Ia water cooling legit or is it a meme? my Nvidya GTX970 4GB is running at 80-85c on some games(RS Siege,black ops 4...

Ia water cooling legit or is it a meme? my Nvidya GTX970 4GB is running at 80-85c on some games(RS Siege,black ops 4, Overwatch, Sleepind Dogs etc,) even with vsync turned on and I was wondering if water cooling would make a big difference.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 252K)

It's legit, but generally not necessary.

just bought my first custom loop about to install it,

>I-I-I h-hope its legit

It's legit, but if your only problem is that your hardware overheats at stock speed, you can better solve that by making sure it has good airflow. Water cooling won't help much if airflow in your case is restricted to begin with.

I am running a Vega 56 @ 64 Bios, overclocked and a 5820K @ 1.36V. Under full load my CPU reaches 85C and the GPU 48C with a 360 + 240 thick radiator setup. The whole box is a space heater ofc, so it is working quite well.

It's legit, but whether it is worth it is another question entirely. You need to see it as a hobby, really.

for the cost of cooling that gpu you could buy a new system. also noise levels arent hugely different due to pump noise

get a D5 - no pump noise

i have, theyre still louder than an air cooler. not cooler though

Baah, I ran a DDC pump for 9 years and it was fairly quiet. Upgraded to a dual DDC a week back (it was a cyber monday deal, 105E for two pumps, how could I resist?) with the idea that I can just put them at 30% to keep them quiet. But the pwm curve is pic related with 2000rpm actually resulting in 0 flow.

So I'm probably going to stick some noise dampening foam in there somehow.

Attached: fml.png (268x323, 41K)

Your GTX 970 is obsolete.
Buy a 2060

>buying a gpu that looks like it fell off the back of a truck for your vanity build

>my Nvidya GTX970 4GB is running at 80-85c on some games
With an overclock 170 core and 500mem, I get 60-65C PEAK temps.
The fuck are you doing with your, presumably stock 970?

Dude, jsut clean your cooler, and reapply thermal pastry. Custom loops are ok if you don't mind having to change the coolant every once in a while. Keep in mind, it could also introduce a host of different problems, if you aren't really sure what you're doing.

I don't know iv'e had it for a few years and on certain games it runs pretty hot.

Cleaning and applying new thermal paste only makes it cooler by a few degrees.

listen nigger "certain games" it's just games that fucking use your GPU to 100% As I said, even with torture tests, even with any games using it to 100%, my temps don't go over 60-65C, 65C is ABSOLUTE PEAK it has ever hit, and thats with 50% fan speed cap.

What's your point then.

My point is, what the FUCK is your cooling solution, and what the FUCK are you doing to the card, to make it run so hot.
My 970 is a mini, with a fucking 1 fan solution and 3 heat pipes. Why the fuck is your 970 running 20, TWENTY FUCKING DEGREES HIGHER AT STOCK than my overclocked 970

This.
I had a small 970 with a single fan. Never ever seen it hit 80°C outside of a torture test and my fucking old case only has one fan

I think I just have stock fans. On ontop, one near the front of the case, and two near the back. It really depends on the game but certain games run really hot. Not all though.Everything else in my PC's temp is fine. CPU,ram, HDD's, etc, all normal temps and my GPU is fine when not under heavy load/watching a video/idling. But like rainbow six siege or sleeping doggos it gets pretty fucking hot.

Even with a torture test mine while OC doesn't go above 65C on 50C fan cap, with a single fan.

is your room temp 40C? Is your gpu fans/fins clogged? Is your thermal paste fucked? Does your case not have sane airflow?
the FUCK are you doing?
No really what's your model?

idk what my room temp is. No they're not clogged iv'e sprayed them out with canned air multiple times. I'll upload some pics.

Attached: 20190109_143856.jpg (776x1040, 212K)

Attached: 20190109_143829.jpg (776x1040, 194K)

Attached: 20190109_143924.jpg (1040x780, 279K)

Attached: 20190109_143935.jpg (1040x780, 126K)

Attached: 20190109_144054.jpg (1040x780, 126K)

Attached: 20190109_144106.jpg (776x1040, 138K)

dios mio that fucking airflow
What the fuck is supposed to supply fresh air to the GPU? Yeah you got 2 fans sucking hot air above the GPU, and away from the CPU, but 1 shitty fan, trying to feed the entire system past a fuck ton of wires and harddrives.
Heres mine.

Attached: muh ITX case.jpg (930x816, 347K)

>power supply fan pointing towards the fucking top of the case
y-you literally don't have a concept of air flow, do you?

I didn't install that. Guess i'll have to take a look at that. It's a pretty small case though.

To add, i'm not sure if I can flip the PSU around because wouldn't the plug port be upside down then? I probably do need a bigger case though, what case do you reccomend.

>I didn't install that.
YOU WHAT?!
God damn it user, fucking look up case air flow videos, study some aero damanycs , fix your case before you burn down the house and get a dust filters for your intake.
Manage an airflow line between your intake and outtake and have the gpu and CPU get fed.

Read what I said, I don't think I can just flip it because the port plug will be upside down for the PSU. So maybe a new case is what I need?

It's not hard to have good airflow when there's nothing inside your case, user

Retarded PC
Your GPU stays cool bc it's throttling its Power consumption, these overclocks you're talking about are useless heh

>It's not hard to have good airflow when there's nothing inside your case, user
Ya think? Do you think maybe 95% of people keep their case uncluttered, manage cables and shit to have good airflow?

>port plug will be upside down for the PSU.
Just get a sane case.
I personally got Fractal Define S because it checked a lot of the things I needed.
Fractal nano, fracal c- mesh or any other brand with a similar design should suit you. Just look into modern cases, something between 50-100$ there is plenty of options there from multiple companies.

>Your GPU stays cool bc it's throttling its Power consumption,
Except I can see my gpu statistics and how often it throttles based on maximum volts or maximum power draw and maximum temperature.
Here is a hint retarded faggot, it NEVER throttles due to temperatures. Only the power limit or voltage limit which is raised for overclocking.

>these overclocks you're talking about are useless heh
Except the performance boost is tested and consistent, triple nigger.

Is that a lead bar taped to the bottom to make your computer moonproof?

Spaghetti wiring is proven not to affect temps in a meaningful way. So people like the guy you're relying to who don't bother with cable management, and even the guys who put silly things like anime figurines inside their cases, are in the clear.

Which one? i'm in leafland if that matters.

Attached: 123.png (1483x594, 200K)

Also iv'e never really installed PC components before, do cases usually come with fans and screws and shit or do I have to buy those separately?

>my Nvidya GTX970 4GB is running at 80-85c

you mean your GTX970 3.5GB is running at 70-74c

Cases usually come with one or more fans but they're sometimes lower quality or less fans than you want. Check the specs on the case.

>custom loop
>doesnt watercool the gpu too
>mods a fucking blower card to make it look like its spent a week sitting on the road outside
am i being tricked. why would anyone do this?

And its a monoblock too lmao. Absurd that they skipped a GPU block.

OP here justtried to flip the PSU...nope. Fucker isn't fitting. I could maybe drill some holes into the metal but idk if that would work cuz then the screws won't be wedged in between anything.I'll upload a pic of what it looks like before I tried flipping it to.

Attached: psu.jpg (776x1040, 255K)

>t. Nvidia or Newegg shill

Don't listen to him OP. Your GTX 970 is still relevent for at least 3 years (if a few interesting games start using real-time raytracing after that it might be time to change).
The only problem is it's a GTX 970 2.5/4 GB. Brand new graphic cards are now overpriced, but there are a lot of former miners selling their cards. Beware scams, but you might find a 1070 (as powerful, but more VRAM) for a good price. That would be a mild but nice upgrade.

Attached: psu 2.jpg (776x1040, 236K)

Would the $95 case be good then? I can't tell if it's bigger than the one I posted (mine) or not.

Meshify C will give you fantastic airflow. I'm using the NZXT H500 with two 140mm Noctua industrial fans on the intake. It sounds like I'm sitting in a wind tunnel under full load, but the only time that happens I'll have headphones on already. I prefer white noise anyway.

you think judging from the pics I sent all my shit will fit in there? I got a lot of shit and this tower seems taller than wider.

Like this maybe?

Attached: unknown.png (1397x854, 303K)

Easier to just sell it and buy a 2060

>he doesn't use a fishtank computer

Attached: ftank.jpg (872x656, 189K)

Blatant shilling should be against the rules.

Im legit about t9 sell my 970 and buy a 2060 because a 2060 is 80% faster

LOL!

Your video card isn't even worth the cost of the water cooling equipment. You would be doubling down on a problem.

Why not actually try to air cool your computer before going to water cooling?

80-85c is fine. dont be autistic. leave all your shit alone.

t. a guy who repasted when he was in the 90s and saw a 10c drop in temps to the 80s.

leave well enough alone

Yeah like I said i'm gonna try and get a bigger case. I tried flipping the PSU but the holes don't wanna line up..

Iv'e had my GPU for a few years so i'm just worried. It's fine while idle and on a lot of games but man when Sleeping Dogs goes into 85-86c average how the fuck am I suppose to play that for hours without the thing melting.

OP here. Someone told me that it seems like my GPU isn't underclocking when it gets hot, instead it's trying to dissispate heat (25% after he looked at all the information on my benchmarks and GPU shit he got me to test and show him.) but it's not working. He told me to try the fire...something forgot the name of it. It was on 3D benchmarking software.

He said it's getting too hot too fast so I would need to repaste it. I just don't wanna do it because iv'e never repasted a GPU before and i'm afraid i'll fuck something up.

What if I drilled holes into the glass ontop?

Then spend 30 minutes of your time and $10 for thermal paste

It's a better investment than letting your graphics card get fucked and having to spend $150-300 for another decent one

when using soft tubes do you put the fittings on the tubes, when measured, or the fittings on the res block ect the push the tubes on?

Iv'e never taken one apart. I don't even know if this temp is really a problem and iv'e heard even if I repasted it i'd get maybe a few degrees less max.

Ever think that maybe that fucking massive rats nest of cables and the shitty $30 tin can case isn't cooling the card enough? Along with the inch layer of dust.

If your case temps are more than 5'c higher than room temp that's your problem

ever consider that you're a nigger?

horrible value
only worth it on most expensive card because just upgrading the card to next tier is more effective than water cooling expense/hassle.

So basically only makes sense in slim cases.

haha you sure showed him, based fellow white man

>my Nvidya GTX970 4GB is running at 80-85c on some games

reseat your heatsink and test differing amounts of thermal paste. you could probably bring the temp down a good amount

that will only bring it down maybe 5-6c tops.