You see it's quite easy you just type in sudo apt install and then the name of the application you want like sudo apt...

>you see it's quite easy you just type in sudo apt install and then the name of the application you want like sudo apt install firefox
>NOOO I'M NOT A HACKER WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS IS SOME 9999999 IQ SHIT IT'S TOO HARD AAARGGGHHHH I WANT TO DOWNLOAD EXE FROM WEBSITE INTO MY DOWNLOAD FOLDER AND THEN GO THERE AND CLICKY CLICKY THE ICON AND NOT READ LICENSE AGREEMENT AND PRESS NEXT AND LOOK AT THE GREEN BAR GO AND FINISH ALSO WHY DO I HAVE TO COME UP WITH WORDS TO TALK WITH PEOPLE MY HEAD HURTS SO MUCH FROM IT THERE ARE SO MANY WORDS ITS HARD TO MAKE SENTENCES STARTING FROM NOTHING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GIVE ME A TABLET WITH SOME BUTTONS AND FEW RESPONSES MAYBE 3 SO I CAN JUST PICK ONE RESPONSE AND PRESS THE BUTTON TO ANSWER AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHKLMAEOLINAWWVIONNALUWELBAIQ,MVCXNKAOYY

Attached: 0e8.jpg (1024x595, 69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundling_of_Microsoft_Windows#The_"Windows_tax"
google.com/linuxrepositories/
google.com/search?q=Windows Update Delete files
google.com/search?q=Windows Update 7 gb
my.mixtape.moe/dxgbdq.webm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ausitm

cringe

.exe just werks
faggot

OP entertained me this time. Good OP.

use pacman faggot

nobody use
a. sudo
b. apt

sage.

Who the fuck does that. I used Ubuntu in 2008 and didn't have to type anything to install software, it was all in GUI. What changed?

>NOOO I'M NOT A HACKER WHAT IS THIS BLACK MAGIC I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS IS SOME 9999999 IQ SHIT IT'S TOO HARD AAARGGGHHHH I WANT TO DOWNLOAD EXE FROM WEBSITE INTO MY DOWNLOAD FOLDER AND THEN GO THERE AND CLICKY CLICKY THE ICON AND NOT READ LICENSE AGREEMENT AND PRESS NEXT AND LOOK AT THE GREEN BAR GO AND FINISH ALSO WHY DO I HAVE TO COME UP WITH WORDS TO TALK WITH PEOPLE MY HEAD HURTS SO MUCH FROM IT THERE ARE SO MANY WORDS ITS HARD TO MAKE SENTENCES STARTING FROM NOTHING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GIVE ME A TABLET WITH SOME BUTTONS AND FEW RESPONSES MAYBE 3 SO I CAN JUST PICK ONE RESPONSE AND PRESS THE BUTTON TO ANSWER AAAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHKLMAEOLINAWWVIONNALUWELBAIQ,MVCXNKAOYY
Why don't you use Ubuntu software centerTM then?
It's fun, it's like installing apps on your phone

Wait... how did you white text???

Exacly, synaptic exists for a reason

FUCK YOU I'M TOO LAZY TO FOLLOW A GUIDE AND TYPE IN COMMANDS I NEED BIG COLORFUL ICONS TO CLICK ON

Most of autistic Linux users prefer compile

How exactly does Linux know where to get the firefox files though? Does it have a list of every software ever and where to download them from?

Pretty much

Isn't that dangerous? Say Firefox' website get compromised and someone places a malicious file at the address

sudo apt install photoshop

>sudo apt install msoffice
>sudo apt install photoshop
>sudo apt install visualstudio
>sudo apt install any-game
Oh dear...

>just like log in as root and downgrade and or change your graphics card drivers package/mirror to '..-legacy' ones in case xorg shows black screen full of gibberish one unexpected day
>just like open command line and generate xorg.conf and type in these cryptic lines you found on the internet somewhere in a specific section of xorg.conf as superuser using nano to prevent your eyes bleeding out from screen tearing for every new installation it's so easy
>no, unlike on Windows, there isn't a GUI tool to adjust your date and timezone in XFCE and MATE and Why That's a Good Thing

Attached: 1532526610206.png (909x1600, 990K)

>just download System Fixer Cleaner 2019 by Rajeet Panjeesh and it'll fix everything for you

Can I install suicide that way?
God, thank you so much!

Doubt it. Like most Linux shit, it isn't actually useful for Real Life stuff.

>proprietary software

Nobody actually cares, freetard.

Attached: 1544826348196.jpg (800x450, 45K)

what if the software isn't there or outdated. I know, this would never happen, but just what if?

Oof yikes wow sure got me there *dabs*

sudo apt install Microsoft Office 2016
sudo apt install League of Legends
sudo apt install MPC-HC
sudo apt install Google Chrome
sudo apt install paint.net
sudo apt install Microsoft Visual Studio 2017
sudo apt install Fortnite
sudo apt install Minecraft
sudo apt install foobar2000
sudo apt install Razer Synapse
sudo apt install Kaspersky Antivirus
sudo apt install WinRAR
sudo apt install Total Commander

wtf none of this worked
back to windows I guess

Attached: 1449931305045.png (540x630, 145K)

I could suggest a long list of vastly inferior crap that does less than half what that list does on Linux - but I'm not a brain-damaged autistic cumbucket.

You can install sudoku

Attached: 1523173989150.png (527x122, 81K)

>Linux is a free substitute for Windows and should be used as such
see this is where you fucked up

I just made a Raspbian based retropie and it's a buggy piece of shit with config rules all over the place. Ended up spending more time fixing bugs and configuration than playing games. Now I don't feel any regret never tried Linux.

Eh, everyone should try it at least once. The mistake I made was trying it more than once - 2001, 2009 and 2015. Every time, a waste of time - and a reiteration of "you get what you pay for".

Attached: kermit-suicide.gif (320x320, 1.9M)

everyone on Jow Forums absolutely needs photoshop to live, you can't consider a device that doesn't run photoshop. i live photoshop, i breathe photoshop, i drink photoshop, i eat photoshop. don't you understand freetards, every computer user in the world needs photoshop. install photoshop. muh photoshop

>you get what you pay for
implying you paid for windows

Attached: ac8.jpg (469x469, 19K)

>implying anyone doesn't, thanks to botnet

I just absolutely need working video and sound. I can make do with paint.net.

Please tell me you aren't using all that garbage

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bundling_of_Microsoft_Windows#The_"Windows_tax"

Most of the main repositories obviously have a security mechanism. E.g. for ftp.be.debian.org/debian, you need to be a Debian Developer to be able to push to them.

As long as you aren't an accepted Debian Developer, you cannot upload to the Debian archive directly. You have to package your product and to ask for a sponsor on the debian-mentors mailing list. A sponsor is a (generally) seasoned Debian developer who will check your packages and give you hints and support until he thinks they are ready to be accepted into Debian.

You're always able to self host a repository to distribute your package, which means that endusers would have to manually add that repository to say, their sources.lists file for apt, so the package manager can search for packages in it. Adding repositories entails some risk, but generally just requires some common sense.

You wouldn't download Win10.exe from SourceForge, just like you wouldn't blindy add a repository without checking who/what is hosting it.

Attached: 1545591428617.jpg (640x480, 75K)

oh no, user doesn't know you can build your own pc

There's also snap, I prefer it. Asking users to modify sources.list is sometimes too much unless you have some desirable stuff or a regularly used ppa

Good luck trying to build your own laptop.

DELET DIS
DON'T LET TEH GOYIM NO

get a dell with ubuntu or ask your oem for the windows refund or get a second hand laptop. user don't be stupid, you know there are valid ways to avoid the tax.

>everyone on Jow Forums absolutely needs photoshop to live, you can't consider a device that doesn't run photoshop.

I work as Graphic/Web designer. As a minimum I also need Illustrator and some font management tool. Some file-formats-inter-compatible industry-standard, publishing, 2D and 3D animation and video compositing software (C4D, AfterEffects, Premiere) wouldn't hurt either for expanding skillset and scope of projects. As much as I root for GNU+Linux I have Win 8.1 box for the visual work.

- Sent from my leisure 2011 i3-gaps Arch Female-Repellent 8GB T420 Jow Forums Povertypad that i use for comfy learning of /wdg/ shit while sitting in kitchen

Attached: 1540347279193.jpg (720x602, 71K)

>get a second hand laptop
This is what I do.

However I was originally replying to that user that implied you don't pay for windows if you buy one with it preinstalled. Something which you most certainly do.

What I was trying to say is that whenever a valid problem with the current Windows operating system shows up, there's a tsunami "i need muh Photoshop" posts, as if the entire population of this "technology" board requires Photoshop to live. Even when GNU/Linux is not mentioned in the thread. No operating system is perfect.
It's perfectly fine if you actually work with graphics, but pretending that Photoshop being unavailable on GNU/Linux makes it a reason for everyone to avoid the OS is retarded.

I've always considered the "Photoshop argument" to be a stand-in for "any professional-grade software that there's no real substitute for in my workflow". EVERYONE has an application that falls into this category (for me, it's MS Office - and no, LibreOffice is not a substitute).

>EVERYONE has an application that falls into this category (for me, it's MS Office - and no, LibreOffice is not a substitute).
If you're going to pull data out of your ass, I will do the same. My dad does his taxes just fine with Ubuntu and Firefox and LibreOffice, and I'm sure there's a huge percentage of people using computers that would do fine with just this.

>90%+ windows
>90%+ msoffice
>90%+ photoshop
>90%+ vegas
>is "data out of your ass"
And I fell for the bait AGAIN. When will I wake up and understand - you can't argue in good faith with a freetard? Every time you try to explain WHY you - and everyone else - sticks with Windows, they come up with something utterly nonsensical like this as an excuse to dismiss you. You can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped.

Attached: 1453741563378.gif (200x200, 1.92M)

>90%+ photoshop
>90%+ vegas
kek, still pulling data out of your ass, show me the sauce, boi :^) what does that even mean? do you think 90% of users need MAGIX Vegas?

>sudo apt install Google Chrome
That one isn't exactly true. Google offers repositories for it.
google.com/linuxrepositories/
>inb4 too much work to add it
Software centers like Gnome Software allow you to add it with a single click.

It's not like any of these FOSS alternatives don't have Windows versions either. They can be tried risk-free on Windows. Then they get uninstalled, and people go out and buy Office/Photoshop/whatever.
It's an astounding blind spot on the part of freetards, and one of the reasons they're such a laughing stock.

Attached: 1439710047999.jpg (474x352, 29K)

Ubuntu has a gui frontend that runs the command with more clicky clicky

>It's an astounding blind spot on the part of freetards, and one of the reasons they're such a laughing stock.
Then why are there many anti-Windows threads every day one page 1 made from both macOS and GNU/Linux users? Nobody wins in this retarded never ending OS war leaded by idiots.

HEY BUDDY, YA EVER HEARD OF GIMP??

Kek

Probably has a lot to do with Jow Forums being a microcosm. If you think this place is the whole world, or is remotely representative of it, I have a bridge to sell you.

Was going to say exactly this. Thanks user.

>you see it's quite easy you just type in sudo apt install and then the name of the application you want like sudo apt install firefox
>but program in repo is outdated and have several critic bugs in it!
>easy peasy bro! just compile it yourself! You know innermost entrails of your particular distro that change every 6 months and c and c++ right?

Then don't use a distro with critically outdated packages.

POHOTSHOP AND GAYMES

Attached: soi.gif (413x243, 51K)

The several news sources bashing Microsoft for the latest monthly Windows Update fuckup don't matter either, right? I don't pretend that GNU/Linux is perfect, please stop pretending that Windows doesn't have problems.

>sudo sudo odus

>League of legends
>MPC-HC
>Google Chrome
>Visual Studio
>Fortnite
>Razer Synapse
Consider suicide

Attached: no.jpg (361x521, 23K)

Since we're working completely on anecdotes here, I've not experienced these dud updates, nor has anybody I know - and everybody I know runs Windows.

I'm not working on anecdotes, since I don't use Microsoft Windows.
google.com/search?q=Windows Update Delete files
google.com/search?q=Windows Update 7 gb
It may not happen to you, but they exist and I'm not the one reporting them

I have no doubt they exist, user. But when you're Windows, with two billion users, even the slightest mistake can affect hundreds, even thousands of people in seconds. But because that's well under 0.1% of Windows users, the likelihood of ever meeting one of them is negligible. A flaw/bug/whatever affecting thousands of Linux users is a big thing, because it isn't an insignificant portion of the userbase. The same number of Windows users being affected is just another (Patch) Tuesday.

> sudo apt install Microsoft Office
> sudo apt install MPC-HC
> sudo apt install Google Chrome
> sudo apt install paint.net
> sudo apt install Fortnite
> sudo apt install Minecraft
> sudo apt install foobar2000
> sudo apt install Kaspersky Antivirus
> sudo apt install WinRAR
> sudo apt install Total Commander
WTF it's literally blyat normalfag tier. You should support communism.

Who are you quoting

user error

dumb winfag

I'm a new GNU/Linux user, and you have to agree a certain clusterfuck on Debian:

>Try to change GDM3 and other aesthetic configurations
>Every .css and .config file is in an obsucuret bumfuck /etc/
>Hey, nice! ~/usr/share/gdm3/themes contains some CSS files
>Open it
># THIS FILE IS GENERATED DO NOT EDIT
>Doesn't fucking tell me when the main file is
>Edit it anyway
>Change works just fine

At least windows has everything cleanly into Program Files and %APPDATA%

Attached: Screenshot_20180425-215740__01.jpg (1080x1092, 209K)

You are comparing a system wide configuration to a user configuration, so the correct comparison would be comparing /etc/ to the Windows registry, which I find as confusing

try sudo update-alternatives --config gdm3.css

Gobolinux

This I didn't know. Thanks

These 298968 dependencies would be installed, continue?
Y
>Breaks another software because it updated some package

Obvious bait but:
but foobar2000 IS available.
why use word when you have libreoffice preinstalled in most distros, or WPS office
Why use visual studio when you can use vscode
You can actually play LoL on linux with PlayOnLinux
Why use fucking winrar when stuff like 7-zip or unrar that doesn't have the shitty license message exists
Why use paint.net when you have Pinta
Why use Botnet Chrome when you have Firefox or **Chronium**

You can actually install Minecraft and run it on linux, you need to install java like you did in Windows
Why use fucking MPC-HC when VLC exists?

So, that only leaves Fortnite, which is a lost cause; and razer synapse, what even the hell is that

>Using an antivirus in 2019

OP based and dare I say

iTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1537755651903.webm (720x404, 2.97M)

I never bought a new laptop

Based

One set of logitech drivers for my mouse and headset please. Thenks. Oh and normal video player like potplayer.

>WHY CAN'T PEOPLE GIVE ME A TABLET WITH SOME BUTTONS AND FEW RESPONSES MAYBE 3 SO I CAN JUST PICK ONE RESPONSE AND PRESS THE BUTTON TO ANSWER
This is basically what Allo and Google Messenger do with smart answer thing. Zoomers are 2lazy even for that.

Obvious bait is suggesting that you change your OS and half your programs for... what? "Freedumb"?
Pic related.

Attached: 1522017617608.jpg (593x665, 55K)

absolutely based thread op

until its equal or better fuck off

Maybe user and your dad do different things with office software and maybe those things are harder/impossible to so on Libre. Doing taxes is not the only use case of office suites.

Where I can get foobar2000 for linux?

it's already better brainlet

It's been better for over a decade.

>insult people
>yeah, that'll make them switch
You might be so insecure and conformist that that works. The rest of us need to be sold on more than "freedumb" and "botnet" screaming.

You said that a decade ago.
And a decade before that.
Face it - like Jesus, like Mayan spaceships, TYOTLD isn't coming.

I hear that for around 10 years.
Basically there are a few cool stories that I hear from freetards all these years, and these never change (and are not true, unfortunately).

>You said that a decade ago.
>And a decade before that.
Nah, just since around 2008 when Linux became actually usable, which is when I made the switch. I was like 12 years old and I needed a "free operating system" because Vista ran like shit on my new computer, and even I adapted just fine. You have baby duck syndrome.

Attached: avatar.gif (320x240, 54K)

>couldn't get an unworkable OS to work
>switched to Linux as a child
>calls others baby duck

Attached: 1541846139557.gif (300x200, 903K)

This. Freetard's transparent projection is also credibility-destroying.

want it code it

Could you imagine someone unironically complaining about the command line on a technology board?

my.mixtape.moe/dxgbdq.webm

Linux actually worked at the time. Whatever landmark version of Ubuntu that came out back then was perfectly fine for all intents and purposes. Literally Vista was what most people were using at the time, there's no way you can say that Linux, even back then, was worse than Vista at launch.