Prospective AMD Buyer Here

Can someone explain why I should wait for VII and not get this?

Attached: ohnononooo.png (1557x419, 361K)

Or this?

Attached: 1547074826290[1].png (1440x2880, 574K)

1 less game, 1 less fan and half the memory? idk.

There was an MSI one for sale for $630 a couple days ago. If you made the calculated decision that AMD was going to drop a hot 7nm turd at CES that was the time to buy. I'm sure there will be other deals too.

you would get reddit points on Jow Forumsamd

You actually get good games with the VII. Still wouldn't recommend buying it until there is some actual benchmarks & reviews

more noise, hotter, more power consumption, who even needs 16gb for gaming which this targets

Dual slot coolers for the 2080 and 2080Ti leave a lot to be desired, kinda like the Vega reference air cooler. Temps won't be great.

Personally, I think both cards are a good choice for someone looking for an upgrade, but it is best to see the performance of each. Rumor has it that the VII will be superior in Vulkan titles, so if you play a lot of those then it'd be the better buy.

>tl;dr: dropping $700 is big deal, wait for the competition to see if there are any other price drops or stuff like that

if the games weren't EA bullshit then probably

>more noise
well generally more fans = cooler card meaning the fans won't have to ramp up to a higher rpm than 2 fans.
>hotter
you're buying a high end card to play high/ultra graphics most cards get hot.
>more power consumption
shit if you're worried about a couple of extra dollerydoos and the environment don't buy a high end gpu.
>who needs 16gb
if its at the same price why the fuck not?

3 actually good free games.

with this many nvidia shills on Jow Forums now, i think amd is doing something right

>cost included in the price of GPU
>"free"
if there's one thing Nvidia is good at, it's milking sheep

VII sucks and is underwhelming

RTX lineup is way better

>who even needs 16gb for gaming which this targets
repeat that after you saw requirements for The Division 2

>paying for HBM2 on non-workstation
>less compute units than Vega 64

this is like a dumpster product till they actually get something new going. RTX is definitely better still

ROPs and VRAM doubled. well we will see performance very soon. AIB cards won't be there any time soon IF AT ALL, sadly.

Idk, personally from my mediocre perspective it seems like everyone should wait for next gen (2nd gen RTX) and new architecture from AMD to care

this is just more of the same it feels like and RTX utilization is only beginning. At $700 it seems miss priced for what the market would want so it's probably only reasonable price they could work with 7nm on.

protip: AMD does not actually want people to buy Radeon 7s. They would much rather sell those same cards as very expensive MI50 to HPC customers. They only want to sell as many as it takes to keep the brand name from sliding further.

Reading not very far between the lines, Navi is super delayed and won't be out until the Holidays in the best case.

yep, just like 590 it feels like a prototype product just to have an offering and stay in news/youtube/articles

VII has slightly better perf and way better bundled gaymes

prototype might not be the right word for a product that's been here for years now, even with the changed node. but it's definitely true that they just want to have something fresh, even if it's underwhelming like both RX 590 and RX VII. it helps that nvidia went turbo shekel mode for turing.

>Better cooling
>Better performance
>The included games are actually good

My Vega 64 Nitro+ is pretty cool and quiet since the Sapphire cooler is actually fucking great

>(2nd gen RTX

There wont be one.
Rtx will be killed in infacy by DXR and VulkanRT

the RTX features aren't turbo shekel mode though. nvidia is actually pushing state of the art in rendering architecture even with higher prices to milk the market.

It's only 7-8 out of 10, not a full 10

RTX uses and supports those..

RTX is done via DXR, thats why the windows patch was necessary for it to work.

AMD can do it too.

But it doesn't have dedicated parts for ray tracing or tensor cores. Id like to see an amd gpu run the ray tracing benchmarker released recently

You should get neither. Try a used 1080ti, save yourself $200.

VEGA is using oldass architecture . there is 0 reason to even consider an AMD card.

recommending a used card for value is an obvious thing. You can't compare the value in buying a used card = to the value in a new card.

Majority of people will not buy a used PC part online due to the hassle. Of course it is cheaper.

>Can someone explain why I should wait
Becaues $700 is a bit much to pay for 2080 levels of performance. You should be able to get it for around $600, perhaps less. Not even talking about AMD alternatives, if you wait a bit and look around you'll probably be able to find that exact card or another 2080 or a Vega64 card cheaper. Right now there's a store in my country with Asus Strix Vega64 cards 24% off. I'd totally buy that over the 2080 you're looking at (because it's so much cheaper for the about same level of performance).

If you really want that card now and you don't mind overpaying a bit then go ahead. It's up to you if you want to look around for a few weeks and save $100 or not.

>Rtx will be killed in infacy by DXR and VulkanRT
Absolutely brainlet post.
RTX is nvidia's hardware/driver implementation of DXR and VRT.

Attached: 16826b066bb72775.webm (298x168, 331K)

Who the fuck would play The Division 2? Seriously

Shouldn't get either, they both are overpriced garbage.

>Anthem
>Battlefield V
>Good
Is this an nvidia shill or an EA shill?

>Can someone explain why I should wait for VII and not get this?
Because nobody should be spending money on a fail yield TU104-400 chip sold under bait/switch marketing tactics.

Gaymes keep wanting more VRAM. I imagine 8gb is just a year or two away from being standard for all mid range gpus

Probably wait until the VII gets benched marked by 3rd parties atleast if your going to splurge that much in a gpu?

This. Always this.

I'm still highly skeptical of RTX, consoles and mobile will never be able to access it due to it being nvidia only. Modern GPU viewports can almost manage real time raytracing of entire scenes, at some point it's going to be sensible to just raytrace everything rather than a convoluted combination of raster with select aspects raytraced.

you do know DX supports raytracing. It's not exclusive to nvidia, it's that only nvidia has specific hardware on card to use it. AMD can do the same in future cards

>wait for VII
Why not wait for RTX 3080 then? Why not just buy a console since it's simple and you're so indecisive?

wait for 10 generations from now

If value is a concern just look up the benchmarks per price you want to pay. Waiting is bad advice but I do think next gen will be more exciting than RTX has been.

>you do know DX supports raytracing. It's not exclusive to nvidia, it's that only nvidia has specific hardware on card to use it. AMD can do the same in future cards
The way it's done in RTX/DX it's not properly raytraced, it's still a raster render just with some very limited raytraced data on top.

Proper raytracing is purely a software render, Nvidia and MS are likely pushing this as computers are getting very close to doing proper real time ray tracing, full ray tracing does not require directX or specific GPU hardware. Nvidia relies on patents related to GPU raster rendering to prevent competition, with full raytracing you may still have "GPUs" but they would be nothing more than simple compute CPUs spammed across the entire chip. Xeon phi is about what GPU hardware would look like if full raytracing was the norm.

You get this and use with an AMD CPU, just like the old times.

On the early 3D acceleration era, you either had an Nvidia GPU with AMD CPU, or intel CPU with 3Dfx GPU, due how the drivers were optimized.

What's the best time of the year to buy GPUs? Looking to do mid-level 4k gaming, don't mind not getting the best of the best as long as it's below $1000. I can wait the whole year if necessary.

depends on the year. black friday usually good in terms of prices.

The VegaVII as a result of its HBM memory has a much smoother rendering curve than GDDR cards.

That means less latency spikes and fewer frame drops which is more important than Average FPS

Second. The FPS of Vega will be higher than the 2080. The demos you saw at CES are with early drivers and with a stock 1800mhz clock

The cards once properly tuned on voltage will boost much higher and as a result of that, better crimson drivers and HBM the average FPS of the card will creep up past the 2080 especially at 4K

Geforce drivers suck crusty asshole so its worth it to buy vega just to have their better software suite.

Also you will save 300$ on a freesyn monitor with identical specs to a G-Sync Monitor.

i remember the consistency meme being pushed with ryzen and vega too, both proved to be bullshit made up by amd fanboys like yourself.

Well duh. Better textures are a simple way of making the visuals better without actually affecting performance a lot (assuming you actually have the necessary VRAM)