So R9 confirmed, 12C/24T & 16C/32T confirmed

So R9 confirmed, 12C/24T & 16C/32T confirmed.

Based Jim for being our guy, confirmed.

Inteliviv for being eternally BTFO'd, confirmed.

Attached: lisa lisa.png (500x466, 173K)

>Ryzen 3
>3
Half-Life 3 confirmed

gl getting it to run @5GHz on all cores lmao

GIVE ME THAT 16c/32t MAMA SU

Attached: 1485233223327.jpg (2764x2073, 771K)

Intel shills won't apologize for their idiocy.

Oh look, the AMD hype train is rolling again. Surely this time they'll deliver.

Attached: 1516295748096.png (1228x1502, 1.07M)

12/16c Ryzens will probably come out a few months later, as/after 3rd gen Threadripper releases with higher core counts, 8/12c TR's would be cannibalized these Ryzens.

Apologize.

Attached: 1547066677041[1].png (598x273, 38K)

I'll take "What is a chiplet?, and what is high yield binning?" for 20 points Jim.

>8/12c TR's would be cannibalized these Ryzens.
Question is why the fuck would they even consider TRs below 16 cores to begin with?
Especially with TRs currently being EPYC with higher clock but less memory channels and PCie lanes.

if intel wasnt already dead, this will surely kill it

F

S

>why the fuck would they even consider TRs below 16 cores to begin with?
That's what I'm speculating. The next TR's will be 16 cores minimum, but the current ones aren't. Amd would not be able to clear old stock with 16 core Ryzens out there.

>Amd would not be able to clear old stock with 16 core Ryzens out there.
A TR still inherently has an advantage over a regular part, more PCie lanes and memory channels, if you sell them with a low enough price, which I have no doubt AMD is willing to do, I'm prety sure I've seen 1950X nearing 500 bucks and a 2990WX nearing 1300 bucks, I don't doubt there's a few people who would appreciate the advantage the platform brings but wouldn't go for it unless the prices of the CPU itself is near the desktop equivalent.

The main barrier for the lower core TRs might actually end up being the motherboard prices if they cut the chip costs dramatically.

Forgot to add that due to the way AMD treats their sockets that means going for a discounted 19xxX/2920X means that in the future you could still fit a 2990WX or whatever monster they're gonna unveil without changing anything outside of the CPU and cooling.
In a way it ensures the people buying those heavily discounted chips are gonna look at AMD first (and maybe even only look at AMD) when they need to upgrade.

I'm not going to apologize because Lisa should have just said that on stage.

Lisa is clearly playing with our hearts

You could tell she was very afraid of those ES chips crashing during the demo. Honestly I think she forgot to mention it because of that.

I think it was more that it was a coinflip on if the 9900k wins or not going by how close the numbers are (benchmark variance) as she seemed slightly surprised. Having a win even marginal looks far better than a marginal loss. Is why they spent more time stressing how early a sample it is with no fixed clock speed yet and to look at the power consumption.
If they can ramp up the clocks because the lower consumption then it could work nicely in the final product.

I can't wait for the 3rd gen TR

Nah she was already saying it's possible the chip might crash when they did the Forza demo.

>more PCie lanes and memory channels
I wonder how the addition of PCIE 4.0 will affect the lane issue on standard Ryzen.

Adored was right and so was Kyle

crashing the car
[spoiler]with no survivors[/spoiler]

WE ARE READY

Attached: 1499002310849.gif (367x265, 558K)

CPU lanes go 4.0, PCH lanes will be up to the chipset. No details on X570 yet.

But the real question is when???

This

Attached: 1536694146733.png (1200x800, 164K)

I thought they are going to release zen2 at ces but it's still on very early stages. How long does it take them to get zen2 to stores?

6 months

Valve is dead. They are shoveled money and have grown lazy and fat

The lowest first-gen TR had 8 cores, it's not impossible that they could do another one with the same core count as R7.
I could also see them doing something like 12C/24T R7, then 16C for lowest threadripper. While we've heard yields on Rome are good, 12C ryzen could also line up better with binning, since it's safe to assume TR is binned higher than Ryzen.

What do you mean dead? They're the defacto games distribution service. They have nearly a complete monopoly.

By confirmed, dy you mean, that you can actually use it in your computer right now?

What are chances, that they are putting RGBs there?

AAAAAAAHHHHH JIM WAS FUCKING RIGHT, EAT IT YOU SHITPOSTING INCEL KIKE MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

So here's my take
>Radeon VII is their prosumer card, the Vega FE equivalent. 16GB of HBM2 speak for themselves. I think these are MI60s repurposed either because of unusually high yields or not enough MI60s sold. Overall, not a bad card, nice uplift over Vega, that pricing, though. At least it comes with 2 good games/3. Unlike Nvidia. Nobody's gonna play BFV and Anthem will be dead in a month.
>We haven't seen Navi, Navi will be mid-range, they've said it before, with GDDR6. Perhaps the alleged high price of GDDR6 is what's putting them off from getting it out right now, as it has been reported to be 75% more expensive than GDDR5. Or perhaps Nvidia's troubled launch and reported faulty GDDR6s has forced them to stay off for now, until supply, pricing and faults short themselves out.
>The empty space on the Ryzen chip alluded to a missing chiplet, no reason for one chiplet to be positioned like that, if it weren't. Very important that the 8c/16t SKUs will be single chiplet. Curious to see if there will be configurations with 2x8c chiplets with inactive cores, or if all of them will be 1x8c chiplets. Similar for the

YES! MOAR RGB!
I put the red and ghz go zoom zoom

AMD will NEVER release anything that will completely BTFO Intel, and it's a smart jewish move on AMD's part: to dodge predatory pricing laws.

AMD will ALWAYS release parts that are "just a bit slower" than Intel. They deliberately release chips that absolutely destroys Intel in multi-threaded uses but "just appreciably loses" in single-thread uses so AMD can release chips that BTFOs intel in a specific segment in multi-thread while being 5%-15% slower in single-thread uses, so that they can sell it way below what Intel is selling theirs at.
tl;dr you're all brainlets