What do you think about ungoogled-chromium

What do you think about ungoogled-chromium, im using that right now and its feel confortable.

Attached: ungoogled.jpg (474x263, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/intika/Librefox
support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections
youtube.com/watch?v=nQzW7ngC1Dc&t=160s
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

god tier

Sucks that you have to manually download extentions with some code instead of a well maintained and easily updatable store like the Chrome store.

>browser that refuses to run as root and displays a stupid toolbar notification if you bypass it
Nap, that's a big yeikes from me dawg.

Exactly. Theres no reason at all to deal with this shit when firefox exists

>firefox
> botnet

Wouldn't the correct term be degoogled?

I refuse to use it, because using Chromium in any form just gives Google even more leverage over the Internet.

>firefox
>able to debotnet it

I use it, it's fast, but I'm slightly anxious about trusting some guy to manage/compile/take care of securities in the piece of software I use the most. Google has a lot to lose if they are caught doing foulplay but what about this dude? Anyway I still use it because of speed

use the --test-type startup parameter and you dont get the bar

I agree with your sentiment user but even firefox is about to start using the chromium engine

>running browser as root
Yeah, that happened.

it's OK, but remember, any free work that people make in Chromium benefits Goolags monopoly.

so use Firefox, the best freedom browser.

Attached: 666.jpg (792x211, 17K)

mind redpilling me on debotnetting ff?

Ghacks user.js

firefox does not have bothet

if you don't want to send error reports, DRM, or WebRTC
then just use Tor Browser
completely untrackable Firefox

ungoogled chromium is one of the best softwares browsing computer management system. Enjoy it!

Is as easy fingerprinted as stock Google Chrome though both are harder to fingerprint than Brave or Vivaldi.

If you want to be anonymous there is no other way than using Firefox. Apart from that yea it's pretty comfy.

Also keep in mind that it will pretty much always be outdate if not compiled yourself meaning a heavy security risk.

>what is official documentation

No matter it is Chromium, Ungoogled Chromium, Brave or Safari all of those give away your entire browsing history to Google (and 10000 other advertisers) due to fingerprinting

based pajeet

i'd rather hide with the chrome herd than stand out with someone with anti fingerprint techniques

wrong. you enable resistFingerprinting in Firefox which makes you look the exact same like Tor making it hard to identify you if you aren't a brainless (which apparently everyone here is)

Using Chrome (or anything based on Blink/Webkit) is not blending in since it exposes your actual Fingerprint.

Look up FP academia statistics. Chrome (anything based on Webkit/Blink) and FF (without resistFP) are uniquely identified in around 98-99% of cases.

Using “privacy“ add-ons that change fingerprint or user agent or anything makes it even easier to identify you. That is why on Firefox (resist)/Tor should never be installed add-ons. Check the recent LinkedIn “leak“ to see how easy it is to detect extensions now imagine a stock Chrome/Firefox(no resist) with extensions. More likely than not it will be uniquely identified in 100%.

source?

>running browser as root

use librefox

Its fast, it works good. No Netflix codec though. You do have to install plugins yourself, not hard they update themselves and google/mozilla can't uninstall them from your browser.

Firefox is malware. You're horrible people for lying about it and clearly shilling only for political reasons. You don't care about privacy just about mitigating the rapid shedding of users from Firefox.
github.com/intika/Librefox is the only way I know to 99% debotnet, not total.

librefox is for you

So you never even bothered to read what Librefox actually does you brainlet?

Mozilla has a wiki where they outline the 8 flags or so you have to toggle for Firefox to stop making automated requests (You can check it by sniffing the traffic which I did. If you are still suspicious check the source )

Librefox is for brainlets who can't read. It does toggle the flags that are at Mozillas wiki and includes a custom user.js all things you can do with regular Firefox as Well. The only reason to use Librefox/Icecat or any other fork Is if you are too retarded to toggle the flags yourself.

Fuck off Mumbai
Fucking this.

what is better about this over Iridium?

Tbh Librefox is actually the biggest brainlet filter. Even if unintentional their custom user.js makes fingerprinting for advertisers actually easier.

Dude if you set the mime type to auto run you can just go directly to the extension page and download it

Maybe the fact that Iridium still makes automated requests? Why do people who can't even do simple things like sniffing traffic care about privacy? I will bet my ass of that your system and the guys who use Brave/Librefox is infected already.

Something in the latest batch of Firefox updates caused it to start running like an old whore, so I switched. Faster and takes less memory

So you use Ungoogled Chromium to esxape Google botnet bit then again support them by going onto their webpage (even worse their extensions store which runs native code )

How retarded has Jow Forums become in the last 5 years ? It is really worrying seeing a “technology“ board acting this tech illiterate.

I am still running latest Firefox and I don't have any problem. +2000 Tabs with Vimium as sole add-on and heavily modified userchrome.

Though seeing how dumb people are 99% are unironically better off using stock Google Chrome here.

Idk man, I noticed a distinct performance difference

I am a Firefox user and I'm literally about to have an aneurysm with tree style tabs being broken.
In stable FF it's broken in 1 way, in nightly it's broken in another way.
Why does Mozilla insist on fucking breaking things.

I'd jump ship to Chromium if it was any better but it's all the same anymore. All web browsers have been making an active effort to get worse.

Do you want to be without your left foot or your right foot? This is your option at multiple levels.
Left foot.
Okay now how about your hands? Do you want stable or beta? Remember that stable isn't actually stable because our super duper snuggly wuggly code ninjas XD can't maintain fuck all besides a dick in their ass.

OK radesh

Use GNU Icecat or w3m

Mozilla is CO for google at this point

You're autistic

Prove me one single point where Firefox is actual botnet and it can't be disabled in two minuted and I will happily sue them in violation of European data protection laws and share the money with you

support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-stop-firefox-making-automatic-connections
this is the page you're talking about, right?

yes

if you legitimately find Firefox afterwards Stoll making connections please post them and I will unironically sue them in front of EU court.

hint there won't be any they aren't retarded like those Librefpx/Brave brainlets

You people realize that disabling metrics is the reason they neglect our wants and needs right?

assmad mozshills

Yes it is but explain this to faggots like the Librefox that have no clue what botnet or malware means.

I know about all the flags and intentionally keep them enabled (except prelosding etc) because I understand it helps developers understand what feature the user wants.

Those idiot think telemetry is some kind of “send all your browsing data to Google“ while actually it is just sending “user clicked on screenshot Button“

Yeah you go and redownload the newest versions of your extensions every time you open your browser. It's not about the fact that it's impossible, it's just not convenient.

They auto-update my dude, you clearly haven't used the browser or read the FAQ

So to clarify everyone is a shill but you?

That one guy offered you to literally sue the company you are so mad about someone else asked to provide any reasoning for your statements and explained how to what you call “debotnet“ Firefox but you simply call everyone a shill.

If everyone but you is a shill then please proof your claims. Sniffing the traffic is something an 11 year old do even worse Firefox I'd open source but you can't provide any proof?

You are the only shill here dude.

unbotneted chromium

You can't have auto updating without getting in back the botnet you idiot. Just use regular chrome you clearly have no clue about privacy.

Why the fuck did you quote me? I said something negative about Librefox but didn't even talk about Firefox

Seriously this is either a bot or a paid shill

You're thinking of IE (Edge). Firefox won't use chromium ever. They have an article on it

IDC i'm using regular google chrome™

The mozshill is immunized against all dangers: one may call him a botnet, swindler, profiteer, it all runs off him like water off a raincoat. But call him a shill and you will be astonished at how he recoils...

Just because of your shilling I will switch to Firefox now. Anyone who shills this hard on his own against multiple people without any actual arguments has to be a payed actor.

Or maybe you are a bot written by someone who glows in the dark? You literally ignored my question and just replied with a generic “mozshill“ reply

Anyone reading this thread pay attention to how this guy only quoted one of 5 people and the one guy he quoted was the only one that didn't actually provide any reasoning for Firefox while ignoring everyone else (including the post he quoted)

You literally just get payed based on the amount of posts you reply to clearly. How is life in Mumbai Rajesh?

At least provide arguments like the Firefox faggots did. What you are doing non ironically makes people switch to Firefox you idiot.

its garbage. just use brave. maintained by an actual company, always stays up to date in chromium with auto updates, and specifically strips all google shit.

>brave
>easier to fingerprint than stock Google Chrome

do you even understand how privacy works? By using Brave you literally give your entire browsing history to any advertiser on the web due to fingerprinting.

it literally has built in fingerprint protection you retard

>strips google shit
>replaces it with their own third party advertising investors

You clearly didn't sniff braves traffic.

I don't get people like you.You apparently have no clue how web privacy works but just trust a random company on the internet saying something without even checking it. Non ironically using stock Chrome provides more privacy than Brave.

you can control your own privacy from advertisers in any chrome browser, including brave. you cant, however, control your privacy from google on chrome or chromium. brain dead nigger.

that is why I am saying this you brainlet

run a fingerprinting script on it (valves fp2) then come back embarrassed. and now keep in mind that those public fingerprinting scripts can use tidy you uniquely so easy if using Brave. Commercial fp scripts are way way stronger.

How can believe companies random.claims without verifying it themselves? If I make a browser with a button saying enable NSA protection and invest 2 million in marketing clearly idiots like you gonns believe it

Do you Know what sniffing traffic even is? It means looking at the network traffic a program produces. Look at braves traffic and explain to me why it needs to connect to advertisers on every startup. Brave team even said themselves you can't disable it look in their forums they had to say This else they could get sued in the EU

Anyone using Brave is the epifemy of an Npc. Trusting a for profit commercial companies claim whose main.investors are trackers and advertisers and whose boss is a failed middle aged going through a midlife crisis.

Sure dude ungoogled chromium which makes no unrequested is inferior to a commercial company paid off by advertisers and trackers.

Imagine people genuinely believing this.

>t. glow in the dark

Brendan tell me how Yan Zhus pussy tastes? Google surely must pay a lot for all those kids you are fooling

>you can't trust brave!
>so you should trust google instead!
lmao, you really expect me to give a shit about a bunch of fags on github over the most powerful company earth? kys jewgle shill

Please elaborste where I said you should trust Google? Ungoogled Chromium is literally just a patchset for Chromium which both is open source and Brave is based on. Are you too look through a couple patches?

According to your logic you shouldn't trust anything based on Chromium including Brave you idiot.

But since you prove you can't sniff traffic which an 11yo can do nor do you know how fingerprinting works privacy should be your least worry.

Can't the Blink backend still be fingerprinted?

wow dude you are by far the most retarded person in this thread which is an astonishing achievement seeing there is a bot in this thread.

IceCat is another option.

ungoogled chromium is an unusable shit product for autists. only semi-viable on linux with repositories, are you on linux or are you downloading some randoms binary every month for a 3 version old release? pathetic
even then
>last updated 28 fucking days ago
ran by some autist from github in his basement. this is not a good project or a good browser to use. brave is run by a professional company and updated daily and has an actual updater. i dont give a shit if they added some stupid cryptoads that can be disabled. it is the best available project for chromium

Yes it can be. Blink/Webkit can't protect against fingerprinting that's the reason why Brave is just a huge marketing scheme.

Ungoogled Chromium is for people who don't care about fingerprinting (ie Adnauseam users) or people that are genuinely retarded (99% of Jow Forums especially the Brave users)

I'm slowly starting to realize how autistic I'm being with a heavily modified user.js in Firefox and judging by the posts here I'm leaning towards just fucking it.
How "bad" is telemetry really and should I even remotely give a shit?

Are you intentionally acting or retarded?

BRENDSN EICH HIMDELF SAID YOI CSNNOT DISSBLE THE ADVERTISING/TRACKER CONNECTIONS you ficking idiot go sniff the traffic.

And assuming you could disable it you still give your entire browsing history to Google AND braves investors (who are all advertisers and trackers ) due to fingerprinting.

If you want to use ungoogled Chromium you obviously.compile it yourself. That is what it Is for.

If you are too brsinlet to compile or want fingerprint protection. You use Firefox.

The worst thing about your retarded post Id that Google themselves have a Chromium blog explaining why no Chromium.based browser EVER can protect you against fingerprinting. And what os Brave based off? Chromium you brsinlet.And even if you don't believe this Fucking run your own fp script on it.

You fucking idiot are literally beyond the level of retarded it is unimaginable

telemetry is a very useful tool for devs. Disabling it is like saying to devs “You have to guess which part of Firefox needs code/functionslify update and which doesn't“

As said Apparently people think telemetry = send browser history which I'd beyond retarded.

Wonder if there's a way to install adnauseum in qutebrowser. Really like it, just hate that I can't prevent fingerprinting.

The other guy literally told you to sniff the traffic. Your response is “I can disable it“.
You cannot you 12 iq brainlet that is why you were told to sniff the traffic.

God how retarded some people are is unbelievable.

you are pretending like you are saying something that contradicts me, but it is only you who is contradicting your own earlier post. like i said before, right here NONE of them can protect you from google. so you are here saying that i should use shitty old ungoogle chromium over brave? for what fucking purpose? you even contradict yourself in your own very post. you are an absolute joke. brave has the same problem as any chromium browser, but it is also maintained, up to date, actively developed, and tinkered with as much as possible by a professional company. not by an autist in his basement who last made an insignificant, possibly broken patch a month ago.

Sadly there is not. qt doesn't support add-ons.

I came to live with not being able to defeat fingerprinting without using a heavily modified Firefox. That's why I just install Adnaudeam on every browser that isn't my resistFP Firefox and live with it.

I couldn't get into it. I can't remember why. I just use plain old Chrome, which sucks too. To be honest, unless i just HAVE to have graphics, I'll use elinks.

You are giving your browsing history to Google if you use ANY BROWSER THAT IS NOT FIREFOX.

How hard is that to understand? And no this is not a lie understand how fingerprinting and cross site tracking works you goddamn idiot.

And you call the patches low quality. Explain to me why with reference to the code because I actually read them and diff every single one of them manually. Yes I am autistic about it but that at least allows to talk contrary to you idiot that uses the biggest cash cow of browsers.

If you insist on using a Chromium.browser (ie give your browsing history to Google) at least use something that Is non commercial (ungoogled) or (since you clearly are a brainlet) use something based inside Europe (Vivaldi) where mishandling user data actually has legal consequences.

you could use something that's not a google product with a vpn

like any responsible person with paranoia would do

Dude did you ever read the patches ungooglef applies ? You insult the patches without any reasoning. You are like the bot from before screaming mozshill but not providing any reasoning. The code is there it isn't even much so go ahead.

Also look at Brave forums. Brendan Eich admitted Brave connects to advertisers and trackers every startup and tho CANNOT be disabled Brendan said this himself. Ungoogled Chromium connects to literally nothing.

What problem do you have with sniffing the traffic this is a task of 2 minutes instead you argue for 30 minutes for useless reasons. Just sniff the traffic it literally takes 2 minutes then come back.

Chromium is a Google product. Any modern Browser(including Brave ) is based o Chromium.
The only way to stop fingerprinting is to use Tor or Firefox with resistFP enabled (which literally is Tor without connecting to Tor)

>what is fingerprinting

even if you use safari with 10 vpns chained you instantly gonna be identified. The only way to escape is to use Tor/Firefox in resist mode

>How hard is that to understand?
apparently it is too hard for you to understand because you keep trying to make this the key issue which no one brought up, when the entire thread is about using a chromium based browser. thats literally what the OP is. unbelievable levels of braindead.
i dont need to read the patches, theyre over a month old. that means im missing 2 versions of features and numerous security patches. on top of that, theres no updater unless youre on linux. youre a fucking retard if you use a project that shitty when something infinitely better is available. im not worried about brendans gay advertisers, im worried about using a properly maintained ungoogled chromium browser just like the OP of this thread is about you mongoloid.

just use firefox.

Every single person you saw in this thread apart from you understands that by using a Webkit/Blibk browser you give your entire browsing history to Google but you don't. Also you refuse to sniff the traffic which takes less than two minutes.I wonder why ? If you do desperately want to use a Chromium based browser why specifically Brave over say Vivaldi which is European? fucking brsinlet

If you are a troll the congratulations dude. If you are a serious human then I am seriously sorry for you.

Im done with this discussion seriously you are more retarded than the bot from while ago. go enjoy your Browser that connects to Trackers/Advertisers on every startup whcic can't be disabled.

Firefox went down the shitter ever since quantum. It's always had a memory leak problem, but typically it wouldn't be a big deal unless you were browsing for like 8 hours and had 200 tabs. Now the fucking thing bloats up to like 8 fucking gigs after 15 minutes with a few Jow Forums tabs. Fuck this gay earth.

>no But i want to suck Brendan Eichs cock and give my personal data to his Chinese investor so they pay him money

I have +2000 tabs and Firefox currently uses 1.3GB ram

This rustles my jimmies. On both my computers it runs like ass and takes up far too much ram now.

There's a much easier method in my OP: youtube.com/watch?v=nQzW7ngC1Dc&t=160s
This annoys me too. But Quantum and pre-Quantum Firefox (and derrivatives) doesn't scroll at 60fps on my 4k monitor, averaging 40, no matter what I do with hardware acceleration & its about://config. So I'm stuck with Chromium based browsers if I don't want my eyes to bleed.

? not happening to me
there is no better alternative without trading off alot of convenience. i dont want my browser to be full of some scripts made by random niggers that block the site usage completely

woops, ignore the time where the vid starts, my b