Join an IRC channel that coincides with my interests

>join an IRC channel that coincides with my interests
>introduce myself in a friendly manner
>everyone starts flaming me and bullying me incessantly
Honestly I am glad that IRC is dying. Discord is much less toxic and more inclusive to new people.

Attached: rick stewie.jpg (781x987, 212K)

Exactly the same thing happened to me on a few discord servers. Who knew groups of power hungry shutins would be unpleasant to deal with

>be op
>go into irc channel
>start faggoting
>people call you a queer
>get asshurt
>make a 4channel blogpost crying about cyber bullying
And the consequences will never be the same.

Attached: bugs.jpg (248x459, 18K)

Oh look, this thread again.

just close your eyes pussy

Attached: be9.jpg (460x500, 42K)

Why? It happened to me again

>waaah my feelings are hurt because someone said a mean thing to me on online chat
i pity wimpy maggots like you
man up pussy

>Who knew groups of power hungry shutins would be unpleasant to deal with

That describes any internet clique. It's why gaming is so toxic too, in most cases.

>Discord is much less toxic and more inclusive to new people.

Funny. A number of people in the Discord servers I'm in end up creating new servers so they can talk to all of the same friends from their previous server, minus one or two dickheads they didn't like. This process has been repeated multiple times.

Changing the medium doesn't change the fact that people will be cunts. The ability to broadcast yourself anonymously to a large enough audience inevitably ends up with people getting their feelings hurt. Discord doesn't change any of this.

>this thread again
based
this
also this

You're not supposed to introduce yourself in an IRC channel. You're supposed to interact with other users and bring something new and interesting to the table. Imagine going to a talk about internet security and the first thing you do instead of saying "Hey I came here to talk about xyz and these are the conclusions, By the way I'm user" you go "Hey I'm user and I just wasted your time". Of course everyone's gonna tell you to fuckoff. If you want just social interaction instead of interaction about a certain topic either go outside or go to an IRC channel that is about social interaction not autism.

>post on a 4channel board that coincides with my interests
>introduce myself in a friendly manner
>everyone starts flaming me and bullying me incessantly
Honestly I am glad that Jow Forums is dying. Reddit is much less toxic and more inclusive to new people.

You niggers fucking glow

Never happened to me.
>#asm
>#C
>#tor

hello pajeet. let me inform you of something: appeals to niceness don't work on Jow Forums. you are by far the most retarded dotnigger schill i have ever come across. sage.

lurk moar spigot

>sage
bump

Power abuse, common in IRC and any network platform.

I've never had a problem like that. #forth #ubuntu #ardour #jack

Maybe you're saying things that are off topic.

Attached: 1512411686093.jpg (1024x768, 130K)

>>Discord is much less toxic and more inclusive to new people.
It seems like half of every server are trannies and the other half are gay people

Discord and IRC aren't even comparable seeing as IRC is for chatting with strangers whereas Discord is for chatting with IRL friend groups
Which is why I only use Discord and don't use IRC
(I have a life, you see)
That being said if I wanted to chat with strangers I would use IRC for it, Discord is shit for that. Your experience to the contrary is invalid, LOL

I wonder if anybody has actually done anything with that hub.

you dont need to introduce yourself that way. You just join the conversion when there is one fucking tard.

imagine being so mad about being bullied on IRC that he made this thread more than once
absolutely seething

ive been banned more times on discord then on irc.

can you guys recommend me a good irc to join where I can say nigger and just be racist?

>join discord "guild"
>get direct messages from separate 3 bots
>"read our rules before participating"
>have to wait 10 minutes before I can type
>type command hidden in 5000 word wall of rules
>have to wait 12 hours before owner gets on to accept my request
>greeted with pic

Attached: 2DQV8.png (1915x1851, 204K)

Discord is shit because the internet is filled with meme culture. Join any channel with randos and it's just a bunch of faggots trying to out meme each other or trying to impress that girl who always whispers into her mic. Everyone will reveal their uninteresting personalities because they don't know anything outside of memes. NSFW chats are also places where the truly sad and desperate reside. I mostly use Discord with my friends since Skype is trash and new people that I meet and interact with are always mutual friends.
Based

>that'll hold'im alright heheheheheh
>phooey

looks fun uwu

Irc.madirc.net #Elite

your interests must be gayming or some other degenerate shit like ponies or anime. no wonder the communities surounding your shubhuman interests are subhuman in behavior

irc.rizon.net

search for channels that start with "Jow Forums", theres a bunch

Getting hardchatted is part of the initiation to any good IRC server. If you pass the hazing and don't act like a total faggot they welcome you in.

this. another upside of reddit: there's no anime bullshit there.

the great thing about being on Jow Forums is im used to just telling people i don't like or are wrong to just fuck off

>topic: Don't say hi, just ask your question!
>OP: Hi!
>OP:

Good, the less pussies on irc the better.

Attached: 1539520357670.png (405x554, 317K)

>go to prison
>see a group of white thugs thinking they will be friendly with you
>"hello fellow inmates, my name is Steve and I wish to be your friend"

Attached: bait.jpg (1103x958, 233K)

Shouldn't have gone to a channel about flaming and bullying. Or get better hobbies

Attached: hqdefault-1.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>all that wasted space
how many scroll wheels did discord claim so far?

You have to go back, rick and morty fan