Real talk, is it time yet to replace this 2500k? I've been running this shit for at least 6 years now

Real talk, is it time yet to replace this 2500k? I've been running this shit for at least 6 years now.

Attached: o2sUwjT.png (417x413, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

anandtech.com/show/10540/the-geforce-gtx-1060-founders-edition-asus-strix-review/12
youtube.com/watch?v=TJN5GfZuVog
streamable.com/qodrq
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yes, if not now, within the next year or two at absolute most.

Even OC'd to 4.5GHz+ a 2500k just can't keep up with modern gaming, especially at 144hz.

You waited this long, just wait until the new Ryzens are out. They're the first of 7nm, so probably the next big "leap" before a bunch of smaller ones that follow.
If you get one of the higher ends, you could probably get 12 or 16 cores, provided they really are using chiplets, which it seems to be the case. Should last you another life time.

>4 threads
user...

Honestly, no. I'm still rocking mine and I have yet to find something where it is lacking.

If someone doesn't do rendering, why would it matter?
If I wanted more parallel computing power I'd just shove it on the GPU.

>I have yet to find something where it is lacking.
well ignorance is bliss I suppose.

Unless you're still using 1080p60, you should notice obvious failings of the 2500k at this point if you play even remotely modern games.

You haven't been playing many games over the last 3-4 years if you honestly think 4 threads is enough for gaming.

Especially regarding 0.1% and 1% FPS lows, 4 threads is heavily impacting your performance, ESPECIALLY a CPU that old where the single core performance is a good 20-30% lower than an 8th or 9th gen intel, or even 10-15% slower than Ryzen 2000 single core.

Why wouldn't I use 1080p? I'm still rocking a 40" 1080p monitor, no need for anything else.
Oh hell, I only switched to it in the first place because my 17" CRT died back then anyways.

Because its 2019. I haven't been using 1080p since 2010.

Honestly, even at 1080p for AAA titles, the 2500k simply can't handle itself, try GTA5 ultra settings with a 2500k vs an 8700k. Both paired with a decent GTX 1070 or similar and you'll see massive performance difference, not just in average FPS, but in 0.1% lows especially.

2500k is stutter city due to the low thread count and inferior IPC compared to modern intels.

>Ryzen

No thanks

lol fag

I do, might as well just upgrade the GPU if I was to upgrade anything makes a much bigger difference.

No need to upgrade it if it works just as well? It's not like there is any discernible difference anyways.

It seemed to handle it just fine on my 780 Ti.

never had stutter on my 4.6ghz 2500k+gtx 1060 in GTA V. playing 1080p with settings cranked up and never drop below 60FPS.

hello poojeet

enjoy your obsolete fire lake being raped by a mid-range Ryzen

>never had stutter on my 4.6ghz 2500k+gtx 1060 in GTA V. playing 1080p with settings cranked up and never drop below 60FPS.
Weird how Anandtech, using a much faster 4960X CPU and an OC'd GTX 1060 got sub 50fps, and barely average over 60fps.

anandtech.com/show/10540/the-geforce-gtx-1060-founders-edition-asus-strix-review/12

maybe if you lie hard enough, you'll magically beat out an 8700k and an RTX 2080Ti.

Attached: 83293.png (650x450, 33K)

He's probably playing with grass settings lowered, they're extremely demanding. I play at 4K on my overclocked 1080Ti and if I drop the grass settings from Very High I can maintain 60pfs 99% of the time.

>It seemed to handle it just fine on my 780 Ti.
No, it didn't. The 780Ti is even worse than the GTX 1060 posted here

Bullshit, just driving through the city at a decent speed with no grass around at all would 100% cause his CPU to shit itself. Same if you had a ton of exploding vehicles nearby or a ton of collisions happening nearby.

I'm sure it's somewhat playable, but there is no chance in hell a 2500k is providing smooth steady 60fps, no matter what GPU it's paired with.

It definitely does, the only game I found I had to lower settings was Arma 3, where I had to decrease the view distance.

they have long shadows+supersample shadows enabled that murders GPUs, that has nothing to do with CPU performance.

here's a screenshot I just took seconds ago. everything cranked out with 4x msaa except for your supersample shadows.

Attached: 1-10-19-1295158521.jpg (1920x1080, 428K)

A screenshot without an FPS counter is supposed to mean what to me exactly?

again, lie to yourself all you want, but you're not magically getting more performance just because you want to.

If you're okay with the stutter, by all means, enjoy it.
But pretending it's stutter free and always above 60fps is a joke. I have built a half dozen gaming computer in the last month that are more powerful than that and even they get dips below 60fps at 1080p using newer and more powerful CPUs and much newer GPUs.

If it's good enough for your use, great. But lying just makes you look like a retard.

look at top right retard, I can even make a webm for you.

>I can even make a webm for you.
Go right ahead. Hell. Run the GTAV benchmark if you actually want to show me something.

Attached: gta-v-bench-1080-u.jpg (966x650, 76K)

what are you trying to prove here?

Like I said, 0.1% and 1% lows are obviously below 60.

give a me min then

I'm off to lunch for a bit, but i'll be back in an hour or so, take your time.

thats what im waiting for with my phenom II 955

And that's not even a 780 Ti, and not even overclocked like my 780 Ti Classified.
So, as I said, capable of handling it just fine.

It's also a CPU more powerful than your own.

But mine is overclocked to 4.6GHz while that one is at stock.

>be absolute brainlet and 0 interest to actually learn about it
>CPUs have the same GHz number for 10 years now
>apparently the same number still means its faster
>confused

980X here
dropped 1k€ on it, best buy I ever did on a CPU but the time is closing in
coupled it with an original Kepler Titan, also 1k€
pretty crazy prices we have today on GPU's damn

honestly never had stutter on my 2500K in GTAV with high settings

But even 18 years ago this was explained to you.
youtube.com/watch?v=TJN5GfZuVog
Though this really just shows how shitty the Pentium 4 is. But this is a good example
Clockspeed != performance
Instructions-per-clock are much more important these days.

when is this chart from lol
my r9 290x (with newer drivers clearly) outperforms their 980 in this game

Thank user

A 2500k is still fine as long as you don't plan on going above 1080p@75hz

delid dis

Attached: 1527629778452.jpg (679x758, 54K)

my nigga
i'm on the same boat, waiting for ryzen3 actual specs and benchs to see which jew i'll please this year

>2500k is fine as long as you don't plan on squeezing more than bulldozer performance
ok

doesnt matter just look up benchmarks
ignore ghz number

benchmarks are just paid shills

>A FX-8350 is still fine as long as you don't plan on going above 1080p@75hz

Lmfao

>there is no chance in hell a 2500k is providing smooth steady 60fps, no matter what GPU it's paired with.
>just driving through the city at a decent speed with no grass around at all would 100% cause his CPU to shit itself
>But pretending it's stutter free and always above 60fps is a joke

So what's this then? a 2500k not stuttering while recording gameplay. Get fucked retards.
streamable.com/qodrq

Attached: 1413231865191.png (361x691, 208K)

>is it time yet to replace this 2500k?
why?
what would a newer CPU do that this one doesn't?

tl;dr no

I got a 4770 for free so I finally upgraded.

This is the kind of mentality that lead to smartphones and tablets.

I have no idea, probably old since it's comparing with a 780.

so instead of refuting a logical argument you post shit

no unless you're pairing it with a gtx 1080 or its the non K model

That is the logic you're spouting here. Why are people not buying PCs nor parts for them when old busted shit and small mobile devices does the same shit?

?

Attached: 8e08061d38152084f8f527be6e9f82653c586c0b0d4442b688038ab89b37c04d.jpg (900x1200, 243K)

>My gaymen pc doesnt stutter
>posts clip with noticeable stutter.

Attached: T1pY1qfe5t2.png (500x440, 106K)

Anything that stops devs making more bloated websites, 40MB terminals and 50GB text editors is a good thing.

point out the timestamp in the video

LMAO BTFO SO HARD. I always knew those benchmarks reviews are shit and made in such a way to shill brand new shit all the time. Ive never experienced such bad performance as they show in those benchmarks on my pc. Thanks user for proving all those consumerism whores wrong.

if it works dont fix it

>old busted shit
his system is working and presumably able to do what he needs to do
he's literally looking for a reason to upgrade, but there isn't one

if his shit was busted and not working, he wouldn't wouldn't need to ask if there was a reason to buy something new, because the reason would be self evident.

you are just some stupid faggit kid who thinks they need to upgrade so they can feel special about having new shit

>all those microstutters

LMAOing at ur life

The one thing I learned is ram is important.

Mix matching trimmings fucks you so bad.

Who cares if you hate ryzen/amd the fact remains, once it's released cpu price to performance for the consumer increases. Both Intel's and AMD's hardware will be better buys if he waits for the coming release.

See

This is why you don't buy an i5. Look at this poor man.

Based

/pcbg/ shills got BTFO

Roasted

I sold my i5 2500 non-k along with mobo and ram yesterday. It was at 100% in any AAA game from the last 3 years.

I don't think it's time to replace components until you start running into things you can't do, or can't do as quickly as you'd like to. Replacing computer components needlessly is a terrible way to manage your money. You could put that money into investments or something that will bring you value in the future where computer components, like cars, depreciate very rapidly and become virtually worthless within a short timespan.

If only you paid for hyper-threading. You'd be gaming this very day.

nice

I know it might sound kinda pointless but would it be wise to buy a used i7 2600/2700k or even the 3k series to get better game performance?
Are these still kinda good in 2019? I feel like the i5 2500k bottlenecks the performance of R6: Siege even overclocked, and it can reach up to 90C if so

I can find used i7's for LGA1155 sockets that cost under 100$ btw

the problem is finding a good motherboard, they're either used to death or very expensive.

My current motherboard is 1155. That's why I am wondering about this specifically for LGA1155. MB seems to be working fine still

i7 2600k can be overclocked to 5.0 on watercooling and it performs like a beast, but it's going to run hot and use a lot of TDP. So if you're on a budget it's a good choice for games. But if you can afford to spend a bit more then go for Ryzen since you get more IPC and more cores/threads for productivity/rendering software.

replace it with a Ryzen 7 3700x in June

Only $500 dollarydoos. Plus motherboard and RAM!

ryzen doesn't fit on an LGA1155 dummy.
Not planning to upgrade my PC yet. Just thinking of giving it some extra mileage until I can actually afford a real rig

>implying new Intel hardware is any cheaper

Im on i7-4770. No issues in any games so far, even Battlefield V on WQHD still running 60 fps What will the next gen consoles use 6/12 or 8/16 ? Considering the 3300X or the 3600X

Get a 2600/3600
Get the stepdown motherboard line like b450 at $110
16gb DDR4 kits are approaching levels of $80-$100 including the ram sticks for optimal ryzen use.
You can get this all for less than the price of an intel 9700k now

t. 8700k club

Why? My Sandy Bridge werks.

I had a 6600k at 4.8ghz and while running games as intensive as say BF1 etc. 4c 4t max cpu usage. Game ran fine but overall system stability would stutter and brick say if was to tab out onto my and monitor. If focusing on the game itself is all you want then dont change, but if you want a little more horsepower for multi-monitor multitasking or end up playing games whose engines rely on throwing more cores to increase perf. The switch from my 6600K to this beast was night and day for me because all round it was a pretty big improvement for me. I just suggested a 2600 for the same reason for stability is all.

Attached: 2018-12-24_00-19-53.png (650x581, 547K)

Oh don't worry I have an i7.

kek