Why is it legal for a website to track all my browsing in a cookie merely for visiting the site?

Why is it legal for a website to track all my browsing in a cookie merely for visiting the site?

Attached: IMG_20181129_222159.jpg (1024x506, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bing.com/images/search?q=buffoon&FORM=HDRSC2
google.com/search?&hl=fr&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=F0T0W5X9MYKJlwSMz7T4BQ&q=buffoon
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>walk into store
>clerk watches you
>keeps track of how you shop and what you're looking for
>clerk talks to you and learns that you're looking for something
>they suggest something and you buy it, then leave
>come back a few months later
>clerk recognizes you
>makes product suggestions
>"Oh my god are you tracking me? This should be illegal!"

kys libcuck

Tuck Frumpf

>walk into any public business
>security cameras audio video recording
>why is it legal for a business to track my every move merely for visiting the site?

Yes. We need more government regulation, and more non-english speaking low skilled immigrants to give free healthcare to.

>clerk watches you
>keeps track of how you shop and what you're looking for
>clerk recognizes you
That's exactly the kind of creepy behaviour I hate about shops, and why I almost exclusively shop online these days. Fuck forced social interactions.

That's not how it works.
Read up on tracking cookies.
What you're talking about is site persistent data. In any form. Tracking cookies help a site track you when you're on other sites.
It's as if you're being stamped with a bar code which every store then reads and stamps on another bar code that's specific to them.

>walk into store
>clerk plants a tracking bug on your lapel
>see you later user!
>bug transmits your location and has homeless people beg you for change
>bug transmits video ads of blackdildos because you looked at one earlier

Autism triggered , faggotry activated

>walk into store
>clerk watches you and keeps track of what you buy and looking for
>after you leave he creates a profile of you and shares it with other stores
>all stores add details about you, your shopping habits, your movement around town and your life in general
>suddenly one day you see huge billboards outside your home specifically aimed at you

That analogy is incorrect. You're visiting a website which is proceeding to load into and run what is effectively malicious code onto your private property and monitoring you with your private property and the property itself with very little in the way of informing you, and certainly without your consent.

At a store you're at a public venue, on private property as a patron to the store. Expectations of privacy are naturally kept to a minimum. LP procedures are in place to ensure thieves are dealt with and revenue loss is marginalized, anyways, not to monitor individual customers.

Thats exactly my point. Why is it legal for a site to install a tracking cookie just for me visiting it once

Faggots like you are the reason every website has popup banners with "I agree" buttons because they use cookies.
Explain how a cookie is malicious code

It's the equivalent of taking someones business card and showing it to them if they ask if you have it in the future.
If you actually care about privacy complain bout google tracking cell phones by triangulation when they disable location services. or Microsoft telemetry that is basically keylogging your whole computer.

Good you care about privacy, but larp about cookies.... please.

> walk into store
> clerk puts as many cameras and eyes as possible on you, reports you and all you do or think or talk about to 1000 partner companies who trade your data
> clerk also attaches tracking tag to your shoes so they can improve the reliability of tracking you in the next store
KGB and Gestapo together were not only not capable of doing surveillance like this, they'd probably overwhelmingly think it goes too far for random people.

Get your national variant of GDPR adopted, this shit is ridiculous.

Nice jewing, dude. Jew some more, you are good at this

In the EU they have to ask.
But I think you're asking the wrong question.
Legal is the default in most countries. Why is not illegal. I can't answer that.

Privacy laws are in their infancy. My thought is that they'll eventually catch up when the public provides enough push back, much like what happened with telemarketing in the early 2000s. Until then, there are a number of utilities that can prevent site tracking.

the public doesn't give half a shit about their privacy
People are paying to install Amazon and Google always-on microphones in their homes

Because gummyment doesn't know the internet and if anything considers it a threat.
So for all the morons calling up the gummyment asking them to intervene, a) they will intervene in the dumbest way possible and it will solve nothing or b) they will outright do some damage.

Miserable cultist detected

The public has a bigger learning curve the you autistic weebs. It'll take a bit more time but they'll get there

Attached: 5B4A6B85-FA35-424D-97FA-0C53F92B7E09.jpg (1024x506, 60K)

Fair point. However making companies liable for repeatedly and willfully violating your privacy without consent would be similiar to the do not call lists for sales calls. I dont get sales calls because the company will get fined if they persist.

peak autism detected

Probably no

>I'm with her amirite guise

Binary politics.
user...

The equivalent of a cookie would be a store that gives you some access card, or like discos, those give you some paper bracelet to come and go or go to the vip

People is always ahead of the law, once telemarketing was regulated things moved up to another unregulated level

>certainly without your consent
Your browser is designed to accept the tracking cookies without your input, and show them to every website that asks. You know your browser does this, or else you wouldn't be complaining about it. Most browsers allow you to disable this behavior in settings, and you have chosen not to do that.
If you don't want tracking cookies on your computer, then stop downloading fucking tracking cookies on your computer you imbecile.

Attached: toolbars.jpg (1024x768, 361K)

Because of Trump and his kike schemes.

DRUMPFIES BTFOREVER

bing.com/images/search?q=buffoon&FORM=HDRSC2

google.com/search?&hl=fr&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=F0T0W5X9MYKJlwSMz7T4BQ&q=buffoon

>Why is it legal for a website to track all my browsing in a cookie merely for visiting the site?
because it's not illegal