*INHALES*

*INHALES*

AAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

WANGDOWS FAGS GETTING WHAT THEY DESERVE

Attached: pixlr_20190109162352710.jpg (4690x5325, 3.16M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems
theverge.com/2018/10/5/17940902/microsoft-windows-10-october-2018-update-deleting-documents-issues
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even the most basic laptop comes with 200gb these days. I don't mind this as long as it stops updates fucking up

what if wangdows10 is in VM,user?

>cram your disk full with shit
>windows can't reserve free space for updates
>windows update can't work
>use external HDD for everything else

You've got it all wrong.
No space doesn't mean updates won't be tried.
No space means updates will fail and fubar your install.

So what? That's like under 1% of your typical storage capacity these days...

Lots of Windows 10 "devices" with 32 GB eMMC beg to differ.

>still using win 10 trainwreck
I'm glad I've dropped 10 after 3 years for 8.1, just before serious problems started.

What the absolute fuck, how can't updates check free size before installing and delay when there isn't enough available? What happened to Microsoft, did they fire all their programmers?

Attached: 1392528773309.jpg (745x565, 139K)

Attached: Capture2.jpg (677x45, 6K)

>delaying updates
Not a good idea.

I don't think taking 7GB from my HDD is a good idea too. The solution is obvious and simple, when downloading a update, check if there's enough room for the file that's being downloaded and the post installation content, and just allocate that space. No need to take an arbitrary amount of space from everyone's disk.

>No need to take an arbitrary amount of space from everyone's disk
>what is system partition
>what is recovery partition
>what is the disk space for windows itself
>what is page file
>what is system restore
>what is...

>anyone that has under 2tb of storage is a poorfag
>anyone that cares that an update will temporarily use 7gb has critical autism
prove me wrong

>spells wangdows correct
>get accused of using wangdows

gimme some of that weed user

Every single thing you mentioned is essential to keep a OS running or save it in case of failure. This is not.

Letting technologically inept people touch computers was a mistake.

soon you LTSC cucks will be cucked by natella with unremovable candy crush saga™©®

>having an update staging area isn't essential
A bunch of trashed/failed updates suggest you're wrong.

>making a fuss out of mere 7GBs when 2TB drives are dirt cheap

The absolute state of Jow Forums and linuxtards.

If you handled them properly like I mentioned before it wouldn't be a problem. Take that micro and soft dick out your ass and use your brain for a second.

I use a 1tb SSD with 100gb in C drive, I don't care.

>linux did not need this
>previous windows versions since 20+ years did not need it
>wangdows10 deletes files, take away storage, spy on users

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

>defending wangdows 10 bullshit every minute possible

the state of wangtards and normies

also fuck off grammatical perfectionist

With a 128 GB SSD things are getting cramped already due to the crap-tacular winsxs folder. System + pagefile + hibernation file + winsxs is easily 70-80 gb. What a load of bs.
Good thing I switched to kubuntu months ago, still keep a windows VM on a separate dish for a few things though so this is still annoying.

he can't take it out
he's literally paid to ride that dicc like the shill he is

You mean Nutella, right?

How many users are going to be affected by this? 10? Also, fuck the poor and fuck Linux users. I wonder what Linux updates do if they don't have space left? I'm not a poor loser, so I can't even test that.

if u like microdick, then yes nutella

funny, linux does not reserve space for updates, delete user data,spy, force broken updates on me

*Becomes a feminist*
You aren't writing any hate-speech or problematic posts with Linux, right? And don't go against Intel goy or I'll sick feminists on you. Now take my RdRand backdoor! Or do you hate women?

Attached: gurlpower.jpg (509x532, 55K)

That's because Linux is just a kernel. It doesn't handle any of that.

>7GB
Wow! Really got me user. Must suck still being underage and unable to buy your own hardware.

wtf it deleted my Yakuza 0. My saves are gone too.

fuck off wangdong, check your SJW culture before pointing fingers at others

>properly
What you suggested leaves the user open to delayed updates, you blithering idiot.

Attached: brainlet.jpg (200x200, 13K)

>Really got me

natella will soon eat 100 gb out of your 120 gb SSD, keep crying and then come to the comfy linux user

also have last years thinkpad L470 with more RAM than your gayming desktop and a big HDD and a win7 desktop, bring to me yer underage mom

>please microsoft teach me how to computer
>yes, please do everything for me
>choice? I don't want that
microcucks are the worst

>chooses to delay an update
>gets pwned
>blames Mike Rowe Soft
Yeah nah, Microsoft's looking out for her users here. You're a retard.

You do get a choice, bucko. You can easily disable it. Stop being such a moron.

Attached: Reserved_storage_enabled.png (899x709, 90K)

its more common than you think for normies and boomers to fill their hard drives nearly tp capacity and then have windows update effectively lock it up with an unending update cycle that keeps failing

Show me the lowest value that can go to. Try setting it to 0.

What alternatives do we have if we want to use a fully-functioning PC? Linux is a joke for everyone other than autistic devs and Apple is gay.

PureDarwin

>Yeah nah, Microsoft's looking out for her users here. You're a retard.
They were looking out for their users with all those updates which deleted files, right?

Tough titties for them, why the fuck should I lose space just because some people can't computer?

Guys, new game: name ONE good design decision made for Windows in the last year.

>mascot is a nigger duck

no

>Linux is a joke for everyone other than autistic devs
Yeah, must be why it dominates every market except desktop then. Also, all supercomputers run in-house Linux distros.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usage_share_of_operating_systems

>except desktop

Cool, and once it isn't a broken piece of shit on desktop I'll consider trying it out again. Until then it's a broken piece of shit.

why would you need 7 fucking gigabytes to update the kernel and drivers and bunch of shitty 4mb apps like calculator, paint and shit?
how the fuck do they spend all that space?

>screeching about 7GB

It's not 2005 anymore.

But it's not. I work in Linux daily just fine, much better than on Windows. You just don't like it.

>uuu is broken piece of shit bro
So, which distro did you try? I guess not a single one.

>lol who cares
And this is why Windows will keep the crown of worst OS in existence.

If you're a dev then I'm sure it works great for you. If by "just fine" you mean having to constantly tweak shit because something breaks every update then sure, it's "just fine."

Manjaro

One update completely fucked my system. Getting completely normal, everyday software to work was too time-consuming.

>we have a lot of space, so lets waste it all
Nobody asked the opinion of the web"programmer".

dumbass

Almost everyone has at least 1TB of system storage nowadays. Stop screeching. No one wants to use Linux.

WHY is Windows Update so fucking garbage?
Takes forever to download and install, sometimes requires multiple restarts and multiple steps to finish the install.
Whereas on GNU/Linux you just 'package manager update', takes a few second, at most a minute, only need to restart if kernel updated, and then it just starts up like normal, no extra fucking steps.

Funny, my Windows system never becomes unusable after an update.

This and
>delete your files

pagefile on ssd? what amount of ram do you have?

>out of the gazillion distros, he tried not a stable Debian/Ubuntu based but Arch based rolling release style distro

*SLOWCLAP* come on op now use gentoo as well and badmouth the better OS

>if you watch movies and have a ton of anime in your computer you are rich
Wuttt?

Thanks Microsoft, always ensuring a Windows installation can hit 100GB

why not 8gb tho

"We have a lot of space, so let's waste it" is not an argument.
>how dare you do things properly, you nerd. get some life
pathetic

You do realize that you can actually repair your system with "downgrade"? There are also a dozen of full system backup tools available, as well as forums on which update issues are always reported. On top of being able to recover any data on Windows by EXT4 readers. Not to mention that you're in no way forced to update and can choose which software you want updated.

>mu..muh WINDBLOWS 10 IS BETTER !! IT JUST WERKS
glad the shills are getting fucked

>pagefile
are you seriously telling me you don't have 32+ GB of ram and pagefile disabled?

I enjoy updated software, grandpa.

only 7 gigs are left empty on 32gb default drives which are popular on small normalfag laptops nowadays.

Don't care. I don't have to worry about any of this shit on Windows.

One more year...

>What happened to Microsoft
pajeets

ples delet this sir

worst thing about that article is the pleb who wrote it said "this is why you should avoid pcs with little storage" when he shouldve said "this is why you avoid win 10"

>gets advice
>uuh I don care bout dat shit brah
I regret every second responding to you.
>I don't have to worry about any of this shit on Windows.
As much as you're clueless about Linux, you're at least double as clueless about your Windows.
theverge.com/2018/10/5/17940902/microsoft-windows-10-october-2018-update-deleting-documents-issues
And this is just a start.

‘Linux’ is a broad term.
There are hundreds of distros, even debian has telemetry you fucknut.

I'm not surprised since Microsoft's love for defective trinkets is off the charts, but it's funny anyway...

Attached: lol-supreme.jpg (2000x2000, 313K)

>hurhur thinkpad
how does it feel to live in your mom’s basement?

>people using older windows version
it's only a matter of time before everything WILL be only usable on 10, like it or not.

>implying half weekly ubuntu updates dont happen

enjoy yer unreliable system arch-ie

They bought all their programmers programming socks and fired all the ones who refused to wear them.

nah, never had an issue with Windows deleting my shit or becoming unusable after an update. Sniff my farts.

So what's the non-shit alternative then?
>inb4 loonix
>inb4 macos
>inb4 dead windows

not pajeets but overall incompetent sjw trash coder slaves of all nationalities

the drawing board experts now enjoy the fuckloads of $$$ made in the past and are on indefinite vacation leaving wangdows and its shills on fire

The entire Android system can fit TWICE in that amount of storage. AB partition scheme works like that, this allows actual fail-safe updates in background or dual booting ROMs. But MS does something retarded here.

Windows 7.

he's probably lying even about trying linux
don't bother

you natella eaters dont know what it is to be able to not have or disable telemetry

if you are incompetent retard, you have no choice, just bite the bullet with windows
if you are not a retard, use ltsb windows or gentoo

I doubt Microsoft care at all about those who are not migrating to 10. Like you say, one day the older versions will become unsupported and people will either switch to 10, OS X or some Linux distro. +95% will no doubt switch to 10. Windows 7 & 8.1 make up 55% of Windows installations, of those 50% will be either Corporates or people who don't know to upgrade. Maybe 5% of people will be stalling it and of that 5% maybe 1% of that are here on Jow Forums

I have tried it. Getting basic shit to work is a fucking headache.

Yeah, because otherwise they would have to develop an operating system for them. Super computers are embedded machines that are babysat by a team of programmers, they often have no more than one function and aren't full of variables like desktops. That's the only place that Linux makes sense, well, there are servers too that are like these super computers, but there are alternatives for them.

>calls last years thinkpad model the equivalent of living in moms basement

kek

>windows in a coma
I guess. I expected you to shill for 8.1

>No link
Fake and gay.

>name ONE good design decision made for Windows in the last year.
Impossible, they haven't made a single worthwhile decision since Windows 7. It's like Satya Nutella really wants to kill their desktop segment to focus on Azure/Office.

Oh no, what will I ever do without access to 7GB of my storage I wasn't using anyway.

If you're that tight on space you should be replacing your drive anyway.