frito Bandito, guy is too cool in my book. I remember them on SNL and I think they scared half of America that night (I think I was even a little scared and that's what nudged me towards punk)

Iggy on Metallic KO is also some great comedy LARPing as rawk music: "What you deserve is a good 55 minute Louie Louie"

you ever listen to that old comp "Hell Comes to Your House"? Man, I took a break from that sort of stuff for a couple/few decades but broke out the bin of old vinyl a couple of years ago and spun that thing on a new player I bought and damn I love that comp, there's a couple of sweet spots on it where the bands align and flow into each other and it's ear heaven, I think the modern ear would frequently find the tempo off-putting but they just don't understand (like my wife)

Attached: 41nXEigzz0L._SX355_.jpg (355x350, 17K)

I gotta hear that, I spin a 12" of Louie Louie (the original) sometimes and it really does fuckin rock

Black Flag is unironically the best punk rock band to come out of the 1970s. Reyes, Rollins, and Morris were all fantastic vocalists, and they never put out a bad album (prior to 2013).

One of my buddies favorite lp's, 45 Grave is some good shit, also loved Redd Kross from the early days. You can still find some old episodes of New Wave Theater on youtube, lots of CA bands from that era as well.

>I do not agree with your opinion, friend, but I would defend to the death your right to hold it

I'll give you Family Man, but Loose Nut is a stellar album.

>I prefer these guys.
Yeah the Vandals we're good up until the Quickening. Everything after that was garbage.

yes yes! 45 Grave practically steal the show on that album, I also like the manic stuff by the Conservatives (wish I could find them on vinyl) and 100 Flowers is epic

yes he was also killed his best friend in a gun discharge accident

his best friends don't seem to last very long

And then he blamed it on niggers!

based + redpilled

That same buddy just talked me into going to see The Flesh Eaters when they come thru town in a few months. Not usually into reunion shows since I saw most of the bands I wanted to in their heyday, but they were one band I never had the chance to see, especially with the original line-up. A Minute To Pray, A Second To Die still in heavy rotation.

damn, I gotta check them out, so many bands I never discovered so little time left to do it at this point (speaking of, when I die and my kids inherit my record collection will they see it as a valuable and rare time-capsule or will it get tossed into a dumpster? I gotta put something in the will, I didn't hunt down that Nihilists record 15 years ago for nothing)

Henry wrote a song for Jow Forums

youtube.com/watch?v=o28dyt7w3As

Attached: imaknife.gif (320x240, 500K)

Kek, it could be our anthem

> le manlet rage
In hindsight, these punk fags were moralfagging harder than christcucks.

Attached: henryrollins-jre-podcast.jpg (1080x1349, 145K)

Ron Reyes vocals really captured the sound Imo.

Another good semi-obscure band from that era is Saccharine Trust, saw them open for Black Flag a couple of times in the early 80's and they had a jazzy/metal/beatnik vibe that definitely rubbed off on Greg Ginn, can tell he was influenced by their guitar player Joe Baiza on mid-to-later BF stuff. Still have the flyer from one of the gigs.

Attached: '82 flyer.jpg (720x540, 92K)

He's impressed with himself, and he thinks he's deep, but I've never heard him say anything that came close to an original thought.

He's a kike. What do you expect.

some pasta that made me kek

Attached: Rollins pasta.png (1194x849, 279K)

>Saccharine Trust
Haven't heard that name in decades, might have even seen them perform but most of the shows I went to I was blotto unfortunately. (if I could go back in a time machine I'd film them all in 4K HD)

*pardon me, Nihilistics*

>Was Henry Rollins always a pompous faggot?
Yes , like most punks .

it's even funnier as a parody song

you're my hero

That's from Sven on TDS. I enjoyed that clip.

yes a he predated the counter cultures rise to elitist faggotry by 15 year. Way ahead of his time. His current effort is to turn texas blue.

Attached: rollinsnupolpastad.png (1253x3704, 1.1M)

Ha, nice, that's even better. This cartoon is classic, too.
youtube.com/watch?v=9n7WnPw8Swg&frags=pl,wn

fucking kek. i always thought he was like 6 ft 4 in for some reason. hahahahaha what a manlet!

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 5.07.38 PM.png (358x298, 16K)

Rollins' mind is on a level we can't comprehend. We should make him our thought leader. Try wrapping your noggin around these lyrics, I know I can't:

I don't need a break from you
I won't reach out for your hand
You offer me cool, but I reject it
I won't wear your brand

I've got enough rules of my own
Pushing in on me
I don't need any more
Rules that keep me tied up

You offer me your acceptance
You think that's important to me
Well I don't like anybody
That's got all the answers for me

Pushing in on me
I don't need any more

Well maybe now you're getting what you expected
That may change
But I can change my mind anytime
And I just might turn it on you

Pushing in on me
I don't need any more

Ah!

>doesn't like treasonous, dotarded, kike cum spittoons
>pompous

Everything seems "pompous" when viewed looking up, while wallowing in the gutter.

Attached: dumbf_brains_trust.png (990x1080, 223K)